This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

I thought we would get the new thread started since the upcoming season schedule was released last week! This should be a very exciting season coming up for this Badger team! Fire away Badger fans with your thoughts on the schedule, possible line combinations, D-pairings, goaltending, coaching, etc!

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

UW is loaded. Send all the hardware to:

UW Women's Hockey
    105 E Campus Mall
    Madison WI 53715

Attn: Mark Johnson

Thanks and have a great day!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      UW is loaded. Send all the hardware to:

UW Women's Hockey
      105 E Campus Mall
      Madison WI 53715

Attn: Mark Johnson

Thanks and have a great day!
      All of my unwanted nuts and bolts are in the mail. Expect them in a few days.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        You may not have ever been to WI, he’s referring to loaded as in consumed too much alcohol, and clearly he has.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          No no no! Send unwanted nuts and bolts to my home! I'll messenge you my address. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            You may not have ever been to WI, he’s referring to loaded as in consumed too much alcohol, and clearly he has.
            I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, I'm loaded on life!

Comment

I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, I'm loaded on life!
              If true you are the exception rather than the rule. According to this recent survey Wisconsin finally wins at something, sweeping the top four spots. Congratulations!
              http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/to...usa.454770918/
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                If true you are the exception rather than the rule. According to this recent survey Wisconsin finally wins at something, sweeping the top four spots. Congratulations!
                http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/to...usa.454770918/
                That is funny, but of course a little sad. A little shocked Grand Forks isn't on the list.

If anyone wants to send me hardware, PM me.

Comment

A little shocked Grand Forks isn't on the list.
                  North Dakota does have the highest ratio of bars to people, with WI #3. But that may be due to the recent oil rush. My observation is if the list were of people during a hockey game, Fighting Suzie fans would be #1. At the men’s game anyway.

What’s the over under on the guy in the cowboy hat that came out on the ice with the ND flag before the game during the WCHA tournament having a few snorts? I kind of hope so, I can’t believe anybody that bad at skating would go out on the ice in front of everyone unless he’s had a few.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    ...I can’t believe anybody that bad at skating would go out on the ice in front of everyone unless he’s had a few.
                    How about when everyone on your TEAM feels no shame?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ice-crea...399297?tesla=y
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The team tis season sure WILL be loaded! Here is what I think the lines might look like:

Cogan-Clark-Pankowski
                      Norby-McKibbon-Nurse
                      Wellhausen-Roque-Shaver
                      Johnson ----- Mauermann

Rolfes-Steffen
                      Channel-Ryan
                      Gardner-Williams
                      Rowe

DesBien
                      Cece

You could also swap Wellhausen and Norby or Cogan and Norby..Any thoughts?
                      Last edited by pensrule; 06-13-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

The scary thing about next year's Badger team is not how talented the forwards are (they are very talented), but with how well they play team defense and their lights-out goaltending, there will be lots of lopsided scores next year.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                          The team tis season sure WILL be loaded! Here is what I think the lines might look like:

Cogan-Clark-Pankowski
                          Norby-McKibbon-Nurse
                          Wellhausen-Roque-Shaver
                          Johnson ----- Mauermann

Rolfes-Steffen
                          Channel-Ryan
                          Gardner-Williams
                          Rowe

DesBien
                          Cece

You could also swap Wellhausen and Norby or Cogan and Norby..Any thoughts?
                          It would be good to upgrade the speed next to Nurse somehow. If Roque has better wheels than McKibbon, they could be flipped.
                          Hopefully Rolfes plays this year, no one knows why she missed the last 3/4 of the year last year and if she'll be back next year.
                          If Rolfes does play, I wonder if one of the 7 D can fill in the 4th line, playing the Drake role from last year.

Comment

It would be good to upgrade the speed next to Nurse somehow. If Roque has better wheels than McKibbon, they could be flipped.
                            Hopefully Rolfes plays this year, no one knows why she missed the last 3/4 of the year last year and if she'll be back next year.
                            If Rolfes does play, I wonder if one of the 7 D can fill in the 4th line, playing the Drake role from last year.
                            Well last season it was actually the opposite.. Drake was a forward that played defense because of the absence of Rolfes. So the question really is, can the seventh defensemen play 4th line center. I also have pretty good info that Rolfes is indeed healthy and will be a go for this season. In terms of the forwards, I'm not sure moving McKibbon away from the second line would help Nurse at all. The two of them seem to have a lot of chemistry.. If you want to add speed to that line then I think the better move would be to put Wellhausen or Shaver on that line. But, those two seemed to really play well together over the last 4-6 weeks or so of the season! That 3rd line turned out to be a pretty good one. The coaching staff has lots of options as this group of forwards is very talented and deep!
                            Last edited by pensrule; 06-17-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Really the only "impactful" loss from last seasons roster is Courtney Burke. If in fact Rolfes is healthy then I think you could say that it is like a 2 for 1 trade off in adding Steffen to the mix on the blue line. Rolfes was playing at a point per game level before being hurt. And Steffen comes in highly touted. I think Norby and Roque in particular will fill the vacated forward spots left by Sowchuck and Jones graduating. Whether they fill those specific spots directly or play somewhere in the top 9 forwards remains to be seen. Mauermann may need a year on the fourth line to get used to the college game but, she will be an upgrade to what the 4th line was last season. I agree with previous posters about Shaver and Wellhausen. They seemed to play really well down the stretch last year as both players contributed consistently over the last 10-12 games. The third line will be very important vs. Minnesota this season. The Badgers power play will be lethal with the talent and speed up front and the skill set of the top 4 defensemen. But, I think defensively opponents will struggle even more this year to score on this team. The Badgers are a fast team that possesses the puck for huge chunks of time. And with DesBien in net it will be a tall order for other teams to get anything going offensively. As I said before- this should be a very entertaining year!
                              Last edited by rangersrule; 06-22-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X