Middlebury at Williams, Tues, Feb 9 at 7PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlebury at Williams, Tues, Feb 9 at 7PM

I post this to get some discussion going on this matchup. The Ephs added an exclamation point to their already outstanding season by leaving the only blemish on Norwich's season. They are tied for the most points in the conference along with a game in hand. Midd, despite the loss to Norwich on Friday, has played very well of late and is 3 point back. Midd needs this game to have any chance of a regular season title or to even to insure home ice for the quarterfinal games. I think it will be a very close game with goaltending a big factor in it.

Also, I am hoping that this thread can be a conduit of well wishes for Tucker Donahoe #10 who was injured and stretchered off the ice during Saturdays game against St Michaels. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery!
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Re: Middlebury at Williams, Tues, Feb 9 at 7PM

First of all, best wishes to Tucker and, of course, all hope for a full recovery and speedy return to the ice. It's always a scary thing when any player is removed by stretcher.

As for the game, if the Williams goaltender is as good as his last game, one would have to expect a Williams victory.

Finally, is Williams the Ephs (As in Toronto Maple LEAFS without the L - as the Norwich announcer contended), or is it the 'F's'?

Comment

Originally posted by mazile View Post

Finally, is Williams the Ephs (As in Toronto Maple LEAFS without the L - as the Norwich announcer contended), or is it the 'F's'?
      Norwich announcer is right

Comment

Any word on Yucker? Hope all is as well as possible. Well wishes and prayers.

Comment

Any word on Tucker? Hope all is as well as possible. Well wishes and prayers.
          Sorry, hit a wrong key.

Comment

Correct, founder was Ephraim Williams not Fphraim

Originally posted by Foreright1613 View Post
            Norwich announcer is right
            Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

I am figuring that Purdy will have a great game in goal and if Yanchek has a good one then Midd should out skate the Ephs. If Midd stays solid on defensive lapses and minimizes the odd man rushes then I think they have a good chance of winning. It is a must game for Midd, but not so for Williams.

Comment

Good luck to Tucker, hate to see any player get hurt. As far as Middlebury and Williams, I think if Purdy has a game like he did Saturday against Norwick, Middlebury will be lucky to score. I am thinking Williams on this one.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

After having seen both the Platty game and Norwich on Sat. I am confident that Midd will get a better shake from the officials at Williamstown than they got at the Chip - Coach Beaney getting a bench penalty and a game misconduct with a minute left to play is almost unheard of. The check that put Tucker into the hospital happened right in front of us, yet no penalty was called. I understand that his MRI was negative and that's a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD GUY '61 View Post
                    ...I understand that his MRI was negative and that's a blessing.
                    Now that is some great news. Thank you for the update.
                    Middlebury '94

Comment

Awesome news on Tucker. I hope we have him back on the ice as soon as it is absolutely safe for him to be there.

As far as the game is concerned, Norwich and Midd were fairly even on SOGs. Norwich had a wide shot advantage over Williams. If Yanchek has a good game and Midd pounds the net with shots on goal then I think good things will happen for the Panthers. Honestly though, I think the first goal is going to huge in this one.

Comment

I think the fact that it's a home game for Williams should make them the clear favorites. Middlebury is built for the big ice and I would imagine that played a rather large role in the recent resurgance. Basically home games against Colby Bowdoin Pbugh and Nwich came at the right time for them to right the ship and get some confidence back. Can you imagine if they had to go to Maine then Pburgh then Nwich?? I would bet there season would look a lot different than it does now. I was at the game two years ago in Williams when Midd pulled it out late on a goal by Mickey Gilchrest. In the playoffs that year Midd smoked Williams 6-0 at home. With Williams clearly being better now and Midd at this point being about the same Williams should win. But Maybe Midd has gained the cofindence they need and will go on a late season run in which we have seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthCountry6 View Post
                          Basically home games against Colby Bowdoin Pbugh and Nwich came at the right time for them to right the ship and get some confidence back. Can you imagine if they had to go to Maine then Pburgh then Nwich?? I would bet there season would look a lot different than it does now.
                          We'll find out how that very schedule appeals to the Panthers next year.

Comment

Tucker is a great kid, hope to see him back soon. Middlebury is better than Williams. They are much deeper and their goal tending has been stronger as of late. The Nescac is tight this year and of course these two teams could meet again in the playoffs. Middlebury really has 4 good lines, and their defense is playing much better, I also like their puck movement, their passing as best in the conference, and they too could have beaten Norwich and Norwich knows it. Williams is playing well, but they should have lost to Bowdoin and they were lucky to beat Hamilton. Their win against Norwich is a terrific win, Tuesday will be a good test.

Comment

less than 24 hours to go! Makes ya look forward to a Tuesday =]

Comment

Working...
                              X