2012 Women's Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Women's Worlds

Schaus trying to help Irwin off the ice...class act! US will pretty much have to implode for Canada to have any hope of winning this one...and even that's a stretch with Schaus in net. Great start for US. Stack is extremely impressive. 5-0 USA after one!
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM.

Re: 2012 Women's Worlds

5-0 5:32 into the game? what the?

Comment

Spooner roofs it like she always does...5-1 USA.

Comment

Flukey goal off J.Lam's visor...6-1 USA. Labonte starts the second period in goal after being chased in the first period after 3 goals!
        Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-07-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Poulin from Hefford...6-2 USA with a few minutes left in the 2nd period.

Comment

8-2 USA...12 minutes left in the 3rd period. I'm running out of beads on my abacus!

Comment

9-2 USA...8:45 left in 3rd...complete domination.

Comment

It's now 9-2. Why has Church kept LeBonte in for all 9? 5 goals in first 6 minutes, she should have been pulled long ago.
                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

i believe she was, and then was put back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                    It's now 9-2. Why has Church kept LeBonte in for all 9? 5 goals in first 6 minutes, she should have been pulled long ago.
                    He didn't keep her in...as I mentioned earlier she was yanked after the third goal in the first period which occurred in about as many minutes. Szabados got scored on twice, then Labonte started the second period and finished the game.

Team Canada walked into a clinic being put on for their benefit by Team USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                      He didn't keep her in...as I mentioned earlier she was yanked after the third goal in the first period which occurred in about as many minutes. Szabados got scored on twice, then Labonte started the second period and finished the game.

Team Canada walked into a clinic being put on for their benefit by Team USA.
                      My mistake. I was listening to Rod Black on TSN (I know, my mistake again). That's a world clas thumping that the US just administered to Canada. Time to regroup and gear up for the next match.
                      ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

I'd be interested in comments from anyone who was at the game about what the refs were doing when Irwin got injured. You'd think they must have noticed that Canada only had 4 skaters back in their end at the opposite end of the rink. Did any of the refs look back down the ice and see that Irwin was completely helpless, apart from assistance from Schaus? You couldn't tell from the camera angles. It was horrible to watch.

Comment

Ouchhhh! That was a serious spanking! The US put on a clinic offensively and showed great speed and tenacity. Canada seemed to be mesmerized at times and did a lot of watching. That was the worse loss ever for the Canadian women for sure. I would expect that should the two meet again, it will be a closer contest but the USA squad looks fantastic and the spectators seemed to enjoy it as well.

Comment

It was horrible to watch in person.
                            My view was the Team Canada End sideline section 16.
                            I saw Irwin go into the boards falling awkwardly, her leg folding under her.
                            She stayed crumpled, then crawled, finally getting help by Team USA goalie.
                            It took the officials a long time to catch on.
                            But Team USA had control of the puck & transitioned quickly back to attack
                            ....it was very hard to watch.
                            Finally play stopped. She was assisted on the ice then helped into the team dressing room right in front of us.
                            FWIW I have to say, I have never had better seats! I saw 10 of the 11 goals scored, perfect views. The roofer by Team Canada was pretty.
                            The one timers by Team USA impressive.
                            Team USA had their wheels on & Canada just let em walk right in at least in that first period.
                            The officials let em play for the most part, but it seemed Team Canada took some costly penalities.
                            I am glad I went! They announced around 3900 in attendance. It was a packed house in the Gut.

Comment

Just for the record, here are the other scores from today...

Despite trailing 2-0 after one period, Finland came back to defeat Russia 5-4 in the other Pool A game.

In Pool B, Germany topped Switzerland 3-2 and Sweden knocked off Slovakia 5-1.
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X