This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

From DU 2012 NCAA Tournament Media Guide, nice little guide put together by Erich Bacher and his staff.

http://www.denverpioneers.com//pdf8/834505.pdf

INJURY REPORT
    Forwards Jason Zucker (upper body) and Chris Knowlton (lower body) and defensemen Paul Phillips (upper body) and Josiah Didier (lower body) are questionable for this weekend. Beau Bennett (wrist) and defensman David Makowski (upper body) remain out with injuries.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      From DU 2012 NCAA Tournament Media Guide, nice little guide put together by Erich Bacher and his staff.

http://www.denverpioneers.com//pdf8/834505.pdf
      Nice job by Erich and his people. I think we've all been expecting (hoping?) that Beau would return just in time to lead us to #8. Doesn't seem likely now. We'll just have to hope the "questionables" can return and contribute. Otherwise, we're going to be way thin. Ferris will be pregnant with celestial fire to knock out one of the "big boys." And if we get past them, we'll likely have to deal with an excellent Michigan club. Not easy under any circumstances, but especially when we're significantly depleted. One of these years, we're gonna roll into the tournament significantly healthy and I won't know how to act.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 03-21-2012, 07:11 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Speaking of WMU.... am I the only one here who find the irony in DENVER playing the BRONCOS in 2013? There's got to be a huge marketing opportunity there.... somebody get with Manning's Agent...........
        I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Nice job by Erich and his people. I think we've all been expecting (hoping?) that Beau would return just in time to lead us to #8. Doesn't seem likely now. We'll just have to hope the "questionables" can return and contribute. Otherwise, we're going to be way thin. Ferris will be pregnant with celestial fire to knock out one of the "big boys." And if we get past them, we'll likely have to deal with an excellent Michigan club. Not easy under any circumstances, but especially when we're significantly depleted. One of these years, we're gonna roll into the tournament significantly healthy and I won't know how to act.
          I have a feeling all of the injured players will be lobbying to play on Friday.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

From your lips, etc.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I agree!!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                I'll go with UND, BC, Miami & DU.

My sleeper pick to make the Frozen Four: Western Michigan.
                I've got Maine, WMU, Miami and DU. I can't pick UND or the Gophers. I do think WMU has a shot even if it is long.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                  Speaking of WMU.... am I the only one here who find the irony in DENVER playing the BRONCOS in 2013? There's got to be a huge marketing opportunity there.... somebody get with Manning's Agent...........
                  That's not irony.

Comment

Pios practiced in GB early this evening.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Ferris will be pregnant with celestial fire to knock out one of the "big boys."
                      It seems that arrogance is bliss these days? NEWS FLASH! Ferris is seeded higher than DUmb, homegirl...
                      Last edited by ronmexico; 03-21-2012, 11:24 PM.
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                        It seems that arrogance is bliss these days? NEW FLASH! Ferris is seeded higher than DUmb, homegirl...
                        Ron...what's CC seeded? 57th?
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          Ron...what's CC seeded? 57th?
                          That's probably UAH, you should know right?
                          Originally posted by vizoroo
                          Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                          Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                          Originally posted by dggoddard
                          Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

What are the chances Zucker plays?
                            License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                              What are the chances Zucker plays?
                              100%
                              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                              sigpic
                              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Interesting the "experts" over at CHN are hands down going with UM, BC, UND and Miami to make the FF. That's three of four one seeds. Over the last four years that has only happened once (Detroit) which was a yawn of a FF. The other three saw one or two #1 seeds advance. The possibility of three advancing this year seems like a long shot to this non-expert given the parody there was this year. UMD held the 1 spot for the longest time but there where many others. ND was one and they didn't even make it. UND never did. Picking three one seeds ignores the reality that from 5-14 there are some seriously good programs. It also ignores the fact that two of the ones weren't claimed until last weekend. Herd mentally at work for sure.
                                Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-21-2012, 11:42 PM.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X