Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potsdam Bears 2010-11

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    The wall is still going to be there. It's not going to be wrap around seating.

But you're right -- I don't like one-sided seating either like Potsdam and Fredonia.
    Albany County Hockey facility, where Siena's club team plays, has a one-sided seating setup, and probably only seats around 300. Granted, that is a community rink (managed by a Siena Grad), but it still serves as an example of... "it could always be worse".

We do have an olympic-sized ice sheet, which is a plus... and it is the rink where numerous teams practiced for the 1980 Olympics in the weeks immediately prior to the games, including Team USA. So even our rink can be looked at through the lens of "it could always be worse"
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      If the wall is still there, put a mural up or do something to jazz it up a little. I think having a mural would make it unique.
      It was worse before they painted the walls in Maxcy Hall. Talk about drab...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I know. I used to go up to Potsdam games when I was little. I am from Watertown so I know the rink pretty well. I just think a mural of a big, snarling bear would be kind of cool.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I know. I used to go up to Potsdam games when I was little. I am from Watertown so I know the rink pretty well. I just think a mural of a big, snarling bear would be kind of cool.
          A mural of some sort could work very nicely.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I like the jerseys. I hope the stadium seating happens. I hated looking at that wall when I broadcasted for Oswego.

Saints, I think I'll be up a couple of times this year. (I have a niece who just started this year that goes there who loves hockey.) I'll join you for a pint sometime.
            MountieBoyOz-
            I would gladly join you for a pint, it would have to be after the game. I am usually busy before and most definitely during the game.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

The BEARS drop the puck on the 2010-11 season with Midnight Madness. Maroon vs White at Midnight (technically 12:01am). As part of tryouts, the team will play an intrasquad game during the earliest morning hours of October 15.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                the bears drop the puck on the 2010-11 season with midnight madness. Maroon vs white at midnight (technically 12:01am). As part of tryouts, the team will play an intrasquad game during the earliest morning hours of october 15.
                very cool.are they the only team that does this???

Comment

I gotta go get a cup of coffee soon, its gonna be a long night.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Wow! What a way to kick off the 2010-11 season! The Bears took the ice at 12:01am, in front of roughly 400 fans. From the opening faceoff the intensity was incredible. I couldn't believe how the boys came out and competed that hard. I saw some good things from some of freshman. The first game is next Weds., against SUNY Canton. If last years game is any indication it should be a packed house.
                    LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

according to collegehockeystats, the Bears are playing TEAM CANADA wed night...............best of luck...;-))

Comment

Excellent work bakdraft21! I hope TEAM CANADA is ready for this one.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                          Excellent work bakdraft21! I hope TEAM CANADA is ready for this one.
                          yea thats some funny stuff, I guess Canton will be watching in the stands.....How is Canton lately, I played with several players from there during my yrs at Oswego, my defensive partner played there for a few yrs, think they won the Championship 85 or 86........I digress..........good luck

Comment

Canton gave Potsdam a good game last year. Their tender was the biggest difference in the contest. I said it before and I shall say it again, its a "trap" game for the Bears. Win by alot and people will say,"well you should", and if its close....blah blah. I thought I heard SUNY Canton was progressing towards D 3 by 2012. I enjoyed my year with the Northmen in the early 90's. But its a different program now since JUCO is gone.
                            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                              Canton gave Potsdam a good game last year. Their tender was the biggest difference in the contest. I said it before and I shall say it again, its a "trap" game for the Bears. Win by alot and people will say,"well you should", and if its close....blah blah. I thought I heard SUNY Canton was progressing towards D 3 by 2012. I enjoyed my year with the Northmen in the early 90's. But its a different program now since JUCO is gone.
                              Saints17 - Are you new to this board You must be, EVERYONE knows:

Win by alot and people will say,"No class"

PS
                              Canton strategic plan here:

Excerpt: (from page 12 of 16):

SUNY Canton will implement a plan to have all athletic programs compete at the NCAA
                              Division III level by 2016.
                              This will require coordination and collaboration between athletics
                              and admissions to recruit more athletes to field an increased number of sports teams.
                              The College will also implement a series of programs aimed at increasing game attendance
                              and creating a culture where athletics serve as a focal point for campus spirit and pride.
                              See also this thread.
                              Last edited by norm1909; 10-18-2010, 09:01 PM.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Lets go Bears!
                                SUNY Potsdam '08

Don't give up, Don't ever give up. -- Jim Valvano

SUPRS - Supermodified Ultimate Pavement Racing Series

Comment

Working...
                                X