Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW-Stout Regular Season -- 2009-10

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
    Just for clarification our rink is 200X90. Not quite olympic size.
    What was the reason for just widening it up to 90' instead of taking it all the way to 100'?
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

$

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
      What was the reason for just widening it up to 90' instead of taking it all the way to 100'?
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
        $
        As I recall, making the span longer than 90 required the increase in supporting beanms, footings, etc. I seem to recall hearing that going from 90 to 100 would have almost doubled the structural skeleton costs.

The women's head coach would know more details as he was involved in the building at the time. My wife typed a lot of the specifications manual, and I read parts of it as as sleep aid.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          The women's head coach would know more details as he was involved in the building at the time. My wife typed a lot of the specifications manual, and I read parts of it as as sleep aid.
          Spec books may be the most boring thing on earth. That and code books.
          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
          2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
          2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
          2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
          "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
            Spec books may be the most boring thing on earth. That and code books.
            Something only an engineer could like..... and not many of them.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
              In addition to costs and whatnot, I've also been told that a 90' wide rink is considered "optimal" by some.

Don't ask me who these people are, or what "optimal" means, though.

Comment

Tailgate at Buffalo Wild Wings Dec. 4th - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/p...in-eau-claire/
                WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                WIAC Championships: 10-11
                NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Should be a good game tonight at Hobbs! You guys can check out the renovations lol. Best part of the whole deal is that the BEER GARDEN is finally open this friday night!!!!
                  Blugold Hockey: 0 conference championships, 0 NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Any thoughts on tonights game? I believe Stephenson, the freshman goalie who has been hot in all of his starts this year is in net. And I know Eau Claire has lots of injuries... Should be interesting game at home with lots of fans from both sides though!
                    Blugold Hockey: 0 conference championships, 0 NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                      Tailgate at Buffalo Wild Wings Dec. 4th - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/12/p...in-eau-claire/
                      Is the team stopping there for the pre game meal??
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Should be a good game! Good old I-94 Rivalry.

As for BWW, of course the team is going... completely dressed in their hockey pads
                        http://www.stouthockey.com

My College Experience:
                        UW-Stout
                        ^08-09 NCHA Peter's Cup Champions^
                        ^08-09 NCAA National Tournament Appearance^

Comment

How long of a trip from Stout to Eau Claire? Same as Stout to Norwich?
                          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                            I get the jab, no excuses the team is struggling, it is along season and it is how you end now necessarily how you start but Blue devils are digging a hole it will be hard to get out of if they lose to River falls next weekend. It does help when Norbert gets beat because the field gets tighter and more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                              Only 25 mins, but after the game last night I bet it felt like another 20 hour bus ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
                                Only 25 mins, but after the game last night I bet it felt like another 20 hour bus ride home.
                                Hopefully, Big Blue will right the ship, and that will be the case for the Blugolds tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X