X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    As for future head coaches, Bavis' cause may have been hurt by the off-ice stuff (even if he had no control over any of it). I see that people keep mentioning David Quinn, which is logical. But Mike Sullivan will be a strong candidate, too, if he wants to be when the time comes.
    With regard to your statement on Sullivan, is it your opinion, or is it based upon knowledge from someone inside the hockey program or from someone with access to a person inside the program?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...hree-year.html

Some really nice comments here from Chiasson. Sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Didn't know he's apparently very close to finishing his degree and is committed to coming back and finishing it over the summer. Three years, while being a D1 athlete, that's impressive. These quotes should be read to every potential recruit, as well as the hacks on here who think Parker doesn't care about his players. Best of luck to him in Dallas, hopefully he's got a bright future ahead.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        With regard to your statement on Sullivan, is it your opinion, or is it based upon knowledge from someone inside the hockey program or from someone with access to a person inside the program?
        I knew from sources that Sullivan would have been the prime candidate a couple of years ago. I assume that he still would be very viable, if interested.

Comment

My top three choices would be:
          1a: Quinn
          1b: Sullivan
          2: Hynes

Not much to go by other than I think al three of these guys can really coach (though as oldtimer will be quick to point out, Sullivan has never done any type of collegiate coaching). Quinn and Sullivan bring instant credibility that I frankly think would improve the recruiting. I don't know Hynes well, but he has obviously impressed some people as he has moved up the coaching ranks.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...hree-year.html

These quotes should be read to every potential recruit, as well as the hacks on here who think Parker doesn't care about his players. Best of luck to him in Dallas, hopefully he's got a bright future ahead.
            I for one, don't think he doesn't care about his players. My concern is that I don't think he can relate to them anymore (he basically said do himself on that interview last year).
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I for one, don't think he doesn't care about his players. My concern is that I don't think he can relate to them anymore (he basically said do himself on that interview last year).
              I think there's some legitimacy to this argument, though I'd change relate to understand what buttons to push to motivate them to succeed for BU.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                Anyone else also consider that Joe Sacco's contract with the Avalanche is up after this season and the team is not currently sitting in a playoff position. My guess is he is let go and then Quinn will be brought in as the HC for the Avalanche. Just a hunch.
                How enamored with Quinn is the Avalanche organization? He has not exactly lit the world on fire with Lake Erie. (Although I know there are many factors that go into the success of a team).

I don't think he can relate to them anymore (he basically said do himself on that interview last year).
                Maybe... on the other hand though, this does not sound like someone not relating to his players:

"I thought that he needed to be the first guy that I wanted to share my thoughts with and that’s what I did. I think he deserved to know first what my decision was going to be and I wanted to see what he thought and what could be the best for me and he was really supportive. I can’t say enough about him how I grew as a player and as a person and I learned so much about myself."

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                I knew from sources that Sullivan would have been the prime candidate a couple of years ago. I assume that he still would be very viable, if interested.
                What is Sullivan doing now?
                Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

i don't care if they sit on his knee while he tells bedtime stories... or if they run to him and tell him about their first bj on campus.

he is the grocery buyer and chef of the kitchen.. and he has cooked one yummiieee meal in 15 years.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Finish Line (Athletic Shoe Stores) is distributing in its stores "The Great College Road Trip," a Sports Illustrated Special presentation on College Sports rivalriesand traditions. It is set up geographically and the must ticket in the Northeast is BU-BC Hockey. This is a free magazine and my guess is they will have stacks of them. Trying to lure the college fans to the store I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i don't care if they sit on his knee while he tells bedtime stories... or if they run to him and tell him about their first bj on campus.

he is the grocery buyer and chef of the kitchen.. and he has cooked one yummiieee meal in 15 years.
                      maybe the problem is you. i have thoroughly enjoyed the cooking
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        maybe the problem is you. i have thoroughly enjoyed the cooking
                        so i should find a new restaurant?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Do you guys know how much BU gives the kids in MN a look? I see Maine swiped a few for the next couple of seasons. Connolly was a MN kid.
                          never up, never in!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Chiasson officially signed.
                            He joins former Terrier Dan Spang, never was gonna be a Terrier no-way, no-how Angelo Esposito and former Bruin duffle bag Andrew Raycroft as the T-Stars play out the string.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              Hurried math, so this might be less than perfect, but

Frozen Fours 1998-2012

10 -- BC
                              7 -- North Dakota
                              6 -- Maine, Michigan
                              4 -- Minnesota, UNH
                              3 -- Mich St
                              2 -- Denver, UMD, Wisc, NotreDame, Miami
                              1 -- Ohio St, St Lawrence, Cornell, CC, RIT, Bemidji, Vermont, Ferris, Union, BU
                              You forgot the asterisk next to Maine... I'm just sayin.

It's funny to see some of these teams' winning percentages in this group/timeframe; some rarely get there and make it count and others get there a lot and have mixed results. Just from this set of years... Denver 2 for 2. BU 1 for 1. Wisconsin 1 for 2. Minnesota 2 for 3. On the flip side you have North Dakota 1 for 7. Michigan and Maine* both 1 for 6. UNH 0 for 4 (snicker). At one point BC was 0 for 3 and 1 for 7 before getting up to 3 for 9. Historically some of these programs have crazy win %s in the FF (Denver and Wisconsin I believe closely mirror what is above).
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                How enamored with Quinn is the Avalanche organization? He has not exactly lit the world on fire with Lake Erie. (Although I know there are many factors that go into the success of a team).

Maybe... on the other hand though, this does not sound like someone not relating to his players:

"I thought that he needed to be the first guy that I wanted to share my thoughts with and that’s what I did. I think he deserved to know first what my decision was going to be and I wanted to see what he thought and what could be the best for me and he was really supportive. I can’t say enough about him how I grew as a player and as a person and I learned so much about myself."

What is Sullivan doing now?

Quinn has done very well in Lake Erie. Dont confuse records with success. They are a true B team, players ebing yanked up and down daily, told who to play and so on.

Sullivan is ast with NY Rangers

Comment

Working...
                                X