Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    5 Hole Who are you..Grew up in Hamilton..married a Clinton girl. Know half of Clinton
    Hey, I sent you an email.
    GO PURPS!
    Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

So I just looked at the Atlantic Hockey conference website, and neither our logo nor Niagara's is posted, nor are either of us mentioned anywhere on the front page. Only thing I saw was a pic of RIT's head coach, to be honest, I've seen better heads on a milk carton. Anyway, as bad as it seems, the site is a nice upgrade over the CHA attempt at one.

I just thought RMU would be more included by now.

Watch, they'll update it 8 hours before the first puck drop in October.
      Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man; 05-12-2010, 02:05 PM.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
        So I just looked at the Atlantic Hockey conference website, and neither our logo nor Niagara's is posted, nor are either of us mentioned anywhere on the front page. Only thing I saw was a pic of RIT's head coach, to be honest, I've seen better heads on a milk carton. Anyway, as bad as it seems, the site is a nice upgrade over the CHA attempt at one.

Watch, they'll update it 8 hours before the first puck drop in August.
        You will come to realize that the AHA website is pretty much a joke. They repost articles about AHA schools from other sites or news sources...about a week or two later. They finally implemented live scores last season, but only for schools with live stats - its as if someone checks live stats scores and resposts it. It can't be that hard to pick up a phone and call to find out scores...

regardless, they are usually slow in getting things up, I wouldn't expect to see anything for a few months...
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

So I just looked at the Atlantic Hockey conference website, and neither our logo nor Niagara's is posted, nor are either of us mentioned anywhere on the front page.....

Watch, they'll update it 8 hours before the first puck drop in August.
          If it is like Bemidji State, they are not official members until July 1. Maybe they are waiting until then. But at least with our womens team being a member of the WCHA, the logo is there.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            If it is like Bemidji State, they are not official members until July 1. Maybe they are waiting until then. But at least with our womens team being a member of the WCHA, the logo is there.
            This is what I've heard as well. Note, however, that CCHA.com wasted no time removing the UNO logo... Also, has anyone been to the CHA website lately? Last time I was there, it was hacked. Looks like they've fixed it, but the question is, why waste the time or money to keep it up?

As an aside, I was always impressed that the AHA and CHA websites had the logos/links to the other D-I conferences at the bottom. Note that the CCHA, ECACHL, HEA and WCHA do not.
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              The RMU and Niagara logos were on the banner used as a backdrop for the press conferences after the playoff games at the BCA in March.

The AHA website is better than it was, but is still next to useless/irrelevant. The only thing I've used it for was the link to B2 at the start of season when I was trying to buy an RIT season subsription. Anything you can read on atlantichockeyonline.com is probably first available on USCHO, or your teams own site. I'd even guess that the weekly and monthly awards that the league announces show up on USCHO before they do on the AHA pages.
              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983
              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                Also, has anyone been to the CHA website lately? Last time I was there, it was hacked. Looks like they've fixed it, but the question is, why waste the time or money to keep it up?
                I thought I knew the answer, but then I discovered that the women's league has a separate site: http://www.chawomenshockey.com/ They should probably combine the two. Maybe come July when the moves become "official".

Powers &8^]

Comment

Moon Township, Pa. - Head coach Derek Schooley of the Robert Morris University men’s hockey team has announced the addition of five student athletes that will join the Colonial hockey program in Fall 2010. Four of the freshmen will enter RMU this August, while one will join the following season.

The Class of 2014 includes two defensemen, one forward and a single goalie. The five recruits that hail from Alaska, Arizona, Pennsylvania and Canada bring a wealth of experience from several Junior “A” hockey leagues.

"With a very small senior class graduating, I believe we have done a very good job of replacing some very important pieces to our team last year with good quality players that will increase the competition in our locker room,” said Schooley. “Our assistant coaches, Matt Nicholson and Mark Workman, should be commended for the job they did in recruiting this class.".
                  http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArti...CLID=204947282
                  Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Thanks for the update. Always good to have more and better competition, good to see another Cowan-type defenseman in the mix.

This signature sucks!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Always good to have more and better competition, good to see another Cowan-type defenseman in the mix.
                      By Cowan-type do you mean born and raised in Calgary? lol

This will be the first year without a Cowan on the roster. Going to be odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                        By Cowan-type do you mean born and raised in Calgary? lol

This will be the first year without a Cowan on the roster. Going to be odd.
                        "Evan is a big physical defenseman who makes a good first pass. He fits the mold of a Rob or Dave Cowan who excelled at RMU after coming from the Alberta Junior Hockey League." - Derek Schooley.

Schooley also went on to say, " That Mr. Tunes character had better start to play more country music during the stoppages................or else!!"

It will be weird with nobody named Cowan this year. Will also be weird not to see the same 3 teams week in and week out. It is a good thing though.

This signature sucks!

Comment

... Schooley also went on to say, " That Mr. Tunes character had better start to play more country music during the stoppages................or else!!"
                          Well I hope Mr. Tunes heeds that advice ... if I'm doing a roadie with the Purps, that could be the extra edge for visiting the Island Center.

Of course, if I'm doing a roadie against AHA teams, there are not going to be many barns I'm interested in visiting. I might rather look at NC games.
                          GO PURPS!
                          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Schooley also went on to say, " That Mr. Tunes character had better start to play more country music during the stoppages................or else!!"
                            Would you believe me if I told you that while in Detroit at the Tigers game, as Gwen Steffani was on the PA rambling about a refrigerator door, Derek asks "Why don't you play this???"

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
                            Well I hope Mr. Tunes heeds that advice ... if I'm doing a roadie with the Purps, that could be the extra edge for visiting the Island Center.
                            Just need a heads up of your presence 5-hole. Doesn't take too long to hit iTunes for a special request.

Comment

Pics of their 2010-11 jerseys were posted on RMU's Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...id=31435797502

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...id=31435797502

Comment

And while I don't think Gary Bettman will mention RMU by name, it's a 'developing story' worth following...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_683327.html

Comment

Working...
                                X