Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Stout Regular Season -- 2009-10

Originally posted by the_devils_advocate View Post
    BDR - any personal thoughts on starters and CPTs??? Who looks to be rising to the challenge to be this years wall in the net?
    CPT - Motz, Gaulrapp, Sternberg

Pischlar is THE guy for us this season. He has been waiting patiently for two years and has steadily progressed since coming on-campus. He leaned out over summer and has really been working hard at claiming the number one spot. Pischlar would be a great starter to take the reins because all of the team respects him on many levels. He has amazing work ethic both on and off the ice not only in hockey but in his studies as well. He a genuine nice guy and leads by example. He is a goaltender the team can rally around and really want to play for.

Mike Morgan who came in mid-season last year has shown some great improvement. I know coach Watkins talked to him in the past week telling him to keep working and that he has noticed his improvement and hard work... it's paying off for Morgan.

Then you have Lescovich and Hopper behind Morgan and Pischlar. Of the two, I would say the new guy Lescovich has an edge over Hopper at this point. He fits the mold that both goaltending coach Ed Roethke and coach Watkins like I think. He's big at 6"2, he's very skinny and lanky with great flex. He takes up a lot of the net and plays his angles very well. He is a classic butterfly goaltender, reminds me a lot of NHL goaltender Carey Price in his style.

I'm heading to practice this afternoon to watch and talk with Tdubz, I'll post a link here when I write up the story about his pre-season thoughts on his team. That will feed your need for info a bit!
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
      Pischlar is THE guy for us this season. ...
      I guess this is pure motivation for Pischlar then.

“This is the first year in eight seasons we don’t know who our starting goalie is coming into the season,” Watkins said.

This is from http://athletics.uwstout.edu/news/20...x?path=mhockey.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyStoutFan View Post
        I guess this is pure motivation for Pischlar then.

“This is the first year in eight seasons we don’t know who our starting goalie is coming into the season,” Watkins said.
        I agree, it should really get him going. It is still a wide open battle in net, but I think Pischlar is the best fit to start the season. Nearly all programs in the conference are in the same spot. There is an all-out goaltender shootout taking place in UW-Superior for kids to earn a roster spot and CSS lost Bounds who was a real solid tender for them.

Everyone is kind of re-loading in net this year except for UWSP who will continue to ride Speer.

I talked with Watkins today and will write-up the story and edit video when I get the chance, hopefully tonight.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

I agree, it should really get him going. It is still a wide open battle in net, but I think Pischlar is the best fit to start the season. Nearly all programs in the conference are in the same spot. There is an all-out goaltender shootout taking place in UW-Superior for kids to earn a roster spot and CSS lost Bounds who was a real solid tender for them.

Everyone is kind of re-loading in net this year except for UWSP who will continue to ride Speer.

I talked with Watkins today and will write-up the story and edit video when I get the chance, hopefully tonight.
          I agree with you (just giving you a hard time), but I wouldn't be surprised if TW's platoons at least early on. If you look back over his coaching time, he has done that more often than not, and when he hasn't, there has been an extreme distinction between #1 and #2. Then, the interesting questions is "Who is the #2?"

Comment

I agree with you (just giving you a hard time), but I wouldn't be surprised if TW's platoons at least early on. If you look back over his coaching time, he has done that more often than not, and when he hasn't, there has been an extreme distinction between #1 and #2. Then, the interesting questions is "Who is the #2?"
            I think the Blue vs. White Intrasquad scrimmage tomorrow night at the ice palace will be very telling to who can hold down the paint in game situations. Practice is one thing, but playing full speed in game-type situations will probably soldify some depth charter decisions.

I'll be watching the goaltenders close for sure.

Comment

I think the Blue vs. White Intrasquad scrimmage tomorrow night at the ice palace will be very telling

I'll be watching the goaltenders close for sure.
              Are you going to post some pics??

Comment

Are you going to post some pics??
                For sure. They debut their new away jersey's tonight in the scrimmage.

I'll also be snagging some b-roll video since I can actually move around for a change and I'm not stuck in the birds nest.

Comment

Blue Devils picked to win NCHA in 2009-2010
                  Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 10-23-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

They are going to win it for the entire decade?! That's unpossible!

Edit: Looks like only six coaches voted. Interesting...
                    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

I can always count on you to keep me honest Webb.

Comment

I can always count on you to keep me honest Webb.
                        Rowdy Crowd: Keeping an eye on society so you don't have to.
                        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Terry Watkins (Head Coach) talks about the 2009-2010 season --- http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/10/i...terry-watkins/

Jesse Pischlar (G) talks about his prep for a shot at the starting position this year --- http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/10/e...e-pischlar-jr/

@LonelyStoutFan -- Have some 'leaked' pics of those new away uni's.

Will get around to that soon!

Comment

@LonelyStoutFan -- Have some 'leaked' pics of those new away uni's.

Will get around to that soon!
                            Can't wait to see them. Hopefully, they'll have a little more variety to them than the old blue on blue did.

Comment

Can't wait to see them. Hopefully, they'll have a little more variety to them than the old blue on blue did.
                              Here you go!

They are shiny, Pischlar described them as 'glimmering in the light'. Haha. Similar to what's on a Predators jersey, except the whole jersey is that material.

Ben Bengston & Coach Slupe

UW-Stout Goalies

New Banners In Dunn Co.

Comment

I will have more media release about this in the coming days, but I wanted to make UW-Stout and SNC fans aware about this nice and early.

Tailgating will begin by 4:30 p.m. in the Dunn Co. parking lot with live entertainment and food $1 hot dogs will be sold hot off the grill, so bring your appetite.

Ranger Rudy and the Swingin' Wingtips will begin playing around 5 p.m.

There will be multiple large bonfires to keep warm.

UW-Stout students, fans, alumni etc. as well as SNC fans are encouraged to come out and chew the rag about hockey prior to the conference opener for both teams.

Bring your folding chairs, blankets and your hunger/thirst. Should be a great time for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X