Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA News and stuff

Hmmmm m.

@NCAADIII: If a SA drops a class and is below full-time he/she will no longer be eligible for practice or competition. (Bylaw 14.1.8.1.1) #D3Rules https://***********/NCAADIII/status/949059333391712258/photo/1
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA News and stuff

What's the news here?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

You know, not much. I first read this as a class = grade, not, you know, class.

But there will be more, exciting, news coming up. This is the NCAA after all.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        What's the news here?
        That has always been the rule. At Norwich athletes frequently registered for an over load and dropped the classes they felt least likely to pass. It used to be that if a student took a W from a course that that was counted as a grade, and a grade of W was recorded if the student withdrew after the last date to drop that was counted towards their full-time enrollment. For students (not athletes) carrying a minimum full-time load who got in trouble in a course, they could retain full-time status with a W - the problem was that it was contrary to the NCAA rules (which make sense for athletes - I once knew of a football player who W'd from all his courses after mid semester, but remained eligible because a W counted as a grade.) The school changed its regulations for enrollment to comply with the NCAA rules.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

There used to be a Withdraw Passing and a Withdraw Failing, where one hurt your overall GPA and the other didn't. Has that been done away with?
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            There used to be a Withdraw Passing and a Withdraw Failing, where one hurt your overall GPA and the other didn't. Has that been done away with?
            No this is still in place. There is a certain date that schools set before the withdraw period ends, and the withdraw counts towards GPA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              No, they are just W's now. The effect of a WF was unclear. They weren't calculated in the GPA during my time, but a WF maybe didn't count towards full time enrollment. Now, a W does not count towards enrollment, but does appear on the transcript.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

@NCAADIII: 2018-8: First permissible on-ice practice date in ice hockey was adopted. - Establish second Monday in October as the first permissible on-ice practice date. Does not change the first permissible contest date. http://on.ncaa.com/2Dm6Rwl #NCAAConv https://***********/NCAADIII/status/...503296/photo/1
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You still can't drown your sorrows at an the hockey championships.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...?sf182230364=1
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X