Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if a coach completed 30 years and nobody noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if a coach completed 30 years and nobody noticed?

I don't blame USCHO, the fault lies entirely with Salem State University and the MASCAC....

This season Bill O'Neill completed his 30th season behind the bench of the Vikings. Coach O'Neill, a member of the 1978 Boston University National Champions, is currently the longest serving Division III coach.

It was a nice 4.5 years coach. Good luck and THANKS!!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: What if a coach completed 30 years and nobody noticed?

umm what?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I don't blame USCHO, the fault lies entirely with Salem State University and the MASCAC....

This season Bill O'Neill completed his 30th season behind the bench of the Vikings. Coach O'Neill, a member of the 1978 Boston University National Champions, is currently the longest serving Division III coach.

He does at least get this from USCHO. Where he is ranked 19th on the Top 100 All-Time Winningest Coaches list.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        umm what?
        I think Joe is saying Salem and the MASCAC missed out on a potential really cool story with O'Neill completing his 30th season. That's an impressive amount of time just to coaching, even more that it all came at the same school.

That's quite an accomplishment and certainly newsworthy to get some sort of traction for a story.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Always seemed like a class act. I still miss SSC in the ECAC East.

He certainly deserves some recognition.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Always seemed like a class act. I still miss SSC in the ECAC East.

He certainly deserves some recognition.

Agreed...

Comment

Hey you two, thanks for being charitable. When was the last time you lost to SSU?? Of COURSE your miss them!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Hey you two, thanks for being charitable. When was the last time you lost to SSU?? Of COURSE your miss them!
                40 seconds away this past season!!!!

Comment

I'd say it's time the SID left to "pursue other opportunities..."

Although you would think the editorial braintrust of this place would have an annual automatic feature material file combing it's own archives and records for storylines such as this....

I guess that is what the offseason is for - I mean after the almighty D1 season?
                  Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 04-02-2011, 05:05 AM.
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    I'd say it's time the SID left to "pursue other opportunities..."

Although you would think the editorial braintrust of this place would have an annual automatic feature material file combing it's own archives and records for storylines such as this....

I guess that is what the offseason is for - I mean after the almighty D1 season?
                    That's the trouble.... SSU does not have an SID. He was let go 3 yrs ago in budget cuts and was never replaced. Which is why the blame lies on the school and the conference.

I did drop a dime on the USCHO MASCAC correspondent. But the lack of an SID @ SSU killed the story, I think.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X