Mercyhurst Lakers 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst Lakers 2009-2010

What do the lakers have this year? Do they have a chance at the tital again without their team aka Meghan Agosta.. not to mention Hayley Mcmeekin and Velerie Chouinard.. or will they just be an ordinary team?? I have been on vacation and haven't been down with any news. Please fill me in!

Re: Mercyhurst Lakers 2009-2010

Originally posted by mercyfan View Post
    What do the lakers have this year? Do they have a chance at the tital again without their team aka Meghan Agosta.. not to mention Hayley Mcmeekin and Velerie Chouinard.. or will they just be an ordinary team?? I have been on vacation and haven't been down with any news. Please fill me in!
    Don't mean to put salt on a wound, but Gina Prough will be wearing the other X-mas color this year as well.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

What do the lakers have this year?
      A seemingly very short roster.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        Don't mean to put salt on a wound, but Gina Prough will be wearing the other X-mas color this year as well.
        Just out of curiosity why did the Prough girl transfer to Wisconsin.......

I've seen Mercyhurst play 5 or 6 times last year and she appeared to get alot of ice time both on D and forward........

Comment

Chouinard was one of my favorite players and she will certainly be missed..

Comment

Originally posted by leafsfan View Post
            Chouinard was one of my favorite players and she will certainly be missed..
            What are the chances that Bailey Bram will also be missed?
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Why would Bram be missed she's only a sophomore. The core of the team is back, and they have 2 transfers. Kylie Rossler is coming here from Robert Morris, and Kyleigh Palmer from Vermont. They have a very good incoming class that I think will be just fine. They still have returning players in Scanzano, Bendus, Pattenden. This team will dominate their conference. Not sure on the national championship.

Comment

[QUOTE=Homeboyricka87;4354611]Why would Bram be missed she's only a sophomore.

Bram is not your average sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeboyricka87 View Post
                  Not sure on the national championship.
                  Everybody who was in the national championship picture last season will have to deal with a lot of turnover, so all the top teams are in roughly the same boat. The Lakers may be losing less than the other Frozen Four teams from 2009. Considering just players who are likely to either play in the Olympics or contend for US or Canadian roster spots:

Wisconsin - Vetter, Lawler, Duggan, Knight, (Ammerman?), + Coach Johnson;
                  UMD - Martin, Holmlov, Winberg, Asserholt, (Pelttari?), Irwin, Larocque;
                  Minnesota - Marvin, Drazan, Lamoureux (x2), (Schleper?).

The teams that were on the next rung like UNH and BC are impacted as well, so I think even w/o Agosta, Mercyhurst isn't at a huge disadvantage to other top squads. I'd expect that we'll see a more crowded playoff picture this season and less separation between the top 8 and the next 8. Based on talent, I'd guess Wisconsin still has the most, but given that they'll have an interim coaching staff in place, we'll have to wait and see.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    ...we'll have to wait and see.
                    While true, we won't have to wait too long. We'll have a better idea of who's in the lead by late March '10.

Comment

Originally posted by law View Post
                      While true, we won't have to wait too long. We'll have a better idea of who's in the lead by late March '10.
                      Kind of like the world of Finance, where we often say if only we could wait until the end of the fiscal year to prepare our budgets for that same year, I bet we could really nail it!
                      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Also, I wouldn't give the CHA Cup to Mercyhurst just yet. I realize WSU is losing much of their goal scoring but I learned through the early years of Mercyhurst Women's Hockey, goals aren't easy to come by when you don't have the scoring punch. I do believe on paper Mercyhurst has the most talent in the CHA this year but it won't be as easy as in the past. I thought the league as a whole was making a climb, slow as it was, in getting better talent.
                        I agree with ARM's post though. This year there could be a team or two in the Frozen Four who haven't been there before or haven't been there in a while.
                        Should be great hockey.

P.S. I sure wish I would here some talk on recruits for the 2010-2011 season for Mercyhurst. Surely somebody's interested or has been called.
                        "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Are they even going tp have recruits for10/11. Their only losing 1 senior and Agosta is coming back.

Comment

what did you mean by Bram is not your average sophomore??
                            also bram transferring?? ive heard rumers of that but have been told they are not true.. can someone fill me in please i would hate for the lakers to have to deal with that hit too this year

Comment

She's coming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X