Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Sponsors?

Hey All,
    I'm new to the board and had a question that I couldn't seem to find any information on and I was hoping that someone could help me..

What are the main companies and businesses that sponsor college hockey at any NCAA level?

Whether it is tournaments or events, I am looking for those companies who like to be associated with the the college teams & events.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate the help!

-Aaron-

Re: College Hockey Sponsors?

Hi, ABarrows.

I'm not sure that there are any major sponsors on a national level. Usually, it's just the teams themselves - with the exception being the conferences usually have a sponsor for their tournaments, Red Baron Pizza for the WCHA and Bank of America and Hilton for the ECAC, for instance.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by ABarrows09 View Post
      Hey All,
      I'm new to the board and had a question that I couldn't seem to find any information on and I was hoping that someone could help me..

What are the main companies and businesses that sponsor college hockey at any NCAA level?

Whether it is tournaments or events, I am looking for those companies who like to be associated with the the college teams & events.

-Aaron-
      I tried to come up with a list for you, with little luck.

I know the person in charge of UNH Marketing and Promos; I won't post her e-mail her for obvious reasons, but if you send me a private message / e-mail I can send you her contact info, if you would be respectful with it.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Sponsorship is usually handled by individual athletic depts at each school.

Denver's corporate sponsors:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204862765

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Hi, ABarrows.

I'm not sure that there are any major sponsors on a national level. Usually, it's just the teams themselves - with the exception being the conferences usually have a sponsor for their tournaments, Red Baron Pizza for the WCHA and Bank of America and Hilton for the ECAC, for instance.
          SuperValu and Kellogg's were sponsors last year at the WCHA Final Five, not as much as Red Baron, but it's how I got free tickets to the play in game.

UND has Reebok jerseys, they had Nike last year. I assume gloves and sticks would be players' personal preference.

Sponsors at the Ralph and for Fighting Sioux Athletics are local companies, a local car dealership (I don't like them, therefore no name given). Seems to be similar where I've seen games.
          THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
          1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
          1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
          University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
          University of Oregon Ducks Football
          San Francisco Giants
          Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
            SuperValu and Kellogg's were sponsors last year at the WCHA Final Five, not as much as Red Baron, but it's how I got free tickets to the play in game.
            So that's why Red Barons doesn't hand out free pizza from their truck anymore.

Comment

Hey All,

-Aaron-
              For sponsoring the team in general, I would say when you're at any hockey arena, just look along the boards. Preferably the penalty box; they give the most money. Official titles of events and PA Announcer ads should also give you some clues.

Bank of America and Citizen's Bank are pretty big in the ECAC. Also for RPI there's Yankee Trails World Travel who is contracted for all of the travel for the road games. Obviously with Quinnipiac there's TD Banknorth. I know it will take a bit of research on your part; I'd start with banks, local bars/restaurants, retail venues, things like that.

Comment

Since most sponsors are local, I'd expect it to be pretty hard to discern meaningful patterns. MTU and BU both play D-1 hockey, but they have vastly different pools of potential local sponsors.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Thank you for all of your input so far! When I started looking around I found the many local companies that support their respected school. I was having difficulty finding them on a national level, say 1 or 2 major companies that sponsor schools throughout the country. I will keep looking around to see if I can put anything more together.

Comment

Thank you for all of your input so far! When I started looking around I found the many local companies that support their respected school. I was having difficulty finding them on a national level, say 1 or 2 major companies that sponsor schools throughout the country. I will keep looking around to see if I can put anything more together.
                    Hockey is only played by 59 universities many of whom aren't D-1 in other sports. Factor in the narrow geographic range (New England, Michigan & Upper Mid-West).

I was surprised to see the Coca-Cola logo on the ice in Madison last week.

No national TV contract for college hockey. I'd bet that the ESPN college hockey advertisers would also be seen on a lax or college basketball broadcast.

DirecTV could be a national sponsor since all college hockey fans could be potential customers of the Fox Package.

Comment

For Wisconsin I would say the two biggest ones are Culver's and Oscar Mayer

Comment

Working...
                      X