X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Season thread time? Season thread time.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Not saying there wouldn't be any concern with our future if they were ice in the Alaska Airlines Center, but it wouldn't have hurt. Side note, worked with a Blueliner this summer who refused to give any business to the Alaska Airlines Center in spite of no ice (he did agree it's a fantastic facility though).

On a happier note, go check out the WFSC for some cool murals of the good old days: https://***********/SeawolfCoach/sta...65630820212737
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Here's hoping that it's not your last season!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

It is definitely a concerning time for all this. It's madness we're facing this possibility.

Welp, only one thing to do now: Just *ing win.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Man, that Strategic Pathways report is terrifying. Hackett's press conference yesterday didn't do anything to quell that terror, either.

It seems like there's no bluffing, here. The nuclear option is under full consideration.

I grew up as a big fan of UAA hockey. It was a really important part of my childhood. Frankly, if not for UAA hockey, I wouldn't be a college hockey fan today. The elimination of the program would be heartbreaking for me, and I'm guessing the feeling would be the same for just about everybody else in this thread.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something good happens between now and whenever the final decision is made. Frankly, I'm shocked Walker hasn't been thrown in a boat and pushed out to sea yet.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

They have $54,300,000,000 in funding available and they're demanding that 50 million be cut from state university's? Because um ... they'll only have $54,250,000,000 left over if they funded it properly? This is more sleazy political manipulation that University presidents are too effing afraid to stand up to. Usually when someone is about to be raped they struggle against it ... in this case UAA and UAF are straight up bending over to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
              Man, that Strategic Pathways report is terrifying. Hackett's press conference yesterday didn't do anything to quell that terror, either.

It seems like there's no bluffing, here. The nuclear option is under full consideration.

I grew up as a big fan of UAA hockey. It was a really important part of my childhood. Frankly, if not for UAA hockey, I wouldn't be a college hockey fan today. The elimination of the program would be heartbreaking for me, and I'm guessing the feeling would be the same for just about everybody else in this thread.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something good happens between now and whenever the final decision is made. Frankly, I'm shocked Walker hasn't been thrown in a boat and pushed out to sea yet.
              Yeah, to me it feels like Hackett is not standing up for the program, but keeps saying "these are trying times" and "we are in some challenges." I have been told not to question Hackett because he is passionate about UAA Athletics. To me, perception is reality. I think Hackett needs to tell them, DO NOT DO THIS and fight for his department! I have grown very tired of Alaska politics. Somebody needs to stand up for Athletics. Or, we are going to lose this whole thing. As a UAA Alumni, I am very disappointed with this situation as I know all of you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Welp, only one thing to do now: Just *ing win.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I asked in a UAF thread so I'll ask here:

Why close UAA athletics and not UAF athletics?
                  Anchorage is easier, cheaper travel and has a larger population base to support teams.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Here is some news based on KTVA 11.

http://www.ktva.com/university-weigh...deep-cuts-349/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      Yeah, to me it feels like Hackett is not standing up for the program, but keeps saying "these are trying times" and "we are in some challenges." I have been told not to question Hackett because he is passionate about UAA Athletics. To me, perception is reality. I think Hackett needs to tell them, DO NOT DO THIS and fight for his department! I have grown very tired of Alaska politics. Somebody needs to stand up for Athletics. Or, we are going to lose this whole thing. As a UAA Alumni, I am very disappointed with this situation as I know all of you are.
                      It's very possible that he is behind the scenes but is being told to put up with it publicly or be fired. A lot of UAH people were upset with how EJ Brophy handled things with our near-extinction, but frankly he'd just gotten herald was under extreme duress about it.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        It's very possible that he is behind the scenes but is being told to put up with it publicly or be fired. A lot of UAH people were upset with how EJ Brophy handled things with our near-extinction, but frankly he'd just gotten herald was under extreme duress about it.

GFM
                        Yeah, it is very frustrating...just Alaska politics like UAAFANBLOGs says..

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          I asked in a UAF thread so I'll ask here:

Why close UAA athletics and not UAF athletics?
                          Anchorage is easier, cheaper travel and has a larger population base to support teams.
                          The Chiefs live in the village, and because Tammy Wilson said so.......
                          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 08-19-2016, 04:32 PM.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            The Athletic Director position at UAA is not on the "Director" level. Hackett reports to a "Director". The Director of Administration Bill Spindle. UAA's administration's mantra is "Go Along, To Get Along". They aren't about to take any sort of public stand that would go against the effing "fiscal conservatives" down in Juneau. They never have and never will. If the public wants hockey they better make some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              The Athletic Director position at UAA is not on the "Director" level. Hackett reports to a "Director". The Director of Administration Bill Spindle. UAA's administration's mantra is "Go Along, To Get Along". They aren't about to take any sort of public stand that would go against the effing "fiscal conservatives" down in Juneau. They never have and never will. If the public wants hockey they better make some noise.
                              UAA is just so ****ing backwards it makes you head spin, worst case: Aces renovate the Alaska Airlines Center and have it to themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X