X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Quinn has done very well in Lake Erie. Dont confuse records with success. They are a true B team, players ebing yanked up and down daily, told who to play and so on.

Sullivan is ast with NY Rangers
    Hokydad, did you, or anyone else, ever come forward with the third piece of information? People were saying how bad things come in 3's, and some posters were saying it has already occured, but has yet to be reveiled.

Comment

coyle, nicastro, triviano
      1 2 3

Comment

I know, but it was something other than that. I don't remember if it was you or 3hock, but someone was certainly implying there was something around the corner. Or maybe something that has already happened, but yet to be announced. Who knows, maybe the person was being a wiseguy and playing with people's minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          coyle, nicastro, triviano
          1 2 3
          Triviano?

Wasn't the three things comment made back in December when Trivino and Coyle left? Whatever the third thing was didn't happen. Unless you knew in December what Nicastro was going to do in February.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Triviano?

Wasn't the three things comment made back in December when Trivino and Coyle left? Whatever the third thing was didn't happen. Unless you knew in December what Nicastro was going to do in February.
            Does that make him more italian? And you didn't know hoky can predict the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Aw come on ... don't you know that Hokydad knows all?

Well, maybe not but he is great at being vague and then later on explaining how he knew everything all along.

Triviano?
              Things like spelling and objectivity have never been HD's strong suits.

Comment

The "3" thing was earlier, but I thought that right after Nicastro, someone said something else was coming that wasm't as bad as the Trivino/Nicastro problems but would still "leave a black mark" on BU Hockey (or something like that). Speculation was that it might just be some recruiting pull-outs, which I thought was not "it" since that would just be a natural reaction to the other events and wouldn't be considered a "black mark". But, yeah, I've been wondering what ever happened to that.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Now That Chiasson has signed and left, will this start the ball rolling for some of the others that there was speculation about? I hope not but I think there will be a couple more.

Comment

Don't know if this was the thing speculated after Max's incident but don't expect to see Kurker at BU. He hasn't found a new home yet, but his real estate agents are very active.

Comment

How long would it take somebody close to the team/BU police/school/HE/etc. to figure out that there was a person communicating stuff on message boards in advance of public statements ? Hopefully his ability to 'predict' the future dried up as soon as somebody realized he would run to the nearest computer to blurt out whatever he heard.
                      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        You forgot the asterisk next to Maine... I'm just sayin.

It's funny to see some of these teams' winning percentages in this group/timeframe; some rarely get there and make it count and others get there a lot and have mixed results. Just from this set of years... Denver 2 for 2. BU 1 for 1. Wisconsin 1 for 2. Minnesota 2 for 3. On the flip side you have North Dakota 1 for 7. Michigan and Maine* both 1 for 6. UNH 0 for 4 (snicker). At one point BC was 0 for 3 and 1 for 7 before getting up to 3 for 9. Historically some of these programs have crazy win %s in the FF (Denver and Wisconsin I believe closely mirror what is above).
                        Denver's sterling record should be adjusted for their absurd # of one and dones to four seeds
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          The "3" thing was earlier, but I thought that right after Nicastro, someone said something else was coming that wasm't as bad as the Trivino/Nicastro problems but would still "leave a black mark" on BU Hockey (or something like that). Speculation was that it might just be some recruiting pull-outs, which I thought was not "it" since that would just be a natural reaction to the other events and wouldn't be considered a "black mark". But, yeah, I've been wondering what ever happened to that.
                          Thank you for putting into words what I was unable to.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            How long would it take somebody close to the team/BU police/school/HE/etc. to figure out that there was a person communicating stuff on message boards in advance of public statements ? Hopefully his ability to 'predict' the future dried up as soon as somebody realized he would run to the nearest computer to blurt out whatever he heard.
                            Let's be honest, HD has some connections but they aren't within the league offices or the BU police. If he's talking about stuff on here, it's had plenty of time to get passed around.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              Thank you for putting into words what I was unable to.
                              The task force was announced after that comment too. I assumed that was #3. Having your coach formally investigated is a black mark but also not shockingly earth shattering considering the events that precipitated it
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Is parker on record about how long he wants to coach? Or just taking it year by year? I just have a sense he wants to do this forever and nobody has the balls to take it away from him...

Comment

Working...
                                X