This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Nice piece Dominic. Are you the voice of the Bulldogs?
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Dominic nice job on the video. Thanks for posting it. I know that this is very exciting for the FSU program and their fans.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

FSU lost only one game in January and February combined. As DG said over at LGDU DU can't look past these guys. Preparation is key with the short turn around.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Any news on Zucker?? I see Barry Melrose is pretending to know who he is....
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

I like the bracket we are in and hopefully everyone is healthy. DU doesn't have to face BC, BU, Maine, Minny, UMD or UND until the championship game. Given that they need to dig deep and play hard this weekend to get to the Frozen Four. Ferris has had a very good season and DU will have their hands full but the way DU has been playing I think they can beat anyone with some well needed rest this week. The magic number is 4. Put together a 4-game winning streak and DU has #8.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              I like the bracket we are in and hopefully everyone is healthy. DU doesn't have to face BC, BU, Maine, Minny, UMD or UND until the championship game. Given that they need to dig deep and play hard this weekend to get to the Frozen Four. Ferris has had a very good season and DU will have their hands full but the way DU has been playing I think they can beat anyone with some well needed rest this week. The magic number is 4. Put together a 4-game winning streak and DU has #8.
              We need Puck Swami's "Know you opponent". Have we ever played these guys?

We also need: Zucker, Bennett, Phillips, Didier and Makowski
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Great question. The answer is "one time."

We lost to them on the consolation game of the 2005-06 Denver Cup and it help cost us an NCAA bid.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Ferris State struggled at the very end of the season, losing 3 of their last 4, but prior to that, they were on a 15 game unbeaten streak (11-0-4) in college hockey's best conference this season. I think it is a pretty even matchup, and could really go either way. Ultimately, I think it depends on who is healthy for Denver because if they have the lineup that they had against North Dakota on Saturday, I think they bow out quickly. If they can get healthy and have those people who are injured produce...well, Denver could have a nice little March/April to add to their Trophy collection.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Chris Peters ranked the regional games in terms of watchability and chance of an upset.
                    DU is the underdog as we have the lower seeding.

4. Ferris State vs. Denver — Ferris State has zero NHL draft picks. Denver has 10. That said, Ferris State had a dream season, which was temporarily derailed in a loss to Bowling Green in the CCHA playoffs. DU has been inconsistent this season, looking great some nights and average others. It all depends on which DU team shows up. Ferris is the higher seed, but that’s only because the computers say so. This should be a good battle. Chance of Upset: 80%
                    http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...eld/#more-3206
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Any news on Zucker?? I see Barry Melrose is pretending to know who he is....
                      Zing. Beautiful.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...aa_without.php
                        Originally posted by College Hockey News
                        Gwozdecky said the Pioneers will prepare as though Zucker, as well as teammates Paul Phillips, Josiah Didier, David Makowski, Chris Knowlton and Beau Bennett, will be unavailable.

Gwozdecky said all six are considered day-to-day at this point and will be re-evaluated Monday.
                        Also, from the guy I can't stand but am sadly stuck with because so few people ever report on college hockey...
                        http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...ptimism/23514/

I don't know if this means anything, but there it is..
                        Last edited by duper; 03-19-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Altitude will televise DU vs. Ferris State

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/03...formation.html

Altitude Sports:

Channel 681 Direct TV
                          Channel 410 Dish Network
                          Channel 25 Comcast Denver
                          Last edited by dggoddard; 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Wow. Denver is buzzing with the Peyton Manning news. As anyone who has lived here knows, Denver is first and foremost a Broncos town. Pretty exciting I must say so myself.

The bad part is that the Manning story just DOMINATES all news outlets here, so it is overshadowing DU's great accomplishment of making the NCAAs. I even saw some DU players tweeting about the Peyton Manning news including Luke Salazar joking about Peyton getting his permission to wear #18. lol.

Anyway, I sure hope that guys heal fast as we are going to need the injured to play in order to get a shot at #8!

BTW, that is great news that Altitude has picked up the game. Slingbox, my cell phone and I are very happy!
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Chris Peters ranked the regional games in terms of watchability and chance of an upset.
                              DU is the underdog as we have the lower seeding.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...eld/#more-3206
                              Thanks for posting this Viz. Here's what he says about DU. I don't agree with what he says about goal tending.

- Over in the Midwest regional, Denver should be scaring everybody. Despite losing the WCHA title game to North Dakota, the Pioneers are a pretty deadly team. After getting past Michigan Tech in OT, the Pios defeated defending national champs Minnesota Duluth in Double OT to get to the Final Five championship. They might have emptied the tank before getting to the dance. With a little bit of rest and the confidence of closing out the close games, they might be licking their chops for a first-round match up with Ferris State, who is limping into the postseason after winning the CCHA regular-season championship.

- Denver is my dark horse pick to get to the Frozen Four. It’s kind of weird calling the Denver Pioneers a dark horse, but as a No. 3 in its bracket, there’s a tough road ahead, including a potential date with Michigan and senior goaltender Shawn Hunwick. The big concern for DU is the goaltending, with its three-headed monster of Adam Murray, Juho Olkinoura and Sam Brittain. A tandem is a luxury, a trio usually means there’s a problem. Still, there’s a ton of talent on this DU roster up front and they won’t have to try to win three-in-three days, as was the case at the Final Five. This team probably won’t sneak up on anybody, but they’re looking pretty deadly.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                Thanks for posting this Viz. Here's what he says about DU. I don't agree with what he says about goal tending.

- Over in the Midwest regional, Denver should be scaring everybody. Despite losing the WCHA title game to North Dakota, the Pioneers are a pretty deadly team. After getting past Michigan Tech in OT, the Pios defeated defending national champs Minnesota Duluth in Double OT to get to the Final Five championship. They might have emptied the tank before getting to the dance. With a little bit of rest and the confidence of closing out the close games, they might be licking their chops for a first-round match up with Ferris State, who is limping into the postseason after winning the CCHA regular-season championship.

- Denver is my dark horse pick to get to the Frozen Four. It’s kind of weird calling the Denver Pioneers a dark horse, but as a No. 3 in its bracket, there’s a tough road ahead, including a potential date with Michigan and senior goaltender Shawn Hunwick. The big concern for DU is the goaltending, with its three-headed monster of Adam Murray, Juho Olkinoura and Sam Brittain. A tandem is a luxury, a trio usually means there’s a problem. Still, there’s a ton of talent on this DU roster up front and they won’t have to try to win three-in-three days, as was the case at the Final Five. This team probably won’t sneak up on anybody, but they’re looking pretty deadly.
                                Yeah, it's annoying that he referred to it that way. He's right, there are three because of a problem, namely the injury to Brittain, but that problem has been resolved, and we're basically using two.

Comment

Working...
                                X