Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

RMU downs Niagara 4-2 tonight. Good game to watch. Colonials start the third up 2-0, then watch it evaporate in the first 6 minutes of the third. The Eagles are dominating at this point, Schooley calls a timeout, and Kushneriuk scores the game winner on the next shift. Good to get a road weekend split with two tough opponents.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

I can definitely handle a split from this weekend. If the early going is any indication, this conference might end up being quite unpredictable. It's appearing to be a lot more balanced than I had envisioned.
      Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

I didn't get to watch the RIT game, B2 was down, but got to listen. It almost sounds as if RMU played better Friday and lost, not to take anything away from RIT; a win's a win, but even their radio crew seemed to imply that if it hadn't been for some great saves on some RMU chances in the third and in OT, The Tigers would probably have come up short. Of course they were screaming for Colonial penalties the whole third period which were never called as well. I think we all know though, the same style of officiating will victimize RMU too at some point this year. RMU could probably say Ostergard helped steal two points last night as well. Either way, 5-1 is a better start than we're normally accustomed to, here's hoping they keep taking care of business against the teams they should beat, and play consistently well against teams that are better challenges.

BTW, wife called the RIT loss and Niagara Win, I may just have to let her pick the rest of the season.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
          BTW, wife called the RIT loss and Niagara Win, I may just have to let her pick the rest of the season.
          Was under 2 mins away from the Tie/Win prediction for the weekend.
          HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
            GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
            "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Nice win for RMU tonight. Congrats to Nathan Longpre on his 4 assist night, and for achieving the school record for all time assists. Tough weekend coming up with Mercyhurst and Canisius. I've never won chuck a puck in seven years of playing. I should retire and just send a check to RMU for two bucks per home game.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Recruting Udate:

Coach Schooley and staff have been shopping. According to Heisenberg's list, here's the committments they have so far.

1. Cody Cartier -Center- Canmore (AJHL) 5'9 170- 30 points in 19 games so far this season. Tallied 55 points in 57 games last season.

2. Scott Jacklin-LW or Center- Trail (BCHL) 5'11 175- 45 points in 26 games this season, had 69 points in 60 games last year.

3. Jeff Jones- RW or Center- Merritt (BCHL) 5'9 175 - 24 points in 24 games this season.

4.David Rigatti -Wing - Texas (NAHL) 6'1 190 - 8 points in 13 games with a +9 this season, 23 points in 58 games last year.

5. Tyson Wilson - Defense-Brockville (CJHL) 6'1 190 - 19 points in 20 games this year with 7 power play goals. Tyson is also representing Canada East in this year's World Jr A Challenge. Zach Hervato had also been selected to play in this tournament as a junior player two years ago.

Welcome to RMU boys.
                Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man; 11-14-2010, 01:54 PM.

This signature sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                  Nice win for RMU tonight. Congrats to Nathan Longpre on his 4 assist night, and for achieving the school record for all time assists. Tough weekend coming up with Mercyhurst and Canisius. I've never won chuck a puck in seven years of playing. I should retire and just send a check to RMU for two bucks per home game.
                  Shame on you for not taking lessons from Doug Conley, Sr. We didn't call it "Beat the Conleys" for nothing!

Comment

Ranked 20th in the USCHO poll for the first time in team history.

And we need to get the Conley's back for one game for old time sake!
                    HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
                      Ranked 20th in the USCHO poll for the first time in team history.

And we need to get the Conley's back for one game for old time sake!
                      Dougie still works/lives in Moon. One would think he and his wife could have the parents down for a hockey weekend once in a while!

Comment

Never seen anything like it before. RMU trails 2-1 late, Derek calls timeout to draw something up, and here comes this assistant from Mercyhurst who runs over to the RMU bench area, leans over the glass, and feasts his eyes on the play being drawn up then gives a full report to his team back on the Mercyhurst bench. Total bullsh--! A bush league move if I ever saw one.

Then, Hurst scores the empty netter. Alright then, just take your two points and act like you've effing been there before. But no, the Hurst players on the ice for the goal decide it's a great idea to make their goal huddle just two feet or so from the RMU bench in yet another classless display.

I don't think either of those incidents in the closing minutes of the third last night will be forgotten for a very long time, and I can't wait to see how RMU responds on Feburary 11 when they meet again at the Island.

It's dissapointing to say the least, I'd heard good things about Mercyhurst and their fans seemed like decent people, but for their coaches and players to act like that was uncalled for.

Payback's a mutha! See you Feb 11!

This signature sucks!

Comment

WOW!!! Really?? I won't even respond to your allegation about the coach coming over and stealing your play. Get serious!!! Let me ask you this. Since the last goal was an empty netter, where did he shoot it from? I've got a pretty good feeling it was right in front of the RMU bench. Was it a good idea to celebrate right in front of the bench? Maybe not, but really...Do you really think RMU needs that as motivation to play in Feb? If that is what they need then I guess so be it.
                          And guess what, we've effin been there before, you haven't. You have a real nice team and by looking at the shots, maybe even better than MC but you didn't have the better goalie. That's what steals games. Maybe you should just take your loss like a man and come back in Feb and prove your the better team.
                          "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Take the loss like a man? Please. I said nothing about how either team played nor did I infer that MC didn't earn the two points, the result of the game I was fine with, those kind of nights happen, great job by Zapolski.

As far as the assistant going over the boards to steal the play? What else was the guy trying to do when he leans over the glass looking directly into the RMU bench during a timeout? Didn't bring enough tape- can I borrow some of yours? Hey, anybody got an extra bottle? ***????

Still, a classless act by MC. And maybe that's what surprises me. You honestly think I didn't know MC had "been there" before. As you say, maybe not a good idea with the celebration. Maybe I expected better from them.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Good Luck the rest of the way.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                              WOW!!! Really?? I won't even respond to your allegation about the coach coming over and stealing your play. Get serious!!! Let me ask you this. Since the last goal was an empty netter, where did he shoot it from? I've got a pretty good feeling it was right in front of the RMU bench. Was it a good idea to celebrate right in front of the bench? Maybe not, but really...Do you really think RMU needs that as motivation to play in Feb? If that is what they need then I guess so be it.
                              And guess what, we've effin been there before, you haven't. You have a real nice team and by looking at the shots, maybe even better than MC but you didn't have the better goalie. That's what steals games. Maybe you should just take your loss like a man and come back in Feb and prove your the better team.
                              Since you knew it was an empty net goal, I assume you were at the game. If so, you must have been in the men's room or concession stand line buying popcorn when their coach was watching RMU draw up the play. What he did was in plain sight for everybody to see. He didn't try to be sneaky about it.

I will repeat what was already said.......a bush league move by the Mercyhurst coach.

Comment

I knew it was an empty net goal because that is what it said on collegehockeystats.net. I assume it was in front of the RMU bench because no one in there right mind would skate over in front of the opposing team bench to celebrate.
                                "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X