Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niagara drops women's hockey!!

Originally posted by PurpleEagle4ever View Post
    No one was contacted for support and apparently this plan was in the works over a year ago.
    http://niagarahub.com/2012/03/19/aud...womens-hockey/
    I don't understand; he keeps talking about "other factors" besides finances... but never says what they were. This one just doesn't make any sense.

Powers &8^]

Comment

No it doesn't make sense! We as alumni aren't getting any answers as to why we weren't notified before the demise to help keep the program alive. Multiple letter have been written to the Administration so far and nothing has been stated or said. Its been very frustrating so far, but we are not giving up on the future of this program or the answers we deserve!

Comment

Has anyone got a quote from Coach MacKenzie regarding this subject? I know that he and the AD were at odds when he was "released" and I wonder if this latest news had any weight at that time as well.
        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
          Has anyone got a quote from Coach MacKenzie regarding this subject? I know that he and the AD were at odds when he was "released" and I wonder if this latest news had any weight at that time as well.
          What we have heard is there is nothing we could have done to prevent it which makes me believe it wasn't about money...A couple former coaches and players have been contacted by USCHO and a local newspaper so hopefully more light will be shed on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
            He did a good job of keeping this quiet, and is not likely to say much now.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
              He did a good job of keeping this quiet, and is not likely to say much now.
              The only ones to blame here is the Administration. I'm confident Coach MacKenzie didn't know anything about the demise before hand.

Comment

If it's any reflection on the motives, the "school" issued the news release before telling the kids. Yes, you could say that doing so would prevent a leak by the kids via cellphone or whatever, but the fact remains, the kids were an afterthought IMHO.

Comment

A perfectly good way to burn bridges....

Comment

Two players have found a home with Mercyhurst.... Two players on a visit to UNH.

Comment

• Re: Niagara drops women's hockey!!

Originally posted by PurpleEagles View Post
                      Two players have found a home with Mercyhurst.... Two players on a visit to UNH.
                      Mercyhurst has 6 incoming recruits according to the D1 committments thread, and 6 graduating Seniors according to their team website. Where might these two NU players fit in?

Cali

Comment

Mercyhurst is grossly over-recruiting. Some people will be out the door there.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                          Mercyhurst is grossly over-recruiting. Some people will be out the door there.
                          What is the committment timetable for returning players with respect to scholarship dollars? Are they allowed to over-committ their 18 scholarships then retract as the season gets near? Doesn't seem to make sense unless NU players are paying full ticket.

Cali

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali View Post
                            Mercyhurst has 6 incoming recruits according to the D1 committments thread, and 6 graduating Seniors according to their team website. Where might these two NU players fit in?

Cali
                            The one I know that is going to Mercyhurst is far better than most of the incoming freshmen, not to mention the experience and leadership she can bring as a seasoned D1 player. If I were the freshmen, I'd be worried about where I fit in now.

Comment

Originally posted by pakidnyc View Post
                              The one I know that is going to Mercyhurst is far better than most of the incoming freshmen, not to mention the experience and leadership she can bring as a seasoned D1 player. If I were the freshmen, I'd be worried about where I fit in now.
                              That may very well be the case but it goes to the integrity of the coach. Tough call as he will have to decide on getting better vs keeping a (financial??) promise to a recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali View Post
                                That may very well be the case but it goes to the integrity of the coach. Tough call as he will have to decide on getting better vs keeping a (financial??) promise to a recruit.
                                Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that I think Coach Sisti would go (or can) go back on any financial commitment. I was merely talking about the team, who travels, who dresses, who plays etc. if he has the opportunity to bring in quality transfers, especially those who were left "out in the cold without a place to play" then I would think any coach would jump at that. I do NOT know, what if any financial assistance was provided to the transfers from NU. But having too many players will undoubtably cause some consternation amongst incoming players who ,ay be worried about ice time.

Comment

Working...
                                X