X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    I am used to seeing good nhl teams want to get good players on cheap contracts as long as possible, but since the wild suck, they are purposely burning a year of his contract. almost as dumb as trading leddy for barker.
    Nothing they do surprises me anymore.
    How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Contract Chart from wild.nhl.com shows him as an RFA after the 2013-2014 season. I don't know their spending habits, but maybe counting this season was a way to get Zucker in and see how he looks right now. They are prorating the salary, so it's not like they're paying him a whole lot this season.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        Contract Chart from wild.nhl.com shows him as an RFA after the 2013-2014 season. I don't know their spending habits, but maybe counting this season was a way to get Zucker in and see how he looks right now. They are prorating the salary, so it's not like they're paying him a whole lot this season.
        I think getting a look at him now was the logic behind burning a year of his contract. The Wild habitually over pay for talent, so while they have some cap room this year, it's hard to say what they will have in two seasons. Plus they are one of the younger teams in the NHL. So if they want to keep the young guys around, they will have to open up the check book.

I know they still have a guy from Finland that they need to sign (I think he was their first rounder in 2010). He will likely eat up a portion of the $8 Million in cap space they have. The issue with burning a year of Zucker's contract is if he is as good in Minnesota as he was in Denver, now you only have him under the entry level contract for essentially two seasons instead of three. If he doesn't work out (highly doubtful), you look like a genius.
        Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM.
        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
          I think you are right. That would seem bad for both parties involved if it burned a year up.
          There's no down side for Zucker. If he doesn't play in the NHL, the AHL maximum salary is $85,000, so having an extra year on the contract wouldn't be worth much anyways.

Because of his size I think the Wild want to find out if Zucker can crack the lineup as a top-six forward. If he can, they might be able to shed a veteran contract in the offseason and the deal will pay for itself with a cheaper contract replacing a vet.

Comment

Looks like Jay Z is knocking Chad Rau off the Wild roster. Reportedly he will be sent back to Houston when they put Jay Z on the roster today.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Play this video while reading this, Looks like Jay Z is knocking Chad Rau off the Wild roster. Reportedly he will be sent back to Houston when they put Jay Z on the roster today.

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post

they burned the year so all their young talent would not be a rfa in the same year. Which means, that Doug Risebrough is still screwing the Wild even now. it is amazing how a bad GM can hurt a team for so long.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Jay Z in article on DU website

"I'm very excited to turn pro and sign with Minnesota," Zucker said. "I loved every second of my two years at Denver and I'm anxious to begin the next chapter of my hockey career."
                  http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=205404990

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Drew Shore , wearing #36, could play tonite for San Antonio

Just went back to read Gwoz's comments on Shore and Zucker from the DU website.

George Gwozdecky said. "Drew was one of the best players in the WCHA the past two seasons and he's ready to take his game to the professional level.

"He (Zucker) is a fierce competitor with elite speed and a deadly shot. Jason has excelled at every level of hockey, and we wish him continued success in the professional ranks."

Hmmmm...
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Jay Z on Twitter

Jason Zucker ‏ @JasonZucker17
                      Great first day with the team, happy to be a part a first-class organization! Officially wearing #16. #gowild

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                        Play this video while reading this, Looks like Jay Z is knocking Chad Rau off the Wild roster. Reportedly he will be sent back to Houston when they put Jay Z on the roster today.
                        Rau has something that Jason may never get. A college education.
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        Originally posted by duper
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Rau has something that Jason may never get. A college education.
                          Opportunity for someone to ask the obvious question - "would two more years at DU have gotten him a 'college' education?" (safe-tyyy schoo-ool)

Comment

So is Zucker pronounced like it's spelled (like sucker only with a 'Z') or is it pronounced Zooker (like looker or even like goose)? I've heard both in the last week.
                            Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                              So is Zucker pronounced like it's spelled or is it pronounced Zooker (like looker)? I've heard both in the last week.
                              It's pronounced like hooker but you shouldn't be asking these clowns. They have been pronouncing it incorrectly for 2 years now.
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

It's pronounced like hooker but you shouldn't be asking these clowns. They have been pronouncing it incorrectly for 2 years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X