Middlebury Panthers Hockey 2010- 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlebury Panthers Hockey 2010- 2011

To commemorate the Panther's first four point weekend of the season, I thought that I'd start a thread in a positive vein. I doubt that it will go anywhere, because you can easily count the Middlebury posters on one hand
    It's true that the Panthers had the worst start in recent history, but there has been steady improvement since then. Many may have overlooked the fact that Midd had a six game unbeaten streak before the OT loss to Wesleyan.Rebounding with two wins is a very good sign.
    This is a very young team, and it appears to me that they are beginning to come together , and just in time too! The next couple of weeks will "tell the tale", with Colby, Bowdoin, Plattsburgh, Norwich and St Mike's on deck. This weekend's results prove that ANYTHING can happen in the interlock, and I'm guessing that it probably will
    from behind the iron curtain...

Re: Middlebury Panthers Hockey 2010- 2011

I agree - insert gratuitous grumble about death of the interlock... as you were
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Jimmy, I would post here, but one of the Norwich guys thinks either WilleC or I are posting as Hawk. So as you can tell, I am too busy over on the Norwich thread posting there.
      Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
        Jimmy, I would post here, but one of the Norwich guys thinks either WilleC or I are posting as Hawk. So as you can tell, I am too busy over on the Norwich thread posting there.
        I wish either one of you was posting as hawk!
        Sadly, he posts as himself.

Before this season, who would have ever thought Wesleyan would beat bith Midd and Norwich in less than a week????
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Wesleyan is for real this season, they also beat Hamilton and lost by just one to Castleton and Williams. I expect that they will make the playoffs this year, and they could very well upset their opponent in the quarterfinal game! They may be as underrated as the Panthers are!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
            Wesleyan is for real this season, they also beat Hamilton and lost by just one to Castleton and Williams. I expect that they will make the playoffs this year, and they could very well upset their opponent in the quarterfinal game! They may be as underrated as the Panthers are!
            I thought they mite be a team to keep an eye on after I saw their recruiting list. They play teams very tight and really make you work to score goals. They are definitely a team I wouldn't want to play going forward. They have played everyone tight this year.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I see this as a "make it, or break it" weekend for the Panthers. It's no small feat to come back from Waterville and Brunswick with four points. In fact, I remember years when the Panthers seemed unstoppable only to return from Maine pointless! Hopefully the Mules and the Polar Bears have bought into the rankings, and are expecting Midd to be a pushover.
              I'm confident that Midd CAN come back with three or four points, but will they? The contestants in the Interlock Pick-Ems seem to think so. With 18 of the 22 votes in they have Midd up on Colby 15/3, and Midd over Bowdoin 11/7. Plattsburgh on Tuesday, however is a different story with Platty getting the nod 13/5. I'm hitting the road in a few hours, can't wait for the puck to drop!

Comment

Does anyone know why Clayton and Knelman are not on the Middlebury roster? Knelman has played in some games, but currently isn't listed on the roster, and Clayton has yet to appear in any games.
                Last edited by NYRangersFan; 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

OK, so Midd moves up to fourth place in the NESCAC! What a difference a day makes with Williams, Amherst, Colby, Trinity, Wesleyan,Conn College,and Tufts all taking a loss.
                  Good win for the Panthers tonight, in spite of the fact that they played a poor second period. Fortunately John Yanchek made some spectacular saves, to give them the chance to win.
                  Seems like you never know who you're going to see on the ice, game to game, this year. Or I guess you could say who you are not going to see on the ice. Saw a new freshman player tonight,#42 Ben Wiggins, I'd have to give him an "A" for effort!
                  The Panthers had to work hard tonight against a good Colby team. The game could have gone either way, up until the last minutes. It sounds like the Bowdoin/Williams game was pretty physically demanding as well. Most likely endurance will come into play tomorrow. Really looking forward to revisiting the Sid Watson arena, what a grand place it is!

Comment

Another great win for the Panthers! Bowdoin came out of the gate flying, and it looked at first like it might be a long afternoon for MIDD. Some very good defense and some excellent goaltending were needed to keep the Bears off the scoreboard. Fortunately Midd scored first, and quickly answered after the Bowdoin goals to keep the Bears playing catch-up for the balance of the tilt. Despite the fact that Middlebury had to weather many a power play, and struggled with their own, they still managed to carry the play for most of the second and third frames. These Panthers are really beginning to come together now; I wonder if Plattsburgh and Norwich are paying attention?

Comment

Another great win for the Panthers! Bowdoin came out of the gate flying, and it looked at first like it might be a long afternoon for MIDD. Some very good defense and some excellent goaltending were needed to keep the Bears off the scoreboard. Fortunately Midd scored first, and quickly answered after the Bowdoin goals to keep the Bears playing catch-up for the balance of the tilt. Despite the fact that Middlebury had to weather many a power play, and struggled with their own, they still managed to carry the play for most of the second and third frames. These Panthers are really beginning to come together now; I wonder if Plattsburgh and Norwich are paying attention?
                      We always pay attention to the Panthers
                      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                        We always pay attention to the Panthers
                        I picked them to win the nescac.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

We'll be watching carefully on Friday...are you ready
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            We'll be watching carefully on Friday...are you ready
                            Midd might wanna be ready for Plattsburgh Tuesday night before they get ready for friday...
                            Jim Reisdorf
                            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I picked them to win the nescac.
                              WOW! That makes three of us, myself and two guys named Derek!??

Comment

Working...
                              X