Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack College 2017-2018

Haven't seen this thread up - hopefully some other MC people on the forum.

Delia suiting up for the Blackhawks tonight in Detroit behind Crawford. Hoping Halladay is as big of a recruit as some are saying to fill the void.

HEA Prediction: Heart 6th, Head 8th

Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

In the words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was!" Solid GK, D, and PK but the Warriors continue to struggle with the finish, and PP/play against defensive breakdown continues to be little more than a passing drill.

Maybe a good sign that Vogler started both nights, could indicate that Dennehey believes he has solidified as a #1 starter.

Comment

A new recruit, forward Chase Gresock who plays for Youngstown (USHL).

chase gresock‏*@gresock27
      Excited to announce my commitment to Merrimack College! Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way! #Warriors

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=272543

Comment

Saw on theMackReport rumors of Lawler expansion? Does anybody know any other details of this? Not a VIP member of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
          Saw on theMackReport rumors of Lawler expansion? Does anybody know any other details of this? Not a VIP member of the site.
          No, it's just some kid mailing in asking why Merrimack doesn't build wraparound seating, raise the roof, yadda yadda yadda. Mike lets him know that that's not happening any time soon.

Comment

what a weird game vs Wisconsin. Thought we played really well..except for those 40 seconds where we gave up 3 goals.. 2 of which were major deflections. I think we're a good team, just need to get into the swing of things.

Did anybody see the new mascot???? What in the world? haha. winless since the arrival of our new un-named friend. Coincidence???????????

side note - 7k+ at the football game was a pretty incredible sight (our football team is division2). Just goes to show the growth of the school in the last few years. Can only imagine what things will look like 10 years from now. Can't wait for all the other sports to turn D1.. I think we're finally ready.

Comment

Pretty long preview from McMann http://www.themackreport.com/news/la...shutdown-line/

and MC Alumni I did see the mascot. CREEP ALERT!!!!!!!!!
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

The mascot sounds like the answer to a question nobody asked.

Can't make it to campus until the BC game in a few weeks. I am excited to see the new facilities. Hope they can get a few points between now and then. I wouldn't mind if we were a second half team again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  The mascot sounds like the answer to a question nobody asked.

Can't make it to campus until the BC game in a few weeks. I am excited to see the new facilities. Hope they can get a few points between now and then. I wouldn't mind if we were a second half team again too.
                  I think we will be, but we'll turn it around earlier than last year. So like las tyear it wasn't until the middle of January and I think this year the team can be rolling by Thanksgiving, so maybe that means something like 17-13 for a record. But that all matters if we get goaltending. Vogler looked like an NHL prospect as a freshman and since then (last yr and this yr) looks shaky. He's no Delia. I don't know what we are going to get from him.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Finally some PP scoring, and scoring in general by MC, so that’s a positive.

Even 5 goals isn’t enough to get in the win column it seems.. I’d really like to see Dennehey give Halliday a shot in net. Sounded like Vogler let up at least one pretty soft goal in this game.

The just-for-fun 2OT is dumb.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post

Even 5 goals isn’t enough to get in the win column it seems.. I’d really like to see Dennehey give Halliday a shot in net. Sounded like Vogler let up at least one pretty soft goal in this game.
                      Just saw the UMD goals from last night (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoojs60k5SA) .. would like to see Halliday tonight. Voglers let up some soft goals already this season, was hoping to see more out of him.

Non-conference game, no pressure..seems like a good opportunity to see what Hallidays got

Comment

Merrimack College 2017-2018

We didn’t get our wish.. so far so good however

Comment

That was ugly

Watched the stream and Vogler looked horrible. He kept them alive in the first but the goals in the 3rd were really bad. Gotta give Halliday the start against Umass this weekend. Vogler just has not looked good.
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

some of the goals in the 3rd period he just looked lost, flopping all over the ice like a fish out of water
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

still winless since the new mascot.... just sayin

Comment

Working...
                              X