X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Not the game we hoped for last night. Think Gwoz mentioned everyone was a step slow--not surprising. The Pios played with grit and energy, but the 6th game in 9 days....
    We are in the NCAAs so that is the focus. That and getting enough players healthy enough to play.

Didn't see ehat happened to Zucker--anyone?

Selection show on espnu sucks!
    If I remember correctly, there was a collision in the Sioux end, bench side between Zucker, a Sioux player, and another Denver player that resulted in Zucker having to leave to ice. I think that the other DU player rolled over the top of Zucker, and something got messed up.
    Gophers and Pioneers.

Comment

Barry Melrose proves once again he is the biggest, greasiest putz in college hockey. And the most uninformed. I swear he doesn't watch a game all season, just reads the script they hand him 10 mins before airtime.
      Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

DU ends up where I thought they would with what seems to me to be a pretty favorable first round match-up in Ferris State. Hopefully Zucker is ok and will be in the line-up, same for Didier. And should Bennett come back, I can think of worse teams for a warm-up game for him than Ferris. Not that I'm assuming Ferris will be easy, but I would rather play them right now than Minnesota, Miami or Duluth. Furthermore, I think that of the 1st seeds, I would definitely rather draw Michigan (should we beat Ferris) than BC or North Dakota.

Here's a quick preliminary prediction for the teams going to Tampa: BC, Miami, Denver and Minnesota. (Pretty much no chance that I'm right, but who cares?)

Originally posted by ScottA View Post
        Barry Melrose proves once again he is the biggest, greasiest putz in college hockey. And the most uninformed. I swear he doesn't watch a game all season, just reads the script they hand him 10 mins before airtime.
        I'll put money down that if Melrose calls a DU game, he will tell people all about our freshman defenseman Josiah Did-ee-ay.

Oh, and one last thought: GO AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like our bracket ( I actually like them all). It's going to be a great tourney! Go BIG RED! Knock off BIG BLUE!
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            I like our bracket ( I actually like them all). It's going to be a great tourney! Go BIG RED! Knock off BIG BLUE!
            Cheering for Big Red too.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LundqvistRoy View Post
              If I remember correctly, there was a collision in the Sioux end, bench side between Zucker, a Sioux player, and another Denver player that resulted in Zucker having to leave to ice. I think that the other DU player rolled over the top of Zucker, and something got messed up.
              What made it tough to analyze was they didn't replay it as much as they should, because it wasn't immediately apparant he'd been hurt. To my old eyes it looked like he may have cought the blade of a stick on his elbow or upper arm. And I took it a little positively that he was going to the hospital for "tests." He is an extraordinarily tough kid and if there's any way he can play this weekend, he will. Talk about "high character" guys.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Good luck in Grenn Bay. It would be nice for UND and DU to meet again when both teams are relatively fresh. Hope Zucker will be playing.

Comment

Brief overview of the tournament selection show. Enjoy NCAA Tournament Memories feature @1:14 mark.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...hedule-results
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

ASAAG had an interesting post in the regional thread. I assume everyone's seen it, but DU has played and is undefeated against all of the other regular season conference champions except for Ferris, which we haven't played yet. We can complete the superfecta +1 on Friday.

Who do Lalonde (former Ferris assistant with hockey team and his wife was former head coach of womens soccer team) and Appert (alum) root for against Ferris? I hope to see them in Green Bay with DU jerseys on
                    Last edited by Cross-Czech; 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

This just in, (file under DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN) per today's (Sun March 18) Sports section of the esteemed Chicago Tribune, page 13, near the bottom:

WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY: Denver 4, North Dakota 0

I must have been watching the wrong channel...

Comment

This just in, (file under DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN) per today's (Sun March 18) Sports section of the esteemed Chicago Tribune, page 13, near the bottom:

WCHA CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY: Denver 4, North Dakota 0

I must have been watching the wrong channel...
                        A cherished tradition. Where's H.V. Kaltenborn when you really need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                          ASAAG had an interesting post in the regional thread. I assume everyone's seen it, but DU has played and is undefeated against all of the other regular season conference champions except for Ferris, which we haven't played yet. We can complete the superfecta +1 on Friday.

Who do Lalonde (former Ferris assistant with hockey team and his wife was former head coach of womens soccer team) and Appert (alum) root for against Ferris? I hope to see them in Green Bay with DU jerseys on
                          Jarrod Mermis' brother and DU recruit, Dakota, plays for Green Bay in the USHL. He better be wearing a DU jersey.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Hey Denver Fans! Nice to come in contact with you guys. Here's a video feature on the FSU hockey team and their reaction to the NCAA Tournament:

Gameday Central Page: http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s.../gameday/index
                            Last edited by DominicHennig; 03-18-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              A cherished tradition. Where's H.V. Kaltenborn when you really need him?
                              Uff da. Had to Google that. Good one.

Comment

Uff da. Had to Google that. Good one.
                                He played himself in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," providing breathless commentary about the filibuster from outside the Senate chamber. What a stirring example of democracy in action it was, blah, blah, blah. Later, when the "Dewey votes" he kept projecting never materialized on election night, Harry Truman subsequently did a spot on imitation of him, to the delight of everyone in the room. As Jackie Gleason used to say: "How sweet it is."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9WLImeRwOU
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 03-18-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X