• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Comments from the scoring thread:
    "Wooster" is a dump.
    BC doesn't travel well. (40 miles)
    Ticket prices
    8:00 pm start time
    Spring break?
    You forgot to mention that fans from out west just don't understand.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I know the schedule hasn't been released but does anyone have an idea of the non-conference opponents for this upcoming season? Are we playing BC/BU again?
      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi83 View Post
        I know the schedule hasn't been released but does anyone have an idea of the non-conference opponents for this upcoming season? Are we playing BC/BU again?
        Check this story in the LetsGoDU blog, Cornell, BU and UNH are all supposedly on the schedule.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/02...-pleasant.html
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          Check this story in the LetsGoDU blog, Cornell, BU and UNH are all supposedly on the schedule.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/02...-pleasant.html
          Awesome! thanks
          GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
            Haven't you been listening to FS23? They aren't rivals anymore.
            Apparently you haven't been listening to me.

Saw on Siouxsports Twitter feed that Drew Shore's agent says that Shore signed with Florida...any truth to that?
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

NO Official word from Florida or DU, but,,,,,,
              Big news for Florida. RT @chrismpeters: Per agent @muzz39, Denver junior Drew Shore has agreed to terms with the Florida Panthers

Some thought Shore might return to school in order to play with brothers Nick and incoming freshman Quentin, but he was ready for pro.

@corey pronman
              NHL Draft/Prospects writer for Hockey Prospectus and ESPN.

Big news in not only is Shore a very good prospect, if he stayed another year, could have been lost to free agency.
              Id say Drew Shore is ready to be an NHL regular right away or very soon, but not too familiar with the Panthers roster/needs.

I like his puck possession skills. Could have big Junior year. RT @tomjervis: @coreypronman Thoughts on his brother Nick?

@Muzz39 is with CAA Sports- NHLPA Agent
              . CAA represented Peyton Manning--not the same agent.
              Last edited by vizoroo; 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

DU Recruit Jared Fiegel will be in Ann Arbor next year as reported by @chrismpeters. Couldn't find the USA Hockey release
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Re: Drew Shore
                  Must be true. Tweets from other Pios--Zucker, Ostrow, Mayfield, LaLeggia...
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Re: Drew Shore
                    Must be true. Tweets from other Pios--Zucker, Ostrow, Mayfield, LaLeggia...
                    The deal is done, his agent announced it.

TSN has it on their site under transactions
                    Last edited by du78; 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Florida is in the thick of the playoff picture. I wonder if he'll play out the season with them.

In any case, good luck to him. It was great having him with us for three years.

The DU Gymnastics team competing April 7 in the Champaign Regional of the NCAA's. I half-tempted to use it as an excuse to go visit my niece, who is a freshman at Illinois.
                      Last edited by duper; 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just a curious Wild fan wondering what the rumors are if any concerning Zucker?
                        SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                          Just a curious Wild fan wondering what the rumors are if any concerning Zucker?
                          Haven't heard any rumors lately--most DU fans think it's a foregone conclusion that he's done with college hockey. After one of Jason's injuries earlier in the season, the Wild GM or coach made a public comment to the effect of wanting to get Jason with the Wild as soon as possible. After that comment, I gave up hope that he will be back for his junior year.

Comment

I guess it's part of being a top program, but it really stinks that you guys are going to probably lose your two top players early to the pros. You would have been really stacked next year if everyone returned, oh well......

Comment

Drew Shore is a quality player and a quality person. And we'll surely miss him next year, and probably Beau and Jason as well. The "smart money" knew this was coming, although some of us had our fingers crossed. So good luck to Drew as he moves on in his hockey career. Thanks for his many contributions to Pioneer hockey. And let's not be too quick to hang crepe all over the place about our prospects for next year. Okay?
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 03-26-2012, 11:44 PM.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                                The deal is done, his agent announced it.

TSN has it on their site under transactions
                                OK, I believe I requested good news!!! I expect to lose Zucker, but Beau as well? He has barely played! Over the past 5-7 years we have lost so many great players. Man I hate this time of year!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X