Lacrosse championship weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacrosse championship weekend

Anyone follow this? I just started getting into it a few years ago, but only casually. I have to say, if it was as popular as it is now, i would have played it when I was in HS. Anyone have any opinion? Having watched all four teams in Albany, Yale, Maryland and Duke, any team has a shot. Obviously I'm partial to Albany. Ill be watching today!
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Re: Lacrosse championship weekend

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Anyone follow this? I just started getting into it a few years ago, but only casually. I have to say, if it was as popular as it is now, i would have played it when I was in HS. Anyone have any opinion? Having watched all four teams in Albany, Yale, Maryland and Duke, any team has a shot. Obviously I'm partial to Albany. Ill be watching today!
    I've been following lacrosse for years. Going to the championship game Mon. Glad they're back @ Gillette.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Pulling for Albany, too. Marr is a breath of fresh air. Medicine games on Monday!

Comment

Wasn't the RPI lacrosse team still using the '86 Field while you were an undergrad? If so, you couldn't help but see parts of games while moving between classes. One of my most vivid recollections was watching the two teams trying to dig the ball out of the mud on the field after a rain storm. While I was an undergrad RPI was in the process of downgrading the program for a nationally ranked program to a D-III program. We still played schools like Syracuse and were completive my first couple of years but got killed by my senior year (1968).
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Wasn't the RPI lacrosse team still using the '86 Field while you were an undergrad? If so, you couldn't help but see parts of games while moving between classes. One of my most vivid recollections was watching the two teams trying to dig the ball out of the mud on the field after a rain storm. While I was an undergrad RPI was in the process of downgrading the program for a nationally ranked program to a D-III program. We still played schools like Syracuse and were completive my first couple of years but got killed by my senior year (1968).
          I'd forgotten we were competitive! I remembered reading that our team made the trip to London for the exhibition at the Olympic Games. Basically the RPI team was 'our team' for the exhibition. Ned harkness was the coach or was it one of his relatives? I always thought we just drifted during the 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            I'd forgotten we were competitive! I remembered reading that our team made the trip to London for the exhibition at the Olympic Games. Basically the RPI team was 'our team' for the exhibition. Ned harkness was the coach or was it one of his relatives? I always thought we just drifted during the 50's.
            It was indeed Ned.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It was indeed Ned.
              RPI got a few mentions on the Worldwide Leader during the game as UAlbany had a player, Kyle McClancy, all set to attend the Tute before visiting Albany returning from his recruiting visit
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

For the 2nd year in a row BC lost the women's lax championship. Last year to Maryland, this year to James Madison.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  For the 2nd year in a row BC lost the women's lax championship. Last year to Maryland, this year to James Madison.
                  All we need is for Duke to lose the men's and justice will be served.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2018, 12:41 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    1949!!!
                    1949!!!
                    1949!!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was going to post if Yale gets up by 4 or more at any point I don’t see them losing...they are one goal from doing that.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Elis.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Elis.
                          IINM, the plural of Eli is Eli.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            IINM, the plural of Eli is Eli.
                            /shrug, the Yalies have Elis on their helmets. And we all know Yael* knowledge is superior to Cornell. /ducks

Comment

Cornell into the finals!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                              X