Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womens Worlds In Burlington 4/7 - 4/14 Who's Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens Worlds In Burlington 4/7 - 4/14 Who's Going?

Mrs 86 and I will be there for the Medal Games on Saturday 4/14. Cannot wait to get there and would love to meet some other USCHO'ers!

Re: Womens Worlds In Burlington 4/7 - 4/14 Who's Going?

DC and I will be there for the full week.

Comment

Aw, Hux, I am envious! Wish we had the coin to be there for the full week! Womens Hockey Heaven, no?!?

Comment

About 20 of Jesse Vetter's relatives and friends from wisco will be there . Come party with us! Go USA!

Comment

Originally posted by dead red View Post
          About 20 of Jesse Vetter's relatives and friends from wisco will be there . Come party with us! Go USA!
          I just might have to take you up on that. We're heading up on Friday 4/13 and will be staying at the La Quinta Inn in South Burlington ... about a mile and a half from Gutterson. Cannot wait to get up there!

Comment

Originally posted by dead red View Post
            Some of my happiest hockey-related days came when people such as Vetter, Lawler, Duggan, and Knight completed their college eligibility and I could now cheer for them instead of dreading them. Good luck to all former Badgers that have added blue to their hockey colors.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Some of my happiest hockey-related days came when people such as Vetter, Lawler, Duggan, and Knight completed their college eligibility and I could now cheer for them instead of dreading them. Good luck to all former Badgers that have added blue to their hockey colors.
              Haha, I selfishly wish a couple of my former Buckeyes were trading Gray for Blue, but instead they are wearing Maple Leafs on their sweaters. I still love all of them, and will be rooting for my former Buckeyes. I feel like I get to come out a winner regardless of what happens in the gold medal game. I am thinking there will be three Buckeyes involved ... Natalie Spooner and Tessa Bonhomme playing for Canada, and Lisa Chesson playing for the USA. Minttu Tuominen and Emma Laksonnen played for Finland in the Olympics a couple years ago, but I am not sure if they will be playing for Finland at Worlds or not. Emma just became a new Mom, and I haven't seen anything about Minttu playing for Finland on OSU's athletic website, so she may be sitting out Worlds. Annie Svedin has played for Sweden's National Team in some international competitions, but again, have not read anything about her playing for Sweden, so it may just be Bonhomme, Chesson, and Spooner. Should be fun. Mrs 86 and I have been looking forward to this for a while now, although, gotta admit, not looking forward to the 12-hour drive from central Ohio to Burlington, VT. Probably going to need to pack a couple 5-hour energy drinks, then get a couple more in Burlington for the trip back to Ohio (LOL)! I did check on plane travel, but there just are not too many flights going into Burlington, and it's so expensive. We are going to have a blast, though! Can't wait to get there! Dead Red, might have to look you and your friends up!

Comment

looking foward to this terrific women's tournament.went to an exhibition game at gutterson between usa and canada right before the olympics and it was some of the best hockey i've seen at gutterson.i don't think people realize how great this hockey is and it's right in our back yard.i would hope every women's high school,college and club team in the area would want to see these games.i'm sure all the players will enjoy what burlington has to offer.go usa.

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
                  looking foward to this terrific women's tournament.went to an exhibition game at gutterson between usa and canada right before the olympics and it was some of the best hockey i've seen at gutterson.i don't think people realize how great this hockey is and it's right in our back yard.i would hope every women's high school,college and club team in the area would want to see these games.i'm sure all the players will enjoy what burlington has to offer.go usa.
                  Can't wait to get to Gutterson. Looks like a great place to see a hockey game!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Can't wait to get to Gutterson. Looks like a great place to see a hockey game!
                    Gutterson is everything that's right with college hockey.

Vintage old barn.

I'll be there for a lot of the tournament as a volunteer working in media relations. I've got tickets to the US Canada game on opening night!
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Canada defeated US 1-0 in exhibition tonight. Fortino with the only goal.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'll be there Saturday night for game 1, USA vs. Canada.

I'll probably be at Buffalo Wild Wings by 4 PM, getting primed for the 7 PM tilt. Well, not too primed..... have to drive 3 1/2 hours home for Easter right after, ugh.
                        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

There might be an opportunity to catch at least a couple of the games online or on TV:

The following broadcasters will show games from the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship live:

Canada: TSN and RDS/RDS2 - 7 April USA vs. Canada, 8 April Canada vs. Finland, 10 April Canada vs. Russia, 13 April Canada's semi-final game, 14 April gold medal game.

Finland: MTV3 - 10 April Finland vs. USA, 11 April quarter-final game if Finland plays, 13 April both semi-final games, 14 both medal games.

Sweden: SVT - 11 April quarter-final game if Sweden plays, 13 April semi-final game if Sweden plays, 14 April medal games to be confirmed

USA: Universal Sports - 7 April USA vs. Canada, 14 April gold medal game. Both TV and live stream on UniversalSports.com. FASTHockey.com will stream the other Team USA games including: 8 April USA vs. Russia, 10 April Finland vs. USA.

Comment

Single game tickets are still available online. I just got a pair for Saturday's US Canada tilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Canada defeated US 1-0 in exhibition tonight. Fortino with the only goal.
                              Watched it on FASTHOCKEY.com last night. It was a freebie. A lot of the stuff on that website are things you have to pay for, but last night's game was a freebie. Good win for Canada when you consider all the people that they were missing. Should be a great tournament in Burlington in a couple weekends!

Comment

Working...
                              X