X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Ummmm the Maine game, where we showed up for like 10 minutes? They also got outplayed by BC. However i suspect you're one of these fans who wants to raise a banner for these losses.
    Not in the least, but I'm also not jaded enough to think that two one goal loses equate to us getting smoked. We "smoked" BC in November and December, then they returned the favor at Agganis. They certainly were outplaying us for many stretches of the game in February, but we also were about two inches from winning it in OT on a few occasions. In fact, looking at BC's win streak, our Beanpot game with them is the most difficult win they've had over the stretch. That's not anything to pump our chest about, we're not a participation banner program, but it's not a sign that we mailed it in during the big games we played this season. They mailed it in against Maine in 2010, and again last season in both Beanpot games and during the NU series. While we made some mistakes this season in big games, these guys didn't show up and not care, save for a few select occasions, such as the first half of the UNH game 3. Our problems this year were not a lack of effort by any means.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      The beat writer for our paper asked a Gopher writer why there was no organized student section for them at the games, and he claimed it was because the distance was too far for them and that there was a lot of construction between Minneapolis and St. Paul. A whopping 10 miles is too far? Do they not have cars in Minnesota?
      Ha, and I saw people questioning how BC only had around 5,000 in Worcester last night.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        The beat writer for our paper asked a Gopher writer why there was no organized student section for them at the games, and he claimed it was because the distance was too far for them and that there was a lot of construction between Minneapolis and St. Paul. A whopping 10 miles is too far? Do they not have cars in Minnesota?
        The Gopher writer he talked to is a moron. No idea why the U didn't do more to organize the students, but I'm sure it wasn't actually distance that prevented it.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          The Gopher writer he talked to is a moron. No idea why the U didn't do more to organize the students, but I'm sure it wasn't actually distance that prevented it.
          I would hope not, that seemed like the most ridiculous excuse possible. How would the school even have to "organize" something for a game that close? Is there really no way to get to St. Paul from campus if you don't have a car? I can imagine if a regional was played 10 miles from any of BU, BC, NU, Lowell, UNH, or Maine, that there'd be a sizable student presence even if there weren't some kind of official bus or something.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            Notes on Saturday's game:

Man was it fun to watch Chiasson go up against Bjugstad. Those are two big, strong, nimble and just plain confident-looking players, and there they were, taking faceoffs against each other.

MN's Kyle Rau (#7) is an amazing player to watch. One of those 5'6" guys who is always making things happen. Almost Gerbe-like, except without the *cough!* sleight-of-hand Nathan is so talented at. North Dakota hit Rau yesterday several times with flat-out cheap hits, but Rau beats you by popping up faster than you'd expect, and by getting right back into the play instead of turning around to pop you back.

It was also great to see Chris Connolly play in person. Great hustle, solid play, every time.
            May possibly be the last time we see Chiasson play for BU

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
              Yeah, saw this today: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasstars/...ur-hockey-club
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Is there even a chance he stays?

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                  Is there even a chance he stays?
                  did not see the espn blog, but I think he will go

Comment

did not see the espn blog, but I think he will go
                    They lose his rights if he doesn't sign, right?

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                      They lose his rights if he doesn't sign, right?
                      I think so.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Chiasson wasn't a surprise, any idea of others (if any) leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Chiasson wasn't a surprise, any idea of others (if any) leaving?
                          Some seem to think Clendening is likely and Nieto/Noonan are possible, but not as likely.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            and work to get Dave Quinn back to be head coach.
                            Correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't Quinn leading the recruiting? And if so, shouldn't there have been more screening about these possible dicipline cases? I mean, pretty much all the guys getting into trouble over the past few years were recruited while Quinn was involved.

Not saying he could not come in and do a nice job as head coach if/when Parker retires, but maybe we would be better off considering people that had no involvement at all with these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Just pointing out, it's 99% of the time Cavanaugh drawing up plays on the time out and barking at the ref instead of Jerry.

I wouldn't read too much into that.
                              Same with umass and unh from what I can tell. Bavis isn't the next coach. And it's not Sullivan either
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong... but wasn't Quinn leading the recruiting? And if so, shouldn't there have been more screening about these possible dicipline cases? I mean, pretty much all the guys getting into trouble over the past few years were recruited while Quinn was involved.

Not saying he could not come in and do a nice job as head coach if/when Parker retires, but maybe we would be better off considering people that had no involvement at all with these issues.
                                That's quite a stretch to start to pin some of this on Quinn. He hasn't been involved in their lives since Spring 2009. Also from what we know, especially with Trivino, they weren't in trouble when they were younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X