Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

she won. so let's go.

what can she get done? when 42 took office there wasn't this much of a divide. heck, 41 even raised taxes the only big fight was the 'modern day lynching'

so can we raise taxes? have to do so. we have debt that needs to get paid and need $$$ for other stuff. there are things that need to get done.

can the morons in the senate (if needed) realize that they need to take a first step forward and confirm a SC Justice? that's an easy first step.

can the R for that matter stop holding ideas hostage due to their love for a fetus? christ, if american catholics can accept abortion we can all move on already.

is college going to be free? let's go then!!!

can we pay for other progressive ideas floating around? can these be broad based? can we all now get along??

will the gov'ment start to throw cops in jail? or let them control the criminal masses ( ). how can the elected and their domestic force get along.

can we wind down military spending? move to a more simplier force to attack enemies cheaper and stop spending $1,000,000 for a wrench? can saudiland and japan and germany start paying their fair share too?

wall street is happy again. the are confident their queen is going to be in charge of the hen house (and rover is happy ) is there a way to teach the berns that wall street is good? can madame president convey that message? will pocahantas be a bigger thorn than the repubs?

what about health care? is she going to control costs there? coverage is good, but costs are the killer. nationalization? what gives?

lift the limit on socsec taxes? can we finally get this solvent forever? can we get congress to reimburse the lock box? or just accept that is a permanent transfer payment and deal with it?

what else we need? what else can we do?

when 42 came in he had the benefit of a recession on the heels of 41. 45 has no such 'problem'. when it shows up will that pressure her in 2020 with a warren challenge in the primary?

exciting times ahead......
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

If she loses I am going to find you.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Re: Madame President -- it's over. Can we refer to them as 42 & 45 now? can 45 > 42?

And now for an opposing view on who's going to win the election, may I present Scooby!

Scoobs, accept mookie's challenge and do your thing.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Ding Dong the Wings Are Dead.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          And now for an opposing view on who's going to win the election, may I present Scooby!

Scoobs, accept mookie's challenge and do your thing.
          there is no logical opposing view. sorry. fly to london & bet the mortgage! bet your HSA!!

will REM regroup and perform the inaugural with U2 again?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            there is no logical opposing view. sorry. fly to london & bet the mortgage! bet your HSA!!

I want to see if they wheel out Fleetwood Mac again. I think they're all still alive...
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I want to see if they wheel out Fleetwood Mac again. I think they're all still alive...
              i think they are. didn't they play td banknorth garden last summer??

Comment

Jesus. If Michael Stipe, Bono and Sting ever appear in the same room the world will be sucked into the ensuing black hole of sanctimony.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Jesus. If Michael Stipe, Bono and Sting ever appear in the same room the world will be sucked into the ensuing black hole of sanctimony.
                  you can't mean this

Comment

Forget it; he's rolling.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Ding Dong the Wings Are Dead.
                      ^^

Sorry mookie, but this sort of thread only works when Ciskie starts it.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-07-2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        ^^

Sorry mookie, but this sort of thread only works when Ciskie starts it.
                        if ONLY mookie had that power

this was a serious ask for answers

Comment

this was a serious ask for answers
                          Sure...OK

Hilldawg's First 2 Years

Let's be honest, that's all she's really got before the orcs take over both houses again.

Tax increases? - NO

SCOTUS Appointees - YES, TWO - one to backfill Scalia, and one to address the likely retirement of Notorious RBG. Assuming a 50-50 Senate and nuking of filibusters, Kaine will ram these nominations through.

Student loan relief? YES, WITH RESERVATIONS - hopefully not total absolution because my generation still needs to learn about debt responsibility. This is something she and the libs should be able to get some of the orcs in the House to cross the aisle on without risk of too much snarling from their constituents. It impacts a large number of people and families in this country, regardless of gender or race. Even orcs like a handout, as long as it's coming from another orc under the auspices of "economic growth".

Immigration reform? PROBABLY NOT. This is one that the orcs will all stand their ground on, or else they risk getting primaried in 2018.

Obamacare reform? NO, unless it's a vote to de-fund.

Military downsizing? FORGET IT. Not with Putin a couple more hostile takeovers away from USSR 2.0, and China expanding their designs on Taiwan and the Philippines.

Universal background checks? LOL. Hope everyone had the foresight to buy some stock in S&W or Vista, because this ain't happening. Might as well profit from the panicked post-election purchases of Trumpers, prepping for Hillary's 4 AM no-knock raids that will never come.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Immigration reform? PROBABLY NOT. This is one that the orcs will all stand their ground on, or else they risk getting primaried in 2018.
                            I think it depends on how tomorrow goes. If it's close, maybe they can continue to keep playing that game. If it's a blowout, they probably have to actually listen to their post-election autospy this time around.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

How powerless will Liz and Bernie be on Wednesday morning (assuming they're both still amongst the living)?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X