Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul air @ Smithfield - Curry players hospitalized

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas..._hospitalized/

One would think after the Today Show report, the rink........
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Foul air @ Smithfield - Curry players hospitalized

That sucks, I hope for a quick recovery for them.
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I know it's quite an expensive undertaking, but something really needs to be done to get all of those old machines out of our rinks.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
        That sucks, I hope for a quick recovery for them.
        Just curious. What about the J & W Players? They must have been affected too.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Just curious. What about the J & W Players? They must have been affected too.
          Since I've heard absolutely nothing about the J&W players, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the Curry Locker room must have been somewhere near where the zamboni is parked in the arena, or something like that.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            Since I've heard absolutely nothing about the J&W players, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the Curry Locker room must have been somewhere near where the zamboni is parked in the arena, or something like that.
            Based on what I've heard (and it was on one of the news reports, so it's not a secret), that is indeed the case. The JWU players were not affected as their locker room isn't next to the Zamboni room, like where Curry's was the other night. I've been there once and can't remember the layout, though.

Obviously our game against them today is affected but that's the furthest thing from anyone's mind. We hope everyone will be ok. Sounds like they will be, but they are taking a lot of precautions.
            Bill Gorman
            Associate Director of Athletics/
            Sports Information Director
            Wentworth Institute of Technology

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

That's what I was thinking, too. I would think that many places need to look at ventilation, etc. At least do a "tail"pipe check of the gases they are emitting.

Apparently the game between Curry and Wentworth has been postponed.
              Last edited by NUProf; 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
                I know it's quite an expensive undertaking, but something really needs to be done to get all of those old machines out of our rinks.
                I agree, I think that this same thing happened at a prep school here in the northeast earlier this season.
                from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                  I agree, I think that this same thing happened at a prep school here in the northeast earlier this season.
                  Yes. Proctor in NH. Same sort of story. many players hospitalized overnight.

Comment

Curry players only affected. They indeed dressed next to the Zamboni room. J&W dresses at the opther end of the rink and downstairs. Report also that Salve regina also had players that got sick when they played J&W one week ago. They also dressed in the same room as Curry. WIT game was postponed for today and a make-up date has yet to be determined. The game only affects WIT and J&W if J&W loses today. Game does not effect Curry as they have clinched the #1 spot. Here is to a very speedy recovery for the Curry Hockey Players!!

Comment

All but four Curry players released late yesterday. Remaining four to be released today barring any setbacks. Another report going around is that WNEC also had players that got sick, coughing up blood and dizzy after their game on sat. Feb 12th??? That would be three teams (Salve, WNEC, and Curry) that had players get affected at this rink. Curry/WIT game date and time still up in the air as all the Curry players need to be cleared medically before they can take the ice. Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                      X