This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I was a big fan of the Get Rid of Parker .....
    I CAN NOT see bavis getting this job. Sorry.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Moot point anyway, and as I write this the Igles are running another opponent out of the building...
      Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Doesn't matter what you root for, they have #5 in the bag.
      Agreed, no question BC takes their 5th title next week and ties BU.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        I CAN NOT see bavis getting this job. Sorry.
        Agreed. How can things get better if Bavis takes over? That's implying he has the answers to the problems and isn't telling anybody.

I still like Mike Sullivan for this job. Eventually.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          This. To say this team "underachieved" is absurd. If we had a full roster all year, yes, this would be massively underachieving. Losing your top two centers including your top scorer, and one of your top D is virtually impossible to overcome. That we were able to win faceoffs through the second half of the year is amazing. Add in the fact that guys were clearly playing injured, #6 at least twice after coming back from his broken wrist skated off the ice clearly in writhing pain holding that wrist, only to come back later in the game. It's not a satisfying result to the season, but considering what they had to patch together and that realistically, we had two lines that could produce against top competition, we achieved more than most predicted. We were skating seven walk-ons!
          Injuries aside as #6 played well and is gritty.

Having two guys kicked off the team and one leave mid-season is not OK. The 20 penalty minutes per game is not OK.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I'm not vouching for the conduct of the team but I suspect the investigation won't find the program is a problem, in and of itself. That being said, I don't think it would be good timing for anybody to ask or suggest Parker leave at the same time...the implication will be that a coach of 39 years was asked to leave because of the investigation's findings. That would be a bad move on several fronts.

So, the program will get a few suggestions made, the coach will stay at least one more year and then, after next season, look for a potential change.
            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              I was a big fan of the Get Rid of Parker movement, but the last two seasons have me kind of reconsidering it a bit because from everything that I see going on behind the bench during games, Parker's not even the one doing the coaching anymore. I think after '09, he started grooming Bavis for the job and every season since then, he's turned over more and more responsibility to him. It seems every game I see something that points to Bavis taking over. Last weekend, it was Bavis talking to the team and drawing a play up on the whiteboard during a timeout. Yesterday, it was Bavis standing over the bench, arguing with the ref when he was over to the bench explaining a call. During both of these situations, Parker was standing by himself, leaning against the glass, not paying any attention at all - totally disinterested in what was going on. Do we really want Bavis coaching this team? I don't think anything will be change if he does. I guess the only bright side to this would be that if he turns in three or four years of poor results, Mike Lynch and President Brown would actually be willing and able to fire him.
              I sat near the BU bench in the QF in 07 game #2 and I watched Parker and wondered how much of the in-game coaching he was really doing, because it didn't seem like much. It could be that Parker doesn't have the energy to do the big in game stuff but can still handle non-game stuff. I don't know, I'm just speculating. That was the only time I've ever given a strong look to what goes on with a team bench. This type of situation may have been going on for quite awhile now.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                I was a big fan of the Get Rid of Parker movement, but the last two seasons have me kind of reconsidering it a bit because from everything that I see going on behind the bench during games, Parker's not even the one doing the coaching anymore. I think after '09, he started grooming Bavis for the job and every season since then, he's turned over more and more responsibility to him. It seems every game I see something that points to Bavis taking over. Last weekend, it was Bavis talking to the team and drawing a play up on the whiteboard during a timeout. Yesterday, it was Bavis standing over the bench, arguing with the ref when he was over to the bench explaining a call. During both of these situations, Parker was standing by himself, leaning against the glass, not paying any attention at all - totally disinterested in what was going on. Do we really want Bavis coaching this team? I don't think anything will be change if he does. I guess the only bright side to this would be that if he turns in three or four years of poor results, Mike Lynch and President Brown would actually be willing and able to fire him.
                Just pointing out, it's 99% of the time Cavanaugh drawing up plays on the time out and barking at the ref instead of Jerry.

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  Sandbagger!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Sandbagger!
                    i was just going to type the same thing.................like Minnesota has no chance, lol

Comment

I was under the impression that Parker told his doctors after heart surgery that he was going to take it a lot easier on the bench during games and delegate more to his assistants (bench and practice + other areas). Am I making that up?

I think BU fans should be proud of how BU handled this fiasco of a season after the Nicastro thing went down. Of course they should be equally upset (or more) with the two incidents off the ice. And I think it's ridiculous that BU just couldn't stay out of the box vs. Minnesota even though they knew they were the most penalized team and that it would probably come back to haunt them in the NCAAs in a one and done format. That should have been priority #1 in this week's preparation/team meetings. I guess it's tough to ask a team to change like that but you would think all of these kids individually would be able to do so for the rest of their team in the NCAAs. Crazy season for BU when you throw all of those things in a big and mix it together. We'll see what we have from BU next year. Breaking in a new goalie is always scary but has worked out well for BC and BU lately so who knows.
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-26-2012, 09:01 AM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Sandbagger!
                        BC doesn't give up a single goal in the Regional and blows out a WCHA team that was as good as any of them this season. Sure, "one game anything can happen" but BC is just playing at a different level than anyone else right now I just don't see it happening.

Amazing how again and again, York takes a team that is in the doldrums midseason and whips them into a force by the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          i was just going to type the same thing.................like Minnesota has no chance, lol
                          They don't. I know it. You know it. Everyone that follows college hockey and some that don't even know. The fact the some of you are still acting like you MAY just have the teensiest shot at the title is getting tiresome. Jeez. Just own it, would you? I said you were going to win this thing back in January. So did mookie. And many others most likely thought it as well. There's nothing wrong with saying. C'mon, try it!!

I was hanging out with some diehard Gopher fans yesterday and they said "Oh, so you honestly believe BC is going to toll over Duluth?" As if I said that I felt that it was going snow in July. Saw them afterwards at Tom Reid's watching the BC game and said "Now do you believe me?"

Congrats on making it to Tampa and enjoy that 5th title!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                            Injuries aside as #6 played well and is gritty.

Having two guys kicked off the team and one leave mid-season is not OK. The 20 penalty minutes per game is not OK.
                            You're correct that two guys getting thrown off is not OK, but that cannot lead to the conclusion that the team underachieved. The circumstances were, of course, extreme and likely not at all hockey-related, so to tie them in to the success of the team and the effect on the coach is pushing it. Not saying you specifically did it, just speaking in general.

You're right about the penalty minutes, discipline on ice this season was very poor, aside from a couple of absolutely horrendous calls Saturday, Privitera's "interference" being front and center in that department. But that definitely needs to be a point of emphasis for next season.

For me, I look at this season as more of an incomplete grade. If you watch their play in the weeks before Trivino and Coyle left, they were playing excellent hockey. They twice skated circles around BC at Conte, could've beat Maine 10-1 if not for three or four posts, and picked up a big win in a tough environment over a very solid Cornell team. They were beginning to really hit their stride when the crap happened, and were never able to fully recover from it from a personnel standpoint.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              Careful, though. Minnesota is HOT and they are flying. I would probably go out on a limb (not being disrespectful to Union or Ferris State) that the BC/Minn semi-final is most likely the championship game. But don't think it will be that easy to beat them...that would be a big mistake (well, the only thing that matters is what the players think anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Or...1 title since '96

1 single frozen four from 1997-2012 ain't getting it done.
                                Hurried math, so this might be less than perfect, but

Frozen Fours 1998-2012

10 -- BC
                                7 -- North Dakota
                                6 -- Maine, Michigan
                                4 -- Minnesota, UNH
                                3 -- Mich St
                                2 -- Denver, UMD, Wisc, NotreDame, Miami
                                1 -- Ohio St, St Lawrence, Cornell, CC, RIT, Bemidji, Vermont, Ferris, Union, BU
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X