Minnesota 3, Lindenwood 0

And most impressive was the lone tie:
    Minnesota-Duluth 3, Boston College 3

Great start for the league today.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: WCHA 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Great start for the league today.
    Especially with supposed can't-miss national champion Wisconsin taking the night off.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Another great day for the league's teams, going 5-1-1 against non-conference opponents:

North Dakota 1, Mercyhurst 1 (OT Tie)
      Minnesota State 2, RIT 1
      Ohio State 2, Rensselaer 0
      St. Cloud State 1, Merrimack 4
      Bemidji State 3, Syracuse 0
      Minnesota 6, Lindenwood 2
      --- AND ---
      Minnesota-Duluth 5, Boston College 2

11-1-2 on the weekend for the WCHA...

Comment

. . .
        Minnesota-Duluth 5, Boston College 2
        That would be "third in the nation" Boston College. And they wonder why BC ducks Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          That would be "third in the nation" Boston College. And they wonder why BC ducks Minnesota
          "They" seem a bit more quiet now but "they" might reverse your ducking order.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            "They" seem a bit more quiet now but "they" might reverse your ducking order.
            I don't know who the - or even if there are any - duckers are. Nobody knows if any team is making any effort to not play anyone particular. That is what annoys me. Its like the "stashing" charge, an excuse for why the other guys are winning and your guys are not. That comment was intentional, left for the 'duckers'. If they can come up with a plausible excuse for why any WCHA team would shun any non-WCHA team I'd be happy to hear it. It would be poetic justice if UMD makes the NCAA instead of one of the weaker Eastern ones.

Comment

First weekly awards given out by the league. No surprise who won the Offensive Player of the Week! Congrats to Miss Brykaliuk.

http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1617/201610/oct4wpw.php

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                I don't know who the - or even if there are any - duckers are. Nobody knows if any team is making any effort to not play anyone particular. That is what annoys me. Its like the "stashing" charge, an excuse for why the other guys are winning and your guys are not. That comment was intentional, left for the 'duckers'. If they can come up with a plausible excuse for why any WCHA team would shun any non-WCHA team I'd be happy to hear it. It would be poetic justice if UMD makes the NCAA instead of one of the weaker Eastern ones.
                Clarkson fears no one!! We may not win them, but we'll play 'em!!

See you in 2 weeks. Good seats (heck almost all of them) are still available.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

First weekly awards given out by the league. No surprise who won the Offensive Player of the Week! Congrats to Miss Brykaliuk.

And congratulations to the other two players as well!

Comment

A friend of mine has been singing Houston's praises to me for at least a couple of years. She attends his scrimmages so he's seen her skate/play against all types of opposition...both genders. Not sure if he was involved in this one but he has been instrumental in getting scholarships/placements for several of his attendees.

Many coaches could learn from him with respect to what else there is that they could do for their deserving players in order to promote them into the next level of their hockey careers. Go the extra mile.

Comment

A heck of a day for WCHA hockey!

UMD continues it's impressive start to the season.
                      SCSU beats UND.
                      The refs give a gift to UW (or so I hear) or Ohio State would have defeated the Badgers.
                      Bemidji beats Minnesota.

UMD is going to be fired up coming to Minneapolis next weekend

I got Gophers by 3 next Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        I got Gophers by 3 next Friday!
                        Hope you didn't put too much on the line as I think you could have gotten better odds.
                        I'll go with the Gophers, but am only giving one! Whatever the outcome, it should be a great series.

Comment

P.S. Is it too early to proclaim that the league standings will be much tighter this season?

Comment

WCHA ANNOUNCES FOX SPORTS NORTH TV DEAL

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...101316aac.html

All teams except UND and Ohio State get on. And they are airing the championship game! That's a bit of a step up

The full 2016-17 WCHA schedule on FOX Sports North follows:

Sunday, Dec. 4: Minnesota at Wisconsin (2 p.m.)^
                            Friday, Jan. 13: Minnesota at Minnesota Duluth (3 p.m.)
                            Saturday, Jan. 14: St. Cloud State at Wisconsin (4 p.m.)^
                            Friday, Jan. 20: Minnesota State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)
                            Saturday, Jan. 21: Minnesota State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)+
                            Friday, Feb. 10: Bemidji State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)
                            Saturday, Feb. 11: Bemidji State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)+
                            Saturday, Feb. 18: St. Cloud State at Minnesota Duluth (4 p.m.)+
                            Sunday, March 5: WCHA Final Face-Off Championship (TBD)

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                              WCHA ANNOUNCES FOX SPORTS NORTH TV DEAL

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...101316aac.html

All teams except UND and Ohio State get on. And they are airing the championship game! That's a bit of a step up

The full 2016-17 WCHA schedule on FOX Sports North follows:

Sunday, Dec. 4: Minnesota at Wisconsin (2 p.m.)^
                              Friday, Jan. 13: Minnesota at Minnesota Duluth (3 p.m.)
                              Saturday, Jan. 14: St. Cloud State at Wisconsin (4 p.m.)^
                              Friday, Jan. 20: Minnesota State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)
                              Saturday, Jan. 21: Minnesota State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)+
                              Friday, Feb. 10: Bemidji State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)
                              Saturday, Feb. 11: Bemidji State at St. Cloud State (3 p.m.)+
                              Saturday, Feb. 18: St. Cloud State at Minnesota Duluth (4 p.m.)+
                              Sunday, March 5: WCHA Final Face-Off Championship (TBD)
                              Very cool, but curious as to why they would have St. Cloud State on for 6 of the 8 regular season games?

Comment

Working...
                              X