PDA

View Full Version : Pointer Hockey 2009-10 ~ Reload

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wormser-PointRC
08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
With the departure of 12 seniors last season, UWSP has a large recruiting class coming in, 15 players in all. Head coach Wil Nichol now has a team primarily composed of players he has recruited and this may be the breakout year for the Pointer hockey team.

Incoming freshmen are:

Forwards
Justin Johnson
Nick Kenney
Alex Handy
Sam Graham
Donnie Hallmark
Kyle Greco
Johnny Meo
Chris Annunziato

Defensemen
Jon Bockman
Brandon Busse
Sean McNeely
Taylor Kuypers
Tyler Krueger

Goalies
Nick Graves
Alan Armour

On paper, the recruits look extremely skilled. Add this to the high scoring freshman(now sophomore) class of last season and Point could really cause some significant problems for NCHA teams.

ballgame
08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
is there room for all these recruits?

norm1909
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
is there room for all these recruits?

Just 3 more than the graduating class, looks like a plan to me:cool:

With the departure of 12 seniors last season, UWSP has a large recruiting class coming in, 15 players in all. Head coach Wil Nichol now has a team primarily composed of players he has recruited...

Matthew Webb
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM

And three players are not returning from last year's squad, so it's 15 to fill 15 spots. I believe Point's roster will stand at 27, so everything is in line.

Wormser-PointRC
08-25-2009, 06:12 PM

Yeah, because:

1. No one ever leaves a team in the offseason.

2. There are never any better players available than the ones already on the team.

or

3. Every recruit brought in always plays.

Wormser-PointRC
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Brett Beckfeld in Norway.

http://www.f-b.no/article/20090814/SPORTEN01/890613167/1220/NYHET (Interview is in English)

Enjoy the Lutefisk Brett! Good Luck!

bladesofsteel
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
points 2007-08 leading scorer josh calleja to river falls this year. Transferred to RF last year and is now eligible. I know its next to his hometown so guessing that was one of the reasons.

BlueDevilRadio
08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Pointers Reload; Hungry For Success - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/08/uwsp-hockey-reloading-recruits/

Every loves some press, right?

Wormser-PointRC
08-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Pointers Reload; Hungry For Success - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/08/uwsp-hockey-reloading-recruits/

Every loves some press, right?

Nice article.

Hmmmm... you and webb should team up and produce a website that covers DIII hockey..... :rolleyes: novel idea.

BlueDevilRadio
08-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Nice article.

Hmmmm... you and webb should team up and produce a website that covers DIII hockey..... :rolleyes: novel idea.

Yes indeed. Novel idea kind fellow. :D

joecct
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice article.

Hmmmm... you and webb should team up and produce a website that covers DIII hockey..... :rolleyes: novel idea.I second the notion!

BlueDevilRadio
09-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I've been looking into Alan Armour, the goaltender recruit from Selkirk (MJHL), everything I've heard about him is great. I think this is a fantastic pick-up for UWSP in the goaltending department. Two thumbs up. I hope I get to see him play at some point.

Wormser-PointRC
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah, he looks to be pretty solid. There will definetely be a fight for the #1 spot in goal this season.

Matthew Webb
09-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Sean Fish Lands Job With Alaska Avalanche (www.thefrozenfrontier.blogspot.com)

trasher
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I've been looking into Alan Armour, the goaltender recruit from Selkirk (MJHL), everything I've heard about him is great. I think this is a fantastic pick-up for UWSP in the goaltending department. Two thumbs up. I hope I get to see him play at some point.

I watched him at the Chicago Showcase back in 2007 and he played great against the best HS competition in the US.

Since then he has done a bang-up job for two years in the Canadian juniors.

He'll have to battle with Pointer incumbent Thomas Speers, but look for Armour to have the job at some point in the next couple years...

Wormser-PointRC
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I think Speer is going to have a real battle on his hands keeping that #1 spot this season.

trasher
09-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I think Speer is going to have a real battle on his hands keeping that #1 spot this season.

Don't sell Nick Graves short, either...

joecct
09-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Don't sell Nick Graves short, either...Don't you mean don't bury him? :D

BlueDevilRadio
09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, he looks to be pretty solid. There will definetely be a fight for the #1 spot in goal this season.

Talking with others guys out of the MJHL, they say he could be a toss up..

Guys say when he's on he's on, but when he's off he's off.

You can't dispute that he was on Selkirk either, with that kind of team around him it's easy to cruise to the MJHL tendy of the year, not to take anything away from his efforts in net.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Matthew Webb
09-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Talking with others guys out of the MJHL, they say he could be a toss up..

Guys say when he's on he's on, but when he's off he's off.

?