X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    Chiasson finishes with 99 career points. I fully expect him to go pro, and I wish him the best. I don't know what else he has to prove at this level. Next year's team shouldn't challenge for a title.
    How about being Captain?

I think he goes too but would love to see him stay aside from the stats. Fun player to watch on the ice with a lot of passion, reminds me of MacArthur.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Hey, congrats on a good season, guys. While it didn't result in a title, you still made the show. Unfortunately, you ran into a region of very tough teams.
      You are too kind. Since Quinn left the team defense has deteriorated. How manybtimes in the past 2 months have you watched another turnover and then have Millan throw his arms up in disgust?

Coaching , discipline. BC has given up 2 goals or less during this entire streak.

Scotch neat please

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
        Gone where? Not major junior?
        Shopping other programs. He is a very smart kid with good pedigree he really doesnt need to part of Animal House II with Captain Jack minding the store.

Comment

Serious question...., should we root for BC to win the national title if it helps get JP out the door?

Honestly, I've been a big fan of JP and I hold no ill will towards him but he needs to realize that his time is over. Doesn't he want to go spend time with his grandkids and what not?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
            Chiasson finishes with 99 career points. I fully expect him to go pro, and I wish him the best. I don't know what else he has to prove at this level. Next year's team shouldn't challenge for a title.
            Agree he will leave but "has nothing left to prove" really? Amonte, Grier, McEacheran had nothing left to prove this guy isnt at some elite level. And how about trying to win some sort of a trophy, anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
              Serious question...., should we root for BC to win the national title if it helps get JP out the door?
              This is not a serious question. It has no impact on the situation.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                Do you have a source or are you speculating?
                Local knowledge/talk

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I hate to keep bringing this up, but were it not for 2009, a team loaded with NHL talent, how would the fan base feel now?
                  I was ridiculed here when I said things like "careful what you wish for" or "my heart sank shortly after the title realizing that Parker just bought himself another 5 -10 years". Was I happy they won of course but it was still good news- bad news in terms of the next 10 yrs or so of following BU hockey. I am glad there was some success this year for the players only but if they had failed it might have spelled doom for JP combined with the rape allegations and Coyle taking a hike, so mixed feelings. His lack of having a discplined team getting ready to play every night when the games mean the most has been absolutely horrendous in the last 10-15 years, as most of you already know.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    This is not a serious question. It has no impact on the situation.
                    Moot point anyway, and as I write this the Igles are running another opponent out of the building...

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                      Doesn't matter what you root for, they have #5 in the bag.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        I cannot see how BC winning would convince BU to fire Parker. By that standard, every other coach in the nation should be fired since BC is head and shoulders above EVERYONE, not just us. Why bother going to Tampa? Ferris and Union have a better shot at winning Powerball.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Despite the fact that it is always disappointing to come up empty, I felt like this team really did quite well considering the circumstances. As the season wore on, it became clear we missed those guys more than we thought we did the first few weeks... and even so had flashes throughout the second half where it felt like we would be able to rise above it all. At the end of it though, we pretty much beat the teams that we "should" and for the most part competed and skated with the upper end teams, but more often than not, just couldn't break through. Looking back, we probably ended up about where we should have given the personnel losses we took through the season. Credit to the captains and coaches for keeping the team in it and giving us a team that (at least to me) was easy to cheer for.

Now does anybody (not me) feel like re-capping who we likely have coming back and coming in next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            That is the stat right there Slap Shot. The 2009 title hid a lot of dissapointing playoff finishes.
                            Gotcha.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Doesn't matter what you root for, they have #5 in the bag.
                            *****https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUQHyPt9PGRmxybpwY3IoGxBFyNA00o 3hhinkm6Qhczy_hFNsP******

Comment

I was a big fan of the Get Rid of Parker movement, but the last two seasons have me kind of reconsidering it a bit because from everything that I see going on behind the bench during games, Parker's not even the one doing the coaching anymore. I think after '09, he started grooming Bavis for the job and every season since then, he's turned over more and more responsibility to him. It seems every game I see something that points to Bavis taking over. Last weekend, it was Bavis talking to the team and drawing a play up on the whiteboard during a timeout. Yesterday, it was Bavis standing over the bench, arguing with the ref when he was over to the bench explaining a call. During both of these situations, Parker was standing by himself, leaning against the glass, not paying any attention at all - totally disinterested in what was going on. Do we really want Bavis coaching this team? I don't think anything will be change if he does. I guess the only bright side to this would be that if he turns in three or four years of poor results, Mike Lynch and President Brown would actually be willing and able to fire him.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Despite the fact that it is always disappointing to come up empty, I felt like this team really did quite well considering the circumstances. As the season wore on, it became clear we missed those guys more than we thought we did the first few weeks... and even so had flashes throughout the second half where it felt like we would be able to rise above it all. At the end of it though, we pretty much beat the teams that we "should" and for the most part competed and skated with the upper end teams, but more often than not, just couldn't break through. Looking back, we probably ended up about where we should have given the personnel losses we took through the season. Credit to the captains and coaches for keeping the team in it and giving us a team that (at least to me) was easy to cheer for.

Now does anybody (not me) feel like re-capping who we likely have coming back and coming in next season?
                                This. To say this team "underachieved" is absurd. If we had a full roster all year, yes, this would be massively underachieving. Losing your top two centers including your top scorer, and one of your top D is virtually impossible to overcome. That we were able to win faceoffs through the second half of the year is amazing. Add in the fact that guys were clearly playing injured, #6 at least twice after coming back from his broken wrist skated off the ice clearly in writhing pain holding that wrist, only to come back later in the game. It's not a satisfying result to the season, but considering what they had to patch together and that realistically, we had two lines that could produce against top competition, we achieved more than most predicted. We were skating seven walk-ons!
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X