Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND 2009-2010 Season Thread - The Lawnmower and Cookie tossing edition!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    I'm not answering your question until you answer mine. It's only fair.
    OK, My Mother would never have considered an abortion, it would never have even crossed her mind that it was a possibility. Why, was it nip and tuck with your Mom?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHB View Post
      Regardless of anything else, props to Frattin for sticking it out and working hard to come back versus taking the easy way out and bolting.
      Not really, Canada considers DUI to be a major crime, so Frattin had to stick around and try to plead the charges down, so he wasn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        Not really, Canada considers DUI to be a major crime, so Frattin had to stick around and try to plead the charges down, so he wasn't going anywhere.
        Poor happy, always spouting off inaccurate statements.
        Frattin has been home --in Canada-- for the last four months. I'm surprised that he wasn't arrested at the border though...they must have a flag alert for UND players.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

OK, My Mother would never have considered an abortion, it would never have even crossed her mind that it was a possibility. Why, was it nip and tuck with your Mom?
          I'm not going to answer two questions, when you only answered one of my questions.

My mother doesn't regret anything I do because I am that awesome.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            I doubt the Frattin/Genoway situations have anything to do with each other.
            Possibly the Zajac injury played a role in Frattin's earlier-than-anticipated return, but not the Genoway injury.
            There has been talk since the beginning of the season about Frattin returning for the 2nd half. It just happens to be coincidence that 2 of our best players are out right now.

Sweet, UND gets back a player who has a court date already set up. Another season we don't have to listen to any UND fans talking about ethics, morals, or class, since they have more jailbirds on their team than anyone else. Like always.
            And you think it's classy to come in here and say that? Leave it to a MN fan

Yes, UND has had their share of "trouble with the law" the last few years. But find me a whole college hockey team/program that stays out of trouble ALL the time. That's what happens in college. These kids are good kids, as are most college students, they just happen to be in the spotlight a bit more because they're the big news in GF since it's a small community.

With that said, I'm glad Frattin's back. It'll be good for the team to have him back, I know they've missed him on and off the ice.
            Application for Admission to the WCHA:
            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
            Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
            Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
            Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
            All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
              And you think it's classy to come in here and say that? Leave it to Happy.
              FYP.
              Most UMN fans on here are pretty good. Happy is here just to troll.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHB View Post
                Regardless of anything else, props to Frattin for sticking it out and working hard to come back versus taking the easy way out and bolting.
                Why do people make it sound like such a noble, difficult thing to do? Yes, he stayed in school (he was a student already was he not?) but you know there was a, "wink, wink" behind the scenes that told him he'd be able to come back or else he would have left without question. Don't get me wrong - I'm not here to bash him or Hakstol. He made a mistake and the punishment doled out has been served. I say more power to him and good luck, but his sticking around shouldn't be elevated to the typical halo status so easily self-assumed round these parts.

That said, let's not sugarcoat the circumstances:

Yes, UND has had their share of "trouble with the law" the last few years. But find me a whole college hockey team/program that stays out of trouble ALL the time. That's what happens in college. These kids are good kids, as are most college students, they just happen to be in the spotlight a bit more because they're the big news in GF since it's a small community.
                Horse hockey. He didn't just "get into trouble". He's a member of the most prominent program in town, got busted in a publicized drunken outing and then was stupid enough to follow it up with a DUI. That isn't just getting into trouble. Now again, I'm not here to bash him for it because imho it's too easy to bash players for situations like this, especially when they play for a rival. I'll leave that to others. He paid a penalty and is now back on the team and good for him, but don't wash away the sins as a childhood prank, they were egregious mistakes from an adult.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I'm happy that Happy is back. The Fighting Sioux Sheriff has made me beat my head against the wall once again. Whenever he posts I get a feeling in my stomach that I wish I was born in Minnesota. What a perfect place to be, the 494-694 loop is the only place in the state that cares about the "U".
                  'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Slap Shot, you forgot your favorite line in your earlier post:

Typical Sue Hockey

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Yahoo came out with their Top 10 Goals of the Decade:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,211289

The only NCAA goal on the list?
                      Evan Trupp's OT winner against Minnesota in 2008.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I've never heard Frank so ecstatic.

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Though Ryan has now been renamed David.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Though Ryan has now been renamed David.
                            David Martens has a better ring to it anyway.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Marty!!!

Comment

There has been talk since the beginning of the season about Frattin returning for the 2nd half. It just happens to be coincidence that 2 of our best players are out right now.

And you think it's classy to come in here and say that? Leave it to a MN fan

With that said, I'm glad Frattin's back. It'll be good for the team to have him back, I know they've missed him on and off the ice.

Come on, UND fans made a much bigger deal out of Frazee, who didn't get arrested multiple times. And, as far as under a spot light, players at Minnesota have had multiple undercover news teams with cameras follow them around, whereas usually, the Grand Forks paper doesn't report about UND arrests until it has been in other papers for a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X