X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ncha 2010-2011

Originally posted by Collegeman View Post
    Happy New Year all
    I was gone for work for along time and come back to alot of changes but seeing the Falcons goalie reminds me....What happened to this team? They now are at the bottom of the standings and can`t seem to score any goals or come from behind like last year. I think they only lost the capt/top scorer and have a young team still that challenged for the cup last season
    The tough part is i have watched every UWRF game and they been outplaying there opponents but not getting the Wins to show for it. Seen there coach freemen in a interview this week saying the same thing. There making plays but the pucks not dropping. Last night they had st scho on the ropes but a couple mistakes buy there D and goaltender late in the game and next thing you know thery lose by a goal. There a talented hockey team that reminds me of point just cant get it to go there way right now at all. losing is one thing but losing when you outplay your opponent is another.

Josh calleja nice highlight real move with his 4th shorthanded goal of the year to tie it last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O43uAFDRq0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCRuZfAKog
    Last edited by bladesofsteel; 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

This is a bit selfish, I suppose - and I am already ready to duck - but...

The conference playoff trophy is named - appropriately - for Bob Peters

With 11 regular season titles and now with Tim Coghlin ready to pass Peters for most wins while at the helm of an NCHA team - should the NCHA create a regular season title trophy and name it for Coghlin?

The USHL has the Anderson Cup for regular season title and the WCHA has the MacNaughton Cup. And so on. I think Coghlin Cup has a nice ring to it.

(Oh, and I'm guessing Tim would want no part of it...)
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        This is a bit selfish, I suppose - and I am already ready to duck - but...

The conference playoff trophy is named - appropriately - for Bob Peters

With 11 regular season titles and now with Tim Coghlin ready to pass Peters for most wins while at the helm of an NCHA team - should the NCHA create a regular season title trophy and name it for Coghlin?

The USHL has the Anderson Cup for regular season title and the WCHA has the MacNaughton Cup. And so on. I think Coghlin Cup has a nice ring to it.

(Oh, and I'm guessing Tim would want no part of it...)
        I would be in favor of this, once he retires (which hopefully is many years from now).
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Brian, I like your idea for a Coghlin Cup, but I'd agree with Pete on the timing that it has to be after he retires...hopefully about 20 years and god knows how many more banners from now.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

OK, seriously, every game played in college hockey(mens, womens, D1, D3) from last night(1/22) has their boxscore up on collegehockeystats at this time(8:30am central), except for Point/River Falls. This has happened numerous times this season, how some teams can get it up in 15 minutes, while others take hours I have no idea?

Some people appreciate a SID who does their job. But hey, at least I know how the Plymouth State/Nichols womens game went down.
            Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
            2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
            2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
            2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
            "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Looks like the Pointers and Falcons had a pretty brutal series with a total of 37 penalties between them!!
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                Looks like the Pointers and Falcons had a pretty brutal series with a total of 37 penalties between them!!
                I was at both games. Both teams were very chippy. The funny part of it was there should have been more penalties the first game as it was dirtier than the second. The refs let them play a bit too much and lost control of the first. They seemed intent on making up for it the second game.

I wish there was a video of Suter's short handed goal. It was amazing.
                I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Any one know if Wessman's cooling system is fixed, or if the games scheduled there will be moved to another rink for this weekend? I am hoping to find out before I travel up there for Stout's 2 games this weekend.
                  UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
                  UW-Stout Graduate 2011
                  "The Goalie Mask Guy"
                  D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
                  NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

• Originally posted by StoutHockeyFan44 View Post
                    Any one know if Wessman's cooling system is fixed, or if the games scheduled there will be moved to another rink for this weekend? I am hoping to find out before I travel up there for Stout's 2 games this weekend.

Wessman is good to go.
                    The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Conference gets a bit more unclear after an interesting weekend of hockey
                      Last edited by FALCONSANNOUNCER; 01-29-2011, 10:32 PM.
                      Voice of UWRF Athletics 2007-
                      Voice of River Falls High School Athletics 2007-
                      Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball-2010
                      Eau Claire Express Baseball-2011

Comment

Went to the UWEC v. SNC game last night as was impressed again by the play of the blugolds. They have a good thing going on over there. All three games against the Knights have been good ones. They could make some noise in the postseason this year.
                        Not to get to far out in front of it but, you gotta think that they will be right there next year. I dont know anything about Coach Loen and his staff but if they coach em up over the next nine months they could be a juggernaut. They only lose two skaters after this year.
                        If SNC is the perrenial preseason #1 in the NCHA I gotta believe UWEC is 1a next year.

Comment

SNC has a magic # of 4 to win regular season title.
                          Sup has a magic # of 3 to host the first round.
                          After that the other two home series in the first round are still up for grabs.
                          The only definite things are SNC can finish no worst then 2nd and CSS can finish no higher then 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by FALCONSANNOUNCER View Post
                            SNC has a magic # of 4 to win regular season title.
                            Sup has a magic # of 3 to host the first round.
                            After that the other two home series in the first round are still up for grabs.
                            The only definite things are SNC can finish no worst then 2nd and CSS can finish no higher then 3rd.
                            By my calculations St. Norbert has a magic number of two. If SNC wins Friday it will be up seven points on UWS with six left to play.

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                              By my calculations St. Norbert has a magic number of two. If SNC wins Friday it will be up seven points on UWS with six left to play.
                              This is how I calculated.

Superior can get a maximum 26 points +1 just like standard standings -mins SNC Points (23)=4

Max Pts (26) +1 = 27 - SNC (23) = 4

You are right that if St. Norbert wins Friday they clinch, because of the fact that St. Norbert gains 2 points for the wing lowering their magic number to 2. A win for SNC Friday would mean that Superior failed to gain two points lowering the magic number to zero. That game is worth 4 for St. Norbert if they win, 2 if they tie.
                              Last edited by FALCONSANNOUNCER; 01-31-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I agree with Dan, a win by SNC cements the #1 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X