• 2017 Women's World Championships

USA Team threatens boycott.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C69umirUwAQWWjz.jpg

Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Just wondering because I havent seen numbers anywhere

1) What are they getting now?

2) What do they want instead?

3) How do both compare to Canada?

I understand theyre making an emotional appeal and the PR prople think numbers put the audience to sleep but Id personally be more inclined to support them if I knew more facts.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
      And the gold medal goes to.....Canada.

I'm going to assume the USA Hockey men's program gets significantly better treatment and support?

Agree with BoSox, I'd like to see the numbers.

Comment

TSN (figures) has some numbers. It stinks

http://www.tsn.ca/us-women-s-hockey-...ycott-1.697033
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Irregardless of the numbers, why would the women NOT get treated the same financially as the men? Maybe they should get more than the men since the men all make NHL money and the Olympic money to them is chump change.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Irregardless of the numbers, why would the women NOT get treated the same financially as the men? Maybe they should get more than the men since the men all make NHL money and the Olympic money to them is chump change.
            Tim

Outside of a select few, how many in the sports world care? If you asked Jack in Detroit to name 4 members of the last women's Olympic team, I'd bet he'd be hard pressed. 4 from the men's team? Probably.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Tim

Outside of a select few, how many in the sports world care? If you asked Jack in Detroit to name 4 members of the last women's Olympic team, I'd bet he'd be hard pressed. 4 from the men's team? Probably.
              USA Hockey promotes the men's U18 team right here in Detroit with a full time team and league play. USA Hockey spent millions on an arena here to support primarily the men's program. Promote and support the women's program like that and many more in the area and beyond would know the names of these equally hard working women. It's time USA Hockey started treating the women equally to the men...especially since the women actually win!

Comment

If they only identified as males

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                  USA Hockey promotes the men's U18 team right here in Detroit with a full time team and league play. USA Hockey spent millions on an arena here to support primarily the men's program. Promote and support the women's program like that and many more in the area and beyond would know the names of these equally hard working women. It's time USA Hockey started treating the women equally to the men...especially since the women actually win!
                  USA Hockey owns and operates an arena in the Detroit area. That same arena houses the Compuware Youth Hockey Organization as well as the US Men's NTDP U17 and U18 teams. Due to a MAHA ruling, there will no longer be a Girls program within Compuware. That means there are no girls teams playing out of the arena owned and operated by USA Hockey. How is that right?!?!?!

Comment

It's time USA Hockey started treating the women equally to the men...especially since the women actually win!
                    But on the biggest stage the men are up 2-1 in Olympic Gold. Of course, that 1920 start date for the men and 1998 for the women might explain that.
                    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

What qualifies as a fair wage? An AHL comparable salary? And hows it compare to Canada? If I knew the Canadian girls facing the same issues on fan interest/low level low income pro leagues were getting significantly more support from hockey canada then as a USA fan Id be ****ed.

If its roughly even, much less so.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                        USA Hockey owns and operates an arena in the Detroit area. That same arena houses the Compuware Youth Hockey Organization as well as the US Men's NTDP U17 and U18 teams. Due to a MAHA ruling, there will no longer be a Girls program within Compuware. That means there are no girls teams playing out of the arena owned and operated by USA Hockey. How is that right?!?!?!
                        Detroit? Isn't that in Michigan, home to so many D1 women's hockey teams?

Comment

USA Hockey's response to Women's boycott
                          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6-0Aw8V4AASw7c.jpg

Comment

If I am reading that right the women get up to $85,000 if they win. How does that effect a women's NCAA eligibility?

And if the women chose not to play does USA Hockey go to the lower level girls to ask them to play? A tough decision for those girls. The the chance to play with the USA jersey on but be hated by the Olymipans forever.
                            Pass the puck

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                              If I am reading that right the women get up to $85,000 if they win. How does that effect a women's NCAA eligibility?
                              Good question.

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                              And if the women chose not to play does USA Hockey go to the lower level girls to ask them to play? A tough decision for those girls. The chance to play with the USA jersey on but be hated by the Olymipans forever.
                              That's what I was thinking...it's what their response seemed to imply (if not caving in to some of the players' "demands") which made it sound like scabbing might be required in order to field a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X