Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Carousel

It's started on the men's side, anything happening on the women's side?

Re: Coaching Carousel

Looks like something is going on at Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
      And how do you know this exactly? Is your daughter there or do you have a magic mirror or something?

Comment

On The D3 end Colby, Nichols and Lebanon Valley all have postings for head coaches and Canton for an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          And how do you know this exactly? Is your daughter there or do you have a magic mirror or something?
          Dean Jackson is now listed on the website as Interim Head Coach. I was also watching a game they played against Syracuse and heard the announcer mention something about him "taking over full-time". I may have mis-heard what was said during that game. I know there was a lot of speculation when he was hired that they had just hired Brandwene's replacement.

No crystal ball, magic mirror, or tarot cards. And, my daughter is not playing there. Just my keen observation skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            On The D3 end Colby, Nichols and Lebanon Valley all have postings for head coaches and Canton for an assistant.
            Is the Canton Assistant to replace Wasylk, or is there another leaving?

Comment

I like how you click on the men's hockey coach's name and they show his name, Alma Mater, and coaching record at Penn State, but when you click on Josh's name the don't include his coaching record. It's like they're proud of and want to boast about the record Guy has posted in his time there, but not so much about the record Josh has posted so far. Lol. I also believe they've had the word Interim under Dean's name for quite awhile. I seem to recall someone on here brought it up at that time.

Comment

Is the Canton Assistant to replace Wasylk, or is there another leaving?
                They have Wasylk and another still listed on their page. I don't know the details just reporting the job openings posted on the American Hockey Coaches Association website.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  They have Wasylk and another still listed on their page. I don't know the details just reporting the job openings posted on the American Hockey Coaches Association website.
                  I know Wasylk is starting the program at Suffolk.

Comment

The school officially called Brandwene's exit two months ago a "family medical leave", but nobody bought that. The chatter has been that it was Penn State allowing Brandwene to exit gracefully in lieu of being fired outright. Haven't heard a single person care about the "why", as long as he doesn't come back. He was in way over his head at the D-1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                      The school officially called Brandwene's exit two months ago a "family medical leave", but nobody bought that. The chatter has been that it was Penn State allowing Brandwene to exit gracefully in lieu of being fired outright. Haven't heard a single person care about the "why", as long as he doesn't come back. He was in way over his head at the D-1 level.
                      Thanks for the update. Most of us here said the same thing when he was hired by his pal to do the job. It was a joke and an insult to our game.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Thanks for the update. Most of us here said the same thing when he was hired by his pal to do the job. It was a joke and an insult to our game.
                        There is no reason that school should not be a powerhouse in Women's hockey. It checked all the boxes except the coaching. Plenty of good players chose not to go there because of that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                          There is no reason that school should not be a powerhouse in Women's hockey. It checked all the boxes except the coaching. Plenty of good players chose not to go there because of that issue.
                          I have to agree with this. Penn State has the excellent academics, a great student-athlete support system, and a brand new arena with the best training facilities. What else do you need to attract top-tier players, except maybe a coach who doesn't play head games with the players and doesn't coach the talent out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                            I have to agree with this. Penn State has the excellent academics, a great student-athlete support system, and a brand new arena with the best training facilities. What else do you need to attract top-tier players, except maybe a coach who doesn't play head games with the players and doesn't coach the talent out of them.
                            The Penn State men's team has made a big improvement in the four seasons we have watched them play at Mariucci Arena. I'm sure a lot of that improvement has to do with their coaching and with their young team they will only get better. The Gopher men are in for a tough game tomorrow with Penn State. With a good coach I would think the women's team would greatly improve as well.
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Unfortunately for some of our daughters that play Division I hockey, head games from their coaches is the norm. While there are several programs that have excellent male coaches that understand coaching a girl/woman is much different than coaching a boy/man. And they adjust to accommodate the female dynamic in the locker room. However, There are other programs who's male head coaches have no clue how to handle a locker room full of intelligent women. These long tenured coaches have the administration hoodwinked with occasional accolades that hide their inability and inadequacy in the locker room. Head games and worse are prevalent with these individuals. Much to the detriment of not only the program, but more importantly the individual women within their program.

Comment

Working...
                              X