Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Time for the new thread since the team roster has been updated.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...ockey-mtt.html
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2016-2017 (aka Season 20)

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post

Schammel played only a freshman season at MSU, correct?
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      Schammel played only a freshman season at MSU, correct?
      Correct, has three years of eligibility remaining.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post

Geez, I count 25 players on the roster. UW has 19. Hoarders.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          Best of luck to you Nina!

We get to see her play Dec 9 and 10.

Nina is a hard skater and has a great shot! She may score a lot of goals for BU.
          If any of you do come to Boston for the games I would enjoy meeting you. The Men are also playing (vs. Vermont) that weekend. The Friday game is at the same time, but the Saturday games are almost back-to-back (3pm and 7pm), so you could attend both games if you wanted to.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            If any of you do come to Boston for the games I would enjoy meeting you. The Men are also playing (vs. Vermont) that weekend. The Friday game is at the same time, but the Saturday games are almost back-to-back (3pm and 7pm), so you could attend both games if you wanted to.

Sean
            I will be there for the women's games.

Comment

Looking at the roster … Haley hasn’t played D for two years so I wouldn’t expect her to play it this year. Cline hasn’t played F in the last two years so I wouldn’t expect to see her there. I believe Barlow only played once at D, all other times at center. The last time Wolfe played F, it was for the RIT quarter final. And although Skarzynski finished the year at wing, given the number of forwards I’d guess her to be back at D this year.
              So there are 15 F and 7 D based on last year.
              Given 3 defenders graduate after this year, I would think Marshall and Robinson need to get as much experience as possible otherwise next year the blueline is really gonna be hurtin’ unless there is some super phenom freshman coming in. It’s also another reason I’d think Skarzynski will be a blueliner, otherwise Baldwin would be the only upper classman next year. It will be fun to see the two freshman and interesting to see the pairings and how everyone is used.

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
              I thought about taking a shot at line configurations, but looked at 23 skaters and gave up. .... Glad I'm not the one to sort it out.
              And then there are the forwards …. I calculate there to be 4,554 possible line combinations (I better say for the 3 lines or Eeyore will be jumping all over me, and likely will anyway), 5,796 if you include Skarzynski.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                So there are 15 F and 7 D based on last year.
                I would put the Gophers' fifth line up against anyone else's.

Comment

Why isn't Nina Rodgers listed on the roster this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad55378 View Post
                    Why isn't Nina Rodgers listed on the roster this year?
                    She just announced a week or two ago she's transferring to Boston University.

She'll be playing with goaltender Erin O'Neil, her old teammate from Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                      Unfortunately Sean, the men are at Vermont that weekend (for both) since they came to Agganis this past season.
                      http://goterriers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

This is an impossible choice - hosting minny at WBA, or going to the Gutt (one of two HEA arenas I have yet to go to).

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                        Unfortunately Sean, the men are at Vermont that weekend (for both) since they came to Agganis this past season.
                        http://goterriers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
                        Thanks for correcting me. I really don't like the new style the BU website uses, but I will probably get used to it. So, no men's games that weekend, but I would still like to meet any Minnesota fans making the trip to Boston.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Summer Keeps Gophers Busy: Part I
                          http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...082616aaa.html
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I re-watched the Gopher’s February win in OT over Wisconsin yesterday to start to get ready for the season. I hope to watch the UW and BC frozen four games next month sometime so I’m ready to go.

Badgers obviously have some major talent, ie Clark and Nurse among others but Pankowski I think is really the one. It’s easier to win championships if you have the best player. I’ll have my eye on Cameranesi and Potomak in particular this season. I’d love to see one or both of them take on that Brandt role of best player in the WCHA.

Pankowski has my attention in another way. Gopher-Badger games as mentioned before have generally been clean games rather than chippy games. We’ll be facing Pankowski two of the next three years and I hope she isn’t a force toward changing the nature of the series toward the chippy. Brings to mind the discussion we had here a few months ago about who’s going to replace McMillen as enforcer. Started thinking yesterday while watching the game that Stecklein may need to take some responsibility. Not her style or personality, but with her size and how solid she is, and being a three year captain, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her bring a little bit of McMillen’s role into her game.

Another reminder yesterday was Leveiile, and how many great, timely saves she made in the big games. Even games when she let in a goal she’d like to have back she would make the big play over and again.

Long Live The Queen, let’s go Sid!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                              I re-watched the Gopher’s February win in OT over Wisconsin yesterday to start to get ready for the season. I hope to watch the UW and BC frozen four games next month sometime so I’m ready to go.

Badgers obviously have some major talent, ie Clark and Nurse among others but Pankowski I think is really the one. It’s easier to win championships if you have the best player. I’ll have my eye on Cameranesi and Potomak in particular this season. I’d love to see one or both of them take on that Brandt role of best player in the WCHA.

Pankowski has my attention in another way. Gopher-Badger games as mentioned before have generally been clean games rather than chippy games. We’ll be facing Pankowski two of the next three years and I hope she isn’t a force toward changing the nature of the series toward the chippy. Brings to mind the discussion we had here a few months ago about who’s going to replace McMillen as enforcer. Started thinking yesterday while watching the game that Stecklein may need to take some responsibility. Not her style or personality, but with her size and how solid she is, and being a three year captain, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her bring a little bit of McMillen’s role into her game.

Another reminder yesterday was Leveiile, and how many great, timely saves she made in the big games. Even games when she let in a goal she’d like to have back she would make the big play over and again.

Long Live The Queen, let’s go Sid!
                              And you didn't even mention ARD. Are you getting streams of those playoffs? If so where?
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                              X