A good idea
    12.21%
    A bad idea
    65.65%
    Time will tell
    16.79%
    Whatever Freddy Meyer thinks
    5.34%
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Re: Ford Field - Good or Bad Idea?

Football = Football stadiums
    Hockey = Not Football stadiums

The NCAA couldn't figure that out.
    Boston University Hockey
    1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Given the state of this board I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see a whole heap of whiners unwilling to try something new.

Of course, I guarantee that at least one person who's already voted "bad idea" will be at Camp Randall or Fenway Park for those "bad ideas."
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Of course, I guarantee that at least one person who's already voted "bad idea" will be at Camp Randall or Fenway Park for those "bad ideas."
        I will be at Fenway despite thinking Ford Field is a horrid idea. I owe it to myself to experience it, who knows, maybe it'll be awesome. But I'm not getting my hopes up.
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

There is a big difference between a regular season game and one which determines the National Champion......the players deserve better than Ford Field

Comment

Given the state of this board I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see a whole heap of whiners unwilling to try something new.

Apples and Oranges. The Frozen Four is inside. The novelty of the outdoor games at the stadiums is that they're OUTDOORS.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The National Championship is NOT the time to "try something new" on the ice.

Comment

It's time for another good idea, bad idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PhzrmBgMI
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Then I expect to see NONE of you at Ford Field. Please, don't come. I don't want my good time spoiled by whiners.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Then I expect to see NONE of you at Ford Field. Please, don't come. I don't want my good time spoiled by whiners.
                    I don't like the NCAA's decision to have its championship at a "gimmicky" venue, but that doesn't mean I don't support the athletes or the sport as a whole, and I definitely plan on being at Ford Field.
                    Last edited by jen; 10-08-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I won't be there, and I also hope those who dislike the idea will avoid it. I prefer to actually be able to see the game.

Comment

With the new seating arrangement, I think they've definitely moved more towards the good idea area. Now if only Ford Field wasn't in Detroit...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          With the new seating arrangement, I think they've definitely moved more towards the good idea area. Now if only Ford Field wasn't in Detroit...
                          City of Detroit is not the problem the football stadium and horrible site lines is.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            City of Detroit is not the problem the football stadium and horrible site lines is.
                            if you look at the sketch that someone posted on here of what the rink will look like, including a view from an upper corner seat, it's really not bad. from people who went to the final four there last year, the sightlines are apparently extraordinary. plus, the rink spans the whole short side of the field so there wont be excessive space between the ends and the seats. this is definitely a strong step in the right direction for this event and i think it won't be as awful as some are predicting.
                            time to write new history

Comment

bad idea now that they decided to change the seating and put in bleachers for one side. Horrible. I have a feeling they'd fill the stadium, at least lower bowl if they kept it the way it was.
                              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                              University of Oregon Ducks Football
                              San Francisco Giants
                              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Working...
                              X