Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potsdam Bears 2010-11

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    I agree with the premise, except - Nothing to gain - even if they were to "travel to Canton" there is a HUGE cost savings, in that there is very travel cost (it is about 13 miles from SUNY Potsdam to SUNY Canton - just about a straight line down Route 11). Note also that SUNY Canton is soon to have one of the best rinks in SUNY.
    I remember how cold the Canton rink was when I played at NCCC. I wore an itech and would frost up.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
      Thanks, I am begging the wife to head down to the game. I even told her that Oswego has the best darn fries. I like watching the games at Oswego, just a remarkable facility.
      the place is AWESOME, and I'm jealous, we had to play in a rink downtown my senior yr 87', due to renovations at Romney, but I think it brang the team together and we had a pretty good season.........

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        I agree with the premise, except - Nothing to gain - even if they were to "travel to Canton" there is a HUGE cost savings, in that there is very travel cost (it is about 13 miles from SUNY Potsdam to SUNY Canton - just about a straight line down Route 11). Note also that SUNY Canton is soon to have one of the best rinks in SUNY.
        Well anything would be better than that dump Plattsburgh plays in.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Or that goody two-shoes that Oswego tries in.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Actually you have the wrong arena. The Crete Civic Center is built on top of the old city dump and it is no longer an ice arena. Now they use it for indoor soccer and trade shows!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

[a whole bunch of unnecessary typing by cooperalls]

Are your fingers done typing?

What part do you not understand about the fact Potsdam will NOT schedule another exhibition game beyond the one. And that my friend was the only point I originally made.

BTW, I'll bet you a pretzel Potsdam doesn't even play Canton next year.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Stafford's a nice arena, but Wimbledon is louder than that barn.

I also wonder if Mr. Jaslow is secretly rooting for Potsdam to win.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  the place is AWESOME, and I'm jealous, we had to play in a rink downtown my senior yr 87', due to renovations at Romney, but I think it brang the team together and we had a pretty good season.........
                  Fort Ontario, awesome rink. Many a 6am practice held there over intersession.
                  93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                  2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    I also wonder if Mr. Jaslow is secretly rooting for Potsdam to win.
                    I plead the 5th...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      I plead the 5th...
                      Not surprised. He did want Morrisville to beat Oswego. (Just kidding.)
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Well I don't know what to add to this thread as we are 5 pages deep and counting. I was able to attend a spirited practice this evening and the team appeared to be happy to be back at home. One game this weekend and as always a huge 2 points at stake. I still believe this team is going to create some problems in the League this season. Go Bears!
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

... I still believe this team is going to create some problems in the League this season. Go Bears!
                          IMO, in my 25+ years of watching "North Country" hockey, the Bears at worst have always had the ability to prove the "any given Sunday" concept. Be it Norwich, Plattsburgh, Oswego, Adrian, Manhattanville, even once upon a time Air Force. Potsdam can NEVER be written off. Go Bears (except against Plattsburgh )
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Potsdam men’s hockey teams with North Country Savings Bank to fight cancer

The Bears hope to honor former teammate Antony Proteau, who died in 2009 after a battle with cancer in his brain stem. In one season of competition, Proteau tallied 10 goals and 10 assists in 23 games played.

"Community involvement is tremendously important to our program,” Potsdam coach Chris Bernard said. “After suffering such a tragic loss last season with the death of Antony, we thought that we should focus our energy on raising as much money as we could to help join the fight against cancer in our effort to honor a teammate and friend."

Beginning with the team’s home opener on Nov. 12 against Morrisville, the Bears, along with North Country Savings Bank, are asking for pledges for every goal Potsdam scores this season. Participants can also make a one-time donation online or via mail.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Great win tonight by the Bears tonight! A very emotional evening as the Bears honored #21 Antony Proteau in conjunction with the "Bears Stick It to Cancer" announcement this evening.
                              Morrisville was very impressive at times as well as Potsdam. Trevor O'Neil was stellar between the pipes tonight for the Bears. He was the difference. Well the Bears are off tomorrow and a hard working Morrisville squad heads to Plattsburgh. Not sure how much Morrisville will have left in the tanks if its a close game tomorrow night.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Great win tonight by the Bears tonight! A very emotional evening as the Bears honored #21 Antony Proteau in conjunction with the "Bears Stick It to Cancer" announcement this evening.
                                Morrisville was very impressive at times as well as Potsdam. Trevor O'Neil was stellar between the pipes tonight for the Bears. He was the difference. Well the Bears are off tomorrow and a hard working Morrisville squad heads to Plattsburgh. Not sure how much Morrisville will have left in the tanks if its a close game tomorrow night.
                                Very close SOG (Potsdam 32 - Morrisville 30), with both teams getting exactly the same in the second (9) and third (11) periods. Final Potsdam goal was an Empty Netter, Morrisville is quickly coming of age, while Potsdam is finding a way to get it done. Potsdam (and Canton) area native (Brasher Falls) and Clarkson grad Chris Bernard and Tim Crowley (also of Brasher Falls - population 2379) have much to be proud of, they are coaching a class act team, and producing nice results, IMO their future is looking bright, I am happy so far.

I'm thinking Cortland will provide some fuel for Morrisville's tank next Friday, maybe even enough that if Caylin Relkoff can hang 60, to force Oswego to see what they can do.
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X