Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    In no particular order.....

Oswego fans are die-hards

St. Norbert is on another level

Lake Placid makes the D III finals that much more special for all of us

Amherst never quit

Just my personal list...enjoy
    Whatever happened to you?!

I saw you for a few seconds in Zig Zags on Friday, you got a phone call, and "disappeared" for the rest of the weekend.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: What I took from Lake Placid...

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      The weather has been so warm that they had to take the outdoor ice off last week. (Normally this time of year you need the studded tires to park on Eric's ice)
      The outdoor oval is always shut down before the Division III championship weekend. I have never been able to skate there that weekend.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
        Off topic, but I would LOVE to see a D-3 All Star Game. That would be fantastic.
        We use to (well Sr. Game at least), Bob Emery spent countless hours putting it together and just basically had enough headaches
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          We use to (well Sr. Game at least), Bob Emery spent countless hours putting it together and just basically had enough headaches
          I always enjoyed that event, but I know it was a lot of effort to get everything together and planned.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Whatever happened to you?!

I saw you for a few seconds in Zig Zags on Friday, you got a phone call, and "disappeared" for the rest of the weekend.
            I was calling a cab Russell. I had planned to stay out longer but I met up with some un-named individuals who decided to get me over-served.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Just saying............
              Weather was just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a good way; Arena Bar and Grill was great and convienent; Wise-guys although not a "posh" establishment, was great; Russell and the D3hockey guys were great company Sat night; St Norbert boy's were perfect gentlemen at Wise-guys Sat night. And I'm still distraught about losing in the finals, even though I never touched the ice. Great job lakers, was a fan-tastic season.
              Just saying..............
              Last edited by Oldtimehockey; 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM.
              Oldtimehockey

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
                St Norbert boy's were perfect gentlemen at Wise-guys Sat night.
                I wasn't there either night, so I must be missing something. Wasn't Wiseguys the spot of the Oswego alumni party both Friday and Saturday nights?

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                  I wasn't there either night, so I must be missing something. Wasn't Wiseguys the spot of the Oswego alumni party both Friday and Saturday nights?
                  Yes, the official party was Friday night....the "wake" Saturday night was unofficial - it didn't last very long, but long enough for some of us to meet the entire St. Norbert contingent...it was a bit weird having "their" party in "our" bar....but hey, the team was great, the parents were great...seriously...they could not have been nicer - and when they realized our green and gold didn't' exactly match their green and gold (Oh, you're from OSWEGO??? Um, yeah - that's what the sweatshirt says...)....it was pretty funny...
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

My Top 10 Memories of this year's FF:

10 -- Seeing "Karaoke" @ McDonalds along the Indiana Toll Road. Better described as "Scary-oke" by USVenture Jim.
                    9 -- Walk around Mirror Lake, with Big John, on a beautiful Saturday morning.
                    8 -- While stopping @ Stewarts on our drive out of LP, I overhead an ederly lady ask, "I wonder where this St.Norbert is from."
                    Standing in front of the coffee bar, I promptly answered "De Pere, Wi." I had only walked in about 15 seconds before hand.
                    We than proceeded to have a very pleasant conversation with her prior to our departure.
                    7 -- Most popular question I received during our stay: "What part of Minnesota is St. Norbert from?" I am not kidding....
                    6 -- Congrats to our three seniors (Ryd, Soley and Joanette) on contributing to the success of the SNC program.
                    Three FF Appearances and two National Titles. Not Bad!!!
                    5 -- Simply amazing turnaround by this team. After being 7 - 4 - 4 on Jan. 7, finished @ 21 - 5 - 5 with third National Title.
                    4 -- Seeing Joseph Coghlin, coach's son, picking up the player equipment after the game and placing it in neat piles by number. Priceless!!
                    3 -- Keefer goal on first shot of the Championship Game, just :17 into it. Went on to score a hat trick....it was certainly "Keefer Time".
                    2 -- Performance of freshman, Jacobson. Total of 46 saves on 48 shots in FF...limiting two of the top offenses to just two goals.
                    Down the stretch, he really stablized the defense, allowing just four goals in last six games!!!
                    1 -- Witnessing the explosion of sticks, gloves and helmets after the final horn.
                    I was standing behind the south end zone, it was like 100# of TNT had just exploded. Way to go boys...GKP!!!
                    Honorable Mentions:
                    1 -- To two great travel partners: USVenture Jim and Big John.
                    2 -- What to do in the lobby of CCC?...running out of pillars.
                    3 -- Comment heard from a SNC player dad....."Baptista grew that beard in three days!"
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

[QUOTE=hawk;5404794]What I remember most is how outstanding the St. Norbert goalie David Jacobson was against both Norwich and Oswego. He was by far the best goalie I have seen this year, including Larose. Also the way St. Norbert's floods the offensive zone with 3 forwards coming in more or less at the same time was interesting. It seemed to always leave a forward in a good scoring position. I haven't seen another team use that system in the east but proof is in the pudding that it is effective.
                      [Quote]

Jacobson was outstanding all season long, and especially in NCAA's. I can't really think of a soft goal he allowed all season.

But, after watching La Rose play against Plattsburgh and Oswego I think he was clearly the best goalie in D3 this season. I hadn't seen him play since a couple of years ago when he was platooning with Cole Anderson. His movement in the crease is absolutely insane. The only knock I could see in his game is that his stick is off the ice quite a bit.

Comment

[QUOTE=altazo;5407339][QUOTE=hawk;5404794]What I remember most is how outstanding the St. Norbert goalie David Jacobson was against both Norwich and Oswego. He was by far the best goalie I have seen this year, including Larose. Also the way St. Norbert's floods the offensive zone with 3 forwards coming in more or less at the same time was interesting. It seemed to always leave a forward in a good scoring position. I haven't seen another team use that system in the east but proof is in the pudding that it is effective.

Jacobson was outstanding all season long, and especially in NCAA's. I can't really think of a soft goal he allowed all season.

But, after watching La Rose play against Plattsburgh and Oswego I think he was clearly the best goalie in D3 this season. I hadn't seen him play since a couple of years ago when he was platooning with Cole Anderson. His movement in the crease is absolutely insane. The only knock I could see in his game is that his stick is off the ice quite a bit.
                        Sitting in section B at the stone I can remember one soft goal where someone was just trying to put a shot on goal and it went 5 hole at about 20 MPH. I do agree with you that he was solid all year and this team wouldn't have got to where they did without him.
                        When the D corps were going through their learning period and making bad decisions around their own net with the puck (the rest of D3 saw one of those plays which led to Oz's goal in the NC) Jake saved their butts and kept them in games.
                        Hell of a pickup by Cogs.

Comment

My alma mater brought home a shiny mahogany and gold trophy!
                          St. Norbert College Green Knights
                          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          ---
                          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                            My alma mater brought home a shiny mahogany and gold trophy!
                            I took home a wicked chest cold that I am just getting rid of.

BTW, I took one look @ Baptista and started thinking "St. John Baptista"
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Great stuff Pete. I only have 2 things.

1) I couldn't have been more proud to see them come back with the trophy. This certainly didn't look possible a couple of months ago.
                              2) I sure regret not being your travel partner like back in '08.
                              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I took home a wicked chest cold that I am just getting rid of.

BTW, I took one look @ Baptista and started thinking "St. John Baptista"
                                I saw his beard first hand this past Thursday (at the on campus reception) and it is of "biblical proportions"!!!
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X