X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by duper View Post
    Yeah, it's annoying that he referred to it that way. He's right, there are three because of a problem, namely the injury to Brittain, but that problem has been resolved, and we're basically using two.
    It's nice to be getting the respect we deserve.

I wonder how much Gwoz is holding back information in regards to the injury report. I get the feeling he is messing with Ferris State a bit here.
    I expect they will all be available. Glass half full baby!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Let's all hope they all will be back. Also here is to hoping that we win in regulation!
      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
        Also here is to hoping that we win in regulation!
        This was the important lesson from last year.

DU has a huge advantage in playing the early game and if they win, getting 3 1/2 hours extra rest and watching the second game. Likely ESPN wanted the #1 seed Michigan to be the late game which for once has really screwed over the Wolverines. All the other #1 seeds have the early game.

Comment

Do you think the Bronco press conference at noon will outdraw Gwoz?
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Do you think the Bronco press conference at noon will outdraw Gwoz?
            This situation with Manning reminds me of Joe Montana going to Kansas City, Kenny Stabler coming to Houston or Farve going to Minnesota. Peyton will get them to the playoffs but it won't net a Super Bowl.

Also playing on grass vs.indoor turf will be a factor. Takes receivers longer to get open just when his body is starting to slow down.

Comment

Ummm, has anyone seen the photo on the homepage of this website today???

Is it just me or does that look wrong? (the "TMQ" one)
              Last edited by Dmann; 03-20-2012, 01:04 PM.
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Gwoz just had his Tuesday presser.

9 players not practicing today.

All injured players will be game day decisions including Zucker.

Last Saturday, Tabrum and Dewhurst played D and did a credible job especially getting the puck out of DU's zone. Depending upon who is healthy of the 5 injured D-men (including W. Bennett), DU could have 2 to 3 forwards playing on D on Friday.

The good news, all 3 goalies are healthy, better than a 50/50 chance that Sam will be in goal.

Ferris State is a really good club and he expects a low scoring game as they are a patient team.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Gwoz just had his Tuesday presser.

9 players not practicing today.

All injured players will be game day decisions including Zucker.*
                  Last Saturday, Tabrum and Dewhurst** played D and did a credible job especially getting the puck out of DU's zone. Depending upon who is healthy of the 5 injured D-men (including W. Bennett), DU could have 2 to 3 forwards playing on D on Friday.

The good news, all 3 goalies are healthy, better than a 50/50 chance that Sam will be in goal.

Ferris State is a really good club and he expects a low scoring game as they are a patient team.
                  * Repeat Chambers blog headline, "DU Injury Uodate Vague...."

**Tabrum and Dewhurst on Defense (Couldnt find a smiley for "would you believe?" or Huh!)
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post

Last Saturday, Tabrum and Dewhurst played D and did a credible job especially getting the puck out of DU's zone. Depending upon who is healthy of the 5 injured D-men (including W. Bennett), DU could have 2 to 3 forwards playing on D on Friday.
                    I think we'll have 5-6 D on the bench including #10.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

From CHN...

"Ferris State's only other NCAA trip was 2003. The Bulldogs have a number of nice wins in the league, as evident by coming in first place, but their non-league schedule is hard to measure — losses to Vermont and RIT, with two wins each over Colgate, RPI and St. Lawrence."

Soft non-conference schedule and first trip to NCAA's for the current FSU players makes me think Pios can pull this off.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Tyler Bozak got his 100th NHL point in another Leafs loss--this time to the Islanders.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Jay Z tweet from last night

Jason Zucker ‏ @JasonZucker17
                          Off to Green Bay in the morning for the NCAA Regional Tournament. #goingintobeastmode
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

He sure sounds like he's going to be playing! GOING INTO BEAST MODE!!!
                            GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post

Here's a quick preliminary prediction for the teams going to Tampa: BC, Miami, Denver and Minnesota. (Pretty much no chance that I'm right, but who cares?)
                              I'll go with UND, BC, Miami & DU.

My sleeper pick to make the Frozen Four: Western Michigan.
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

DU charter flight landed.

Comment

Working...
                                X