2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Pleasantly surprised by the apparent change of heart at Hockey Canada with respect to promoting the women's team...usually you have to hire a detective to find this info even on their site...but now here it is as bold as can be...Good.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...am_Par2A6777-1

Re: 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Schedule, Rosters and Standings...this will be helpful as the games are unfolding...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...stats/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      Schedule, Rosters and Standings...this will be helpful as the games are unfolding...

I hate to be cynical but it may have something to do with the fact there are no NHL players on the men’s side....

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
        I hate to be cynical but it may have something to do with the fact there are no NHL players on the men’s side....
        With the pullout of the NHL I have zero interest in the men's tournament this Olympics. If they had reverted to a pure amateur tournament where we would have seen the best non-pros from each country I'd be all in.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          With the pullout of the NHL I have zero interest in the men's tournament this Olympics. If they had reverted to a pure amateur tournament where we would have seen the best non-pros from each country I'd be all in.
          I was never a fan of the NHL players being in the Olympics in the first place so I am going to watch because I'm curious to see how we'll do and I want to support the young players on the team.

Comment

and please be sure to thank Canada hockey for overlooking the best young player in the world...Miss Watts.
            BC would be in deep doo doo without her.

...The second biggest head-scratcher in women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              and please be sure to thank Canada hockey for overlooking the best young player in the world...Miss Watts.
              BC would be in deep doo doo without her.

...The second biggest head-scratcher in women's hockey.
              Canada better watch out, I heard that the North and South Koreans are starting to gel.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Exactly what I was about to post until I read yours.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  I was never a fan of the NHL players being in the Olympics in the first place so I am going to watch because I'm curious to see how we'll do and I want to support the young players on the team.
                  Nope. Not me. I'm not going to waste a single second of my life watching any of the men's tournament. The women's tournament on the other hand, I will follow very closely.

And this is coming from someone who worked Lake Placid in 1980...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Nope. Not me. I'm not going to waste a single second of my life watching any of the men's tournament. The women's tournament on the other hand, I will follow very closely.

And this is coming from someone who worked Lake Placid in 1980...

I agree, the men's tournament has to be all pro or all amateur (my vote is for all amateur). but this hybrid, not really sure display is useless for everyone.

Comment

About the only reason I will watch the men's games is to see Ryan Stoa play again. The women's games? Can't wait till they start!

My wife otoh said she will watch as much of the hockey as she can because she "loves all of the Olympics from the opening ceremony right on to the end."
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I agree, the men's tournament has to be all pro or all amateur (my vote is for all amateur). but this hybrid, not really sure display is useless for everyone.
                        Exactly my thoughts as well. Have each country send the best team they can put together, either all-pro or all-amateur. If the NHL won't allow their players to participate, then to be fair to all countries it has to be all-amateur, according to a strict definition.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Exactly my thoughts as well. Have each country send the best team they can put together, either all-pro or all-amateur. If the NHL won't allow their players to participate, then to be fair to all countries it has to be all-amateur, according to a strict definition.
                          Let's wait to see what happens this year before we, the experts, decide what might be the best format. I just prefer having amateur athletes at the Olympics but let's face it, even the so-called amateur athletes are getting paid somehow or another.

Comment

I think the NHL guys need to be there, it should be the best of the best playing in the Olympics. What I would have liked to see is the entire US World Jr team play in the Olympics this year. They would have the advantage of great chemistry just coming off the World Jr's. The way it's set up this year is a joke. I'm really not at all motivated to rah rah the US team with a bunch of has beens and want to be's on it.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

Well, the rosters for the other countries say no data. Baby steps by Hockey Canada I guess. The rest of it looks great, that will be handy. I am sooo excited for the Olympics. I had a thought today, about Poulin. In 2010 was it a known fact that she was going to be the next big star, captain clutch and all that? Or did she kind of become a star at that 2010 games? Who is the next big star of Team Canada? I wonder if someone new will make a name for herself at these Olympics. There’s 9 newcomers. I’d list them out but it’s late and I’d also have to look them up to get it right. Thoughts?

Or we can keep discussing the NHL, haha that’s fine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X