Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    Moose, I am assuming your tongue was deep into your cheek with that question ... I truly would be talking to myself most of the time, except for an occasional post from SunyLong.

I think I'll have to jump in on this thread and a couple others. Should be fun to stir the pot on the RIT thread every once in a while.
    You are always welcome, 5hole. I'm just glad to see a little less of your team for once...
    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
      It's a pretty neat faclility RMU has. The main arena where the games are only seats about 1200 or so, but you're right on top of the ice. The place is pretty clean, Spydey plays some good classic rock before and throughout the game, concessions are pretty diverse and fairly cheap.

In fact my only complaint about the place, would be the amount of VOCAL Rmu fans in it. But the situation is improving much, especially the second half of the home schedule this past season, seemed like we had 1000 people or more the last 6 games or so, and the place was starting to get louder.

So if you're coming down for a road trip, you won't be dissapointed.
      Not only is the Island Sports Center a great arena, it's got Dave Hanson as its GM! I'm looking forward to being there again next season when the Icers take on the Colonials ACHA team.

Too bad Penn State won't be involved in next fall's Penguins Classic at the Consol. I think the Pens owe the teams after January's cherry picker cluster-fark!
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
        Moose, I am assuming your tongue was deep into your cheek with that question ... I truly would be talking to myself most of the time, except for an occasional post from SunyLong.

I think I'll have to jump in on this thread and a couple others. Should be fun to stir the pot on the RIT thread every once in a while.
        I would say you are welcome over in the BSU thread.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Never been to Hamilton's Russell Sage rink then?

Been to both many times, and Hamilton's rink is amazingly colder.

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
          Spydey is going to laugh when I say this, but it bears repeating.

Coldest **** rink that I've ever seen a hockey game in.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

Went to a Hamilton - RIT game before they renovated Sage, and it was -20 outside, and pretty much the same inside. Only difference is it was humid in the arena. Between periods we went in to warm up in the hallway next to the locker rooms. The refs came out and one of them looked at my wife, kids, and I and said "You people are crazy, we have to be here. Go home". We were dressed for it but d**n it was cold.

For those who have never been to Sage, rent the Liza Minelli movie "The Sterile Cuckoo". The scenes inside the vintage hockey arena are Sage before they ruined/renovated it.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

LMAO. I grew up about two miles from Sage. Yup, I remember it being pretty d*** cold in there, though I spent most of my rink time at the relatively toastie Clinton Arena. Hmmm - let me re-phrase the previous: as a kid, I lived about two miles from Sage; however, I'm still haven't grown up yet, hope I never do.

Hey, Millsy and Spydey ... thanks for the invites. I'm sure I will pop in often enough - and I will try to behave.

I just looked in on the current RIT thread ... they are having an exciting conversation about styrofoam peanuts. Can't wait to see the next post there. Sigh.
              GO PURPS!
              Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

FYI, Gemini Athletic Wear has posted some jersey concepts on its Facebook fan page, and this one came up:

*****http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs082.snc3/14994_116479188372968_116472528373634_169885_80415 14_n.jpg******
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Some of those don't look bad at all, but I wonder if some of them might be for the club teams.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Hard to say. I offered to Photoshop an idea or two to Coach, but he said he pretty much already had the designs in hand.

I'm dying to see RMU go with a Rangers "Lady Liberty" style jersey, using the 'Mel Gibson' logo as I call it, with the Colonial swinging the flag, a la Mel in The Patriot.

Or... something using one of the Blue Jackets templates. Civil War team... Revolutionary War team... what's the difference??

Comment

So everyone knows what I'm talking about... here's "Mel":

*****http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5229320&id=509553652******
                      Last edited by Spydey629; 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                        Hard to say. I offered to Photoshop an idea or two to Coach, but he said he pretty much already had the designs in hand.

I'm dying to see RMU go with a Rangers "Lady Liberty" style jersey, using the 'Mel Gibson' logo as I call it, with the Colonial swinging the flag, a la Mel in The Patriot.

Or... something using one of the Blue Jackets templates. Civil War team... Revolutionary War team... what's the difference??
                        Need a Mel Gibson patriot logo with a bloody ax in hand, standing over a recently deceased redcoat, it's not very family friendly, but it could be a winner.

Honestly, I think one of the hardest parts of designing an RMU sweater would have to be resisting the temptation to make a USA olympic hockey jersey wannabe from either the 1980 team or this past team.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                          Honestly, I think one of the hardest parts of designing an RMU sweater would have to be resisting the temptation to make a USA olympic hockey jersey wannabe from either the 1980 team or this past team.
                          ...which those posted block letter RMU jerseys resemble -- the throwback 1960 Squaw Valley jerseys that Team USA wore this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                            ...which those posted block letter RMU jerseys resemble -- the throwback 1960 Squaw Valley jerseys that Team USA wore this year.
                            *****http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_391000/FF_391601_l.jpg******
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

"The Fan" is reporting that Pittsburgh is a finalist for the 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four.
                              HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

5 Hole Who are you..Grew up in Hamilton..married a Clinton girl. Know half of Clinton
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X