Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruits 2011/2012 - Who's going Where ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruits 2011/2012 - Who's going Where ?

It's early in the season, but who is going where ? Thanks

Re: Recruits 2011/2012 - Who's going Where ?

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    It's early in the season, but who is going where ? Thanks
    We're still learning about THIS year's recruits.

You won't see much about next year's recruits until March or so at the earliest. Enjoy the season Sonny and lets worry about recruits when there is no more college hockey to watch on March 27th, 2011.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

ok how about mid-season pick-ups..........oz seems to get a few here and there, and there is the need for another goalie

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        ok how about mid-season pick-ups..........oz seems to get a few here and there, and there is the need for another goalie
        With Beckwith doing well, would a goalie really want to come onboard knowing he may not see any time in net? One would come to Oz if he was more then likely be in a situation like KGT had at Buff State where he was removed from the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
          With Beckwith doing well, would a goalie really want to come onboard knowing he may not see any time in net? One would come to Oz if he was more then likely be in a situation like KGT had at Buff State where he was removed from the roster.
          I hear that but he has had some injuries, and most team have 3 netminders on the roster/bench....hopefully we will not need another, and we seem to get a skater here or there as well mid-season

Comment

I hear that but he has had some injuries, and most team have 3 netminders on the roster/bench....hopefully we will not need another, and we seem to get a skater here or there as well mid-season
            Also, mid-year is a good time to pick up a goaltender from a lower end D-I program because by mid-December those guys will begin to understand what their prospects in terms of playing time are.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
              Also, mid-year is a good time to pick up a goaltender from a lower end D-I program because by mid-December those guys will begin to understand what their prospects in terms of playing time are.
              I undertand that but do you really think a goalie would come from a D1 school just to sit. I think he would make the move if promised playing time, much like Potter did.

Comment

I undertand that but do you really think a goalie would come from a D1 school just to sit. I think he would make the move if promised playing time, much like Potter did.
                Beckwith's a junior who's had trouble staying healthy, Dan Jones doesn't seem like he's earned any of Gosek's trust between the pipes (unless he plays against Cortland). I'm sure there's a couple of D-I freshmen or sophmores that have seen a freshman or sophmore goalie solidfy their place as the number one goalie and may be looking for playing opportunities at any level.

Comment

Beckwith's a junior who's had trouble staying healthy, Dan Jones doesn't seem like he's earned any of Gosek's trust between the pipes (unless he plays against Cortland). I'm sure there's a couple of D-I freshmen or sophmores that have seen a freshman or sophmore goalie solidfy their place as the number one goalie and may be looking for playing opportunities at any level.
                  Let's see, Beckwith's freshman year he had a groin injury which turned out to be a sports hernia yet he still dressed for games and when Potter had problems he filled in. His sophmore year he got the flu on 1 weekend and it was the coaches decision to not return to his season starter. Except for his freshman year I don't really see a pattern of health issues preventing him from playing.

Comment

Let's see, Beckwith's freshman year he had a groin injury which turned out to be a sports hernia yet he still dressed for games and when Potter had problems he filled in. His sophmore year he got the flu on 1 weekend and it was the coaches decision to not return to his season starter. Except for his freshman year I don't really see a pattern of health issues preventing him from playing.
                    You said it right there, that's half of his collegiate career. And he did have H1N1, so was out for more than one weekend.

Comment

You said it right there, that's half of his collegiate career. And he did have H1N1, so was out for more than one weekend.
                      I'm assuming you checked into the 3 years of junior hockey and his 4 years of high school hockey to also back up your point that he has health issues. Christ, give the kid a break, he's playing great and all you can do is come up with health issues.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        We're still learning about THIS year's recruits.

You won't see much about next year's recruits until March or so at the earliest. Enjoy the season Sonny and lets worry about recruits when there is no more college hockey to watch on March 27th, 2011.
                        Well my tri colored friend, there still is college hockey after 3/27/11, just it won't be D-III hockey. However, as we all know, D-III is pure hockey, while D-I is hired guns.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'm assuming you checked into the 3 years of junior hockey and his 4 years of high school hockey to also back up your point that he has health issues. Christ, give the kid a break, he's playing great and all you can do is come up with health issues.
                          I never said he wasn't playing great, all I'm saying is that it's not unreasonable to think there could be a mid-season transfer. I'm just wary of having to suit up another defenseman as a backup (paging Tyler Laws) if god forbid there's an injury to a goaltender.

Comment

LOL...I think I started this thing, I was just saying they only have 2 goalies, and most teams have 3.........and they seem to pick up guys, goalies forwards d-men etc mid season sometimes..........THE END....

Comment

LOL....
                              Land Of Lakes Maybe something cheesy is going on
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X