• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

continue

last thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...or-Red-October
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season Part II: In Memory of WaP

Norsemen, thanks for the statistics.
    If I read that correctly, I saw 415 rapes.
    Is that enough for you Dude?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Norsemen, thanks for the statistics.
      If I read that correctly, I saw 415 rapes.
      Is that enough for you Dude?
      I believe the correct number is 4+1+5=10 over 3 years. That’s depressingly high enough when you consider the damage to the victims. If it was 415 they should just shut down the entire operation.

The Security stats page says, “The statistics include fraternity and sorority complaints and crimes that happened off campus, while the victim was in transit between the main campus and a Rensselaer residential area.” However, it doesn’t say in which category they are recorded.
      Last edited by rpi82; 06-30-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        I believe the correct number is 4+1+5=10 over 3 years. That’s depressingly high enough when you consider the damage to the victims. If it was 415 they should just shut down the entire operation.

The Security stats page says, “The statistics include fraternity and sorority complaints and crimes that happened off campus, while the victim was in transit between the main campus and a Rensselaer residential area.” However, it doesn’t say in which category they are recorded.
        You are correct ... the numbers didn't paste in year order properly. Its not 415 Incidents but 4, 1, 5 for a total of 10

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Looks like he’s having a good camp Goal & assist in games yesterday & today....
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I've enjoyed reading WithoutaPeer's insights into college hockey in general and RPI hockey in particular for a long time.

The title of this thread seems to imply that the WithoutaPeer website is now defunct.

From what I read in Tom Reale's announcement, he has stepped down as radio announcer for the RPI hockey games.

I did not read that he was stepping down as a contributor to the WithoutaPeer website, though it wouldn't be surprising, given his disenchantment with the state of affairs, that he could choose to do that as well.

Even so, the WithoutaPeer website lists him as only one of four "hosts" of the site, so it isn't at all clear to me that his departure would necessarily mean that WithoutaPeer must immediately cease operations.

Can someone clarify? Will WithoutaPeer continue, or is it finished?

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Looks like he’s having a good camp Goal & assist in games yesterday & today....
                I wonder who is the third skater on his line. He hasn't been mentioned on any of the tweets which you posted,
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I've enjoyed reading WithoutaPeer's insights into college hockey in general and RPI hockey in particular for a long time.

The title of this thread seems to imply that the WithoutaPeer website is now defunct.

From what I read in Tom Reale's announcement, he has stepped down as radio announcer for the RPI hockey games.

I did not read that he was stepping down as a contributor to the WithoutaPeer website, though it wouldn't be surprising, given his disenchantment with the state of affairs, that he could choose to do that as well.

Even so, the WithoutaPeer website lists him as only one of four "hosts" of the site, so it isn't at all clear to me that his departure would necessarily mean that WithoutaPeer must immediately cease operations.

He may have left that open, but he has been posting very little there the last couple of years anyway.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-01-2018, 01:45 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quote from a previous posting "And as for Tom, running away from a problem never solved anything".

Absolutely no clue how anyone can read Tom's I'm Leaving post and rationally conclude the HE is running away from anything.

HE has simply decided that he will no longer volunteer his time and efforts to an administration and management HE no longer believes is deserving or worthy of it. HE is hardly alone in that belief.

He clearly and concisely listed multiple behaviors, attitudes and tactics of the institute's administration and management that lead HIM, as HE stated bluntly in HIS post, to feel "embarrassed and ashamed" of the very institution HE graduated from.

Obviously, He reached the determination that HE and HIS name was engaged (all be it on an UNPAID VOLUNTARY BASIS) with an endeavor without merit. Once someone determines that, one withdraws. PERIOD!!! THE END!!!

Any expectation level by anyone who somehow, someway believes that HE should continue volunteering HIS time and efforts to this organization and terms HIS not doing so "running away" would ALL find their rationality, lucidity and ability to read and comprehend questioned by ME.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND DID IT FOR EIGHT YEARS!!! Besides, HE now has far better things to do with HIS discretionary time. Namely, a family that now includes a toddler.

Comment

Today is 1 July 2018. There are 98 days (14 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                        Quote from a previous posting "And as for Tom, running away from a problem never solved anything".

Absolutely no clue how anyone can read Tom's I'm Leaving post and rationally conclude the HE is running away from anything.

HE has simply decided that he will no longer volunteer his time and efforts to an administration and management HE no longer believes is deserving or worthy of it. HE is hardly alone in that belief.

He clearly and concisely listed multiple behaviors, attitudes and tactics of the institute's administration and management that lead HIM, as HE stated bluntly in HIS post, to feel "embarrassed and ashamed" of the very institution HE graduated from.

Obviously, He reached the determination that HE and HIS name was engaged (all be it on an UNPAID VOLUNTARY BASIS) with an endeavor without merit. Once someone determines that, one withdraws. PERIOD!!! THE END!!!

Any expectation level by anyone who somehow, someway believes that HE should continue volunteering HIS time and efforts to this organization and terms HIS not doing so "running away" would ALL find their rationality, lucidity and ability to read and comprehend questioned by ME.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!! HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH AND DID IT FOR EIGHT YEARS!!! Besides, HE now has far better things to do with HIS discretionary time. Namely, a family that now includes a toddler.
                        I agree with you had that Tom is not running away. He is trying to make a point about his opinion about the RPI admins, an opinion shared by many who are knowledgable about the situation.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gosh-lots of stuff on here. I stay away for a bit and come back to read about 10 pages and the start of a new thread.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Gosh-lots of stuff on here. I stay away for a bit and come back to read about 10 pages and the start of a new thread.
                            Never a dull moment involving someone from the Clinton administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Without a Peer hasn't been regular for a while now. Ever since it became a bit of a "chore" for the writer and less fun, they decided to hang it up except for the random quips. However, with the way the administration has been, the writer has felt RPI has been pushing his philanthropy away even further. It's more about the writer than it is WaP, however there is evidently a bit of feeling that he is WaP, and instead of calling out people personally, it's a bit better to call out the cause.

Comment

Working...
                              X