North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Banner #8 is in the rafters and the annual exhibition game against U of Manitoba is in the books - a 5-1 win. Season starts with a home series against Canisius next weekend. It's going to be a fun season.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Good luck to the Sioux this season. if it isn't Maine then North Dakota all the way
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The pre game ceremony was pretty cool. Gino got a huge applause when he represented the 82' championship. St Clair got the biggest for representing the 2016 championship. All 8 were represented by a former player of team that one it that year.

Peski, Yon, and Bowen looked pretty good for the freshman. Yost can fly. Not a physical game at all. But it's an exibition game and now it's time for the real deal. Go Sioux!!!!!!!
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Defense of the national title is about to begin!
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Good luck to the Sioux this season. if it isn't Maine then North Dakota all the way
          Aside from the obvious similarities between these two programs, the Blais/Walsh relationship formed a bond between our fanbases which I hope will continue, even with the passage of time.

Comment

6-0 Sioux over Canusius after 2. 6 different goal scorers which is nice to see. Only 5 Canadiens on the team. Has to be the lowest amount ever.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Frustrating game... loads of work to do. The fact we only put up 6 on a atlantic hockey team is very worrisome.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Frustrating game... loads of work to do. The fact we only put up 6 on a atlantic hockey team is very worrisome.
                The BeaST (Brock, Shane, Tyson) line looked good; each player had a goal tonite and were all over the ice. But it's REALLY early so not going to get too excited yet.
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                  The BeaST (Brock, Shane, Tyson) line looked good; each player had a goal tonite and were all over the ice. But it's REALLY early so not going to get too excited yet.
                  So the CBS line has changed to the TBS line?

Comment

It is always good to start a title defense with a win.

Comment

I see this weekend's challenging series against a storied rival has generated much discussion

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        So the CBS line has changed to the TBS line?
                        meh...we did the network thing last year...how about something new?
                        License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                          meh...we did the network thing last year...how about something new?
                          Agreed... I always thought the CBS line thing was a bit corny. It certainly was no Pony Express.

Comment

Schmaltz and Cagguila make their big clubs.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211224597
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              Schmaltz and Cagguila make their big clubs.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211224597
                              And Schmaltz gets his first NHL goal. In case you weren't paying attention, the boys beat RPI to go to 3-0 on the year, the first time they have been 3-0 since '09-'10. Anyone remember when the team struggled to get to .500 at the break and then went on a tear to make the tourny? Seems like a long two years ago. Bemidji coming to town this weekend with a 4-0 record. Kind of looks like a split to me.
                              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                              X