This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

Once the other one closes out, which should be tonight, we can use this one.

goal_light

HOMER LIGHT!!

FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 9: The Carlos Guillen edition

I was looking on baseball-reference.com for all the Tigers numbers thinking surely there was somebody that would be more representative than Carlos Guillen.

You had Fred Lynn (88-89) and Stan "I was once traded for Bill Lee" Papi (80-81). Nope -- you win.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I take it Tiger fans have stopped caring for 2015?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Pretty much.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

4-0 Twins in the bottom of the first. It'll probably end up 16-0 or something...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            The Tigers themselves stopped caring about 2015 awhile back, so...

Comment

I've been at the office non-stop since about Wednesday, and will be until tomorrow night, since my boss has no idea how to run a lemonade stand, let alone a CPA firm. But I'll be back

God, that was fun...

Comment

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ople/72283198/

"Last year was tough. We came home down 2-0 and the fans were really hard. Now they won't be angry. There's no October baseball. That's why I say this season will be a lesson to a lot of people."
                Excuse me?

**** you, Victor.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hammer.....I'll be attending the KC game on Saturday......any chance we'll see you there ?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    Hammer.....I'll be attending the KC game on Saturday......any chance we'll see you there ?
                    I've been to one Tiger game this year, so no, I won't be there. This is an R&R weekend for me.

Oh, BTW, Woodward Ave is all torn up and down to one lane each way, due to the M-1 project. Traffic is a complete fiasco in front of the park.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Norris goes 3.2 before getting close to his 50-pitch limit (1st start back since oblique injury). Al Al promptly gets in trouble on his 1st pitch in relief.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, I didn't figure that VerHagen and Hardy would be the ones to blow the game. They've done their jobs this year, more or less, once we figured out how to use them.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          I've been to one Tiger game this year, so no, I won't be there. This is an R&R weekend for me.

Oh, BTW, Woodward Ave is all torn up and down to one lane each way, due to the M-1 project. Traffic is a complete fiasco in front of the park.
                          I thought they had gotten past Comerica on that project?
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            I thought they had gotten past Comerica on that project?
                            I've never been dumb enough to try to take woodward to the game even when it wasn't torn up, and I don't think it affects more than 5% of the fans anyway.
                            Did you see Miggy's comments about Ausmus?
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I never put much stock in what a player says to the press about the manager, since it's over 95% positive anyway. They're never going to throw the manager under the bus. That would be an instant dumpster fire that would end up all over every sports station about 2 seconds after it came out of their mouth.

It also does not change the fact that Brad Ausmus is gone the day after the season ends.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X