Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Originally posted by collegehockeyfam View Post
    Since you knew it was an empty net goal, I assume you were at the game. If so, you must have been in the men's room or concession stand line buying popcorn when their coach was watching RMU draw up the play. What he did was in plain sight for everybody to see. He didn't try to be sneaky about it.

I will repeat what was already said.......a bush league move by the Mercyhurst coach.
    I heard that MC assistant actually apologized to the RMU Coaches in their offices after the game.

Was a weird night for sure.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

No Cheeseburger in Paradise for any of us! Colonials get a 6th goal waved off because the net was off. Whoever did it owes all of us a Wendy's Combo Meal. Other than that Saturday night's game was a good 60 minute effort, nice to see Kobialko and Hervato get goals, and great to see Trevor Lewis net a pair.

But Friday, the boys had no answer for Bentley's trap for most of the game, good job by the Falcons who played a very sound road game. Had it not been for those late penalties they'd have had two points most likely. Bentley's a hard working group that's for sure.

Off to familiar territory this weekend. Going to be a tough one as always especially with UAH coming off that tie at Cornell. Wonder if we'll see Levine get a start this weekend?

This signature sucks!

Comment

Great game last night. Good to see a good many Colgate supporters show up. I'm not sure, but I think that may be the 1st overtime win at home in RMU history. Colgate's season almost seems like RMU's starts the past two years, where anything that can go wrong will go wrong. I wouldn't want to be the opponent they break out against, because I get the feeling goals will fall like rain for them when they do. If someone would have told me that they would only win three games up to this point, I'd have had them committed.

That being said, was a good night for the home team to get a win while a few of their pieces were out of the lineup, and great to get the OT monkey off the back. Having Levine and Ostergard is as good as having two very good #1 goalies, and up until the last year or two, consistent, quality goalkeeping had been hard to come by.

11-4-2 is a great start for sure, just have to be able to sustain it.

BTW, I was assualted by a maple tree outside the Sports Center last night after the game, have vowed to take action against said tree tonight.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
          Great game last night. Good to see a good many Colgate supporters show up. I'm not sure, but I think that may be the 1st overtime win at home in RMU history. Colgate's season almost seems like RMU's starts the past two years, where anything that can go wrong will go wrong. I wouldn't want to be the opponent they break out against, because I get the feeling goals will fall like rain for them when they do. If someone would have told me that they would only win three games up to this point, I'd have had them committed.

That being said, was a good night for the home team to get a win while a few of their pieces were out of the lineup, and great to get the OT monkey off the back. Having Levine and Ostergard is as good as having two very good #1 goalies, and up until the last year or two, consistent, quality goalkeeping had been hard to come by.

11-4-2 is a great start for sure, just have to be able to sustain it.

BTW, I was assualted by a maple tree outside the Sports Center last night after the game, have vowed to take action against said tree tonight.
          It indeed was the first Robert Morris overtime victory at home. Congratulations!

You have Sioux Nation behind you this season...well, for every game except 2, so keep winning games however you need to.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Lol, Thanks FS23. Looking forward to the series coming in a few weeks, will be two big challenges and the RMU boys could play really well and still lose both, just as long as they play well. Actually it's a great thing to be able to get to go to places like Wisco, NoDak, Notre Dame, Miami..etc, if you want to grow your program and watch it develop the right way, it means going on the road to hostile environments and learning what your team is made of, and I'm glad Derek has never shyed away from those types of challenges, makes RMU a better team even if it means taking a couple more losses than you'd like. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

This signature sucks!

Comment

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a...
              Merry Christmas

<========== and a =========>

Happy New Year!

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/Christmas%20Tree.jpg******
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                ...if you want to grow your program and watch it develop the right way, it means going on the road to hostile environments and learning what your team is made of ... makes ... a better team even if it means taking a couple more losses than you'd like.
                Your weekend series against the Sioux may end up being the most challenging two games for RMU ever. For the following reasons:

1) Sioux are 9-1-1 in their last 11 games and are very seasoned after coming off a very challenging 1st half schedule.
                2) This year's Sioux team has a very experienced blue line and the Sioux goaltending is now much improved.
                3) Two of the Sioux's top line forwards have been out with injuries but they are expected to return to the lineup soon.
                4) Two more Sioux players will be returning to the team from the world juniors tournament in Buffalo.
                5) Under coach Hakstol Sioux play their best hockey in the 2nd half of the season.
                6) 5-0 shutout of #4 UMD at the inaugural game of their new Arena indicates they are ready for the 2nd half.
                7) Coach Hakstol will be pushing his players to their limits because this series is a tuneup for the upcoming series against the hated archrivals the U of M Gophers.
                Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 12-31-2010, 03:36 AM.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

It will be challengingfor RMU, I think everyone knew that when they scheduled it. Not even thinking about results for the most part this weekend, hoping they play well (RMU) and give a really good account of theselves, and take something positive out of the experience. Thanks to Nodak for the opportunity.

This signature sucks!

Comment

are any RMU fans coming to the ralph this weekend for the series?

Comment

I thought that rendition of the National Anthem was awesome tonight. Great singer.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Good effort by RMU tonight. That's the level of play we expected. You made us work for it this time.

Go Sioux!

Comment

Originally posted by blather View Post
                          Good effort by RMU tonight. That's the level of play we expected. You made us work for it this time.

Go Sioux!
                          RMU was the better team for long stretches tonight, but weren't able to solve Dell until the very end. Hopefully RMU can now finish the regular season undefeated and make the NCAA Tournament.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            RMU was the better team for long stretches tonight, but weren't able to solve Dell until the very end. Hopefully RMU can now finish the regular season undefeated and make the NCAA Tournament.
                            Thanks FS23. Hard to explain about Friday. It didn't look as lopsided as 8-0, nor did it look as close as the shot totals. Looked to me like RMU thought they had an extra half second to make a decision with the puck that they didn't have because of NoDak's speed, they could have been in awe too and certainly were a bit shaky. Definitely played a better game tonight, kept it simple, and gave themselves a chance to get a point or two for most of the game. Dell is a monster, great job by him and the whole Sioux side, perfect shot by Frattin on the goal. Hopefully we can do it again sometime, NoDak would be a nice change of pace for Pittsburgh Hockey Classic in the Pens new arena. Thanks to the Sioux coaches, players, broadcasters, and fans, classy. Good Luck the rest of the way!

This signature sucks!

Comment

Good weekend of hockey. After the Friday game I think everyone figured that the Saturday game was going to be much closer score-wise and it was. Very entertaining game and that Longpre is a great player to watch!

Good luck the rest of the season RMU.

Comment

Colonials complete the sweep w/ 4-2 win over UConn. Nice conference sweep. Bizarre weekend though. Never seen so many refs/linesman who couldn't get out of their own way before.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X