Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by fornax
    nice job kniggs just be greatful you played us now instead of later in the year. talked to some of the boys last night great talent down from the O just gotta bring it all together we will see you next year and you better be ready. take that brick to the bank kids
    Welcome back! Long time no talk.

Tell the Foresters to make the NCAAs. Hopefully SNC can do the same and then we can see how much the boys progressed throughout the year. Deal?
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilAdvocate View Post
      Cody Keefer is starting strong early in the season. Now I wasn't at the game but on paper is doesn't look like it was very close. Keefer with 2 goals and 2 assists, could this be a preview for the season to come with him?!
      Don’t be too quick to assume anything quite yet !!!
      Last season, an all freshmen line started on fire for SNC (one kid even scored x3 in his 1st NCAA game but didn’t even dress his next game) & by the time I got to see them play Stout, this freshmen line was no longer a line plus their individual ice time had dwindled to the point only roll players should see. I understand SNC we’re defending champs with not very many spots open but I’m simply telling you what I saw, plus the fact that last season's Knights we’re obviously not the champion team from the year previous. These three freshmen aren’t even there anymore but one & the one left has become very average.
      SNC best bring their A-game this weekend vs Stout … they won’t be playing LF.

Comment

I'm with Fornax. I just think SNC was super lucky to play LFC so early in the season. I mean, all that talent from the O. SNC keeps wasting their time recruiting in the BCHL and NAHL when everyone knows the real gems come out of the OPJHL. You could see the look of relief in Coghlin's eyes after the game. I think he was even a little freaked out when he saw all of LFCs new talent gelling together after SNC scored their fourth goal of the third period. From that point on it was even-steven. I'm just glad they left for the MCHA so we don't have to obsess over when we have to play them again. Adrian, you've been warned...

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
          I was at the game and I would say that it was a typical first game of the season with some bad passing due to the "hyped up" feelings that I am sure was prevelant through most of the players. That being said, I was fairly impressed with all of the new Freshman including Keefer. I saw some wonderful playmaking ability by many of the newcomers and the vets. By the third period, SNC was rolling with crisp passing and playmaking. SNC should be fine with the first real test coming this weekend. Remember, last night was only against LF!
          Good summary TBB -- Sluggish first period, but they came out flying in the
          2nd and carried it into the third period.
          Majority of the newcomers looked strong...many freshman vs. LFC freshman recruits....six newbies cracked the starting lineup...I don't expect you will see that same number vs Stout this weekend, but at least 3 or 4 will see some action...If we get a strong weekend from O'Brien in net, we will play right with the Devils....if not, it may not be pretty...
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

A little help from above couldn't hurt...

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...0910291240_rev
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...hockey10-2.pdf
              Weekend preview...nice work, Dan!!
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                A little help from above couldn't hurt...

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...0910291240_rev
                SNC will need all the help they can get this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
                  SNC will need all the help they can get this weekend.
                  It's obvious some of the Stout fans put the cart ahead of the horse this season. Though considering it's Stout maybe it would probably be better to say you sold the food stamps for cash and then put the cigs and lotto tickets ahead of the food for your kids.

Is the Peters Cup still stowed away on your bus headed to Lake Placid or have you guys reconsidered? I noticed none of you wanted to update or recap the game tonight. Pretty quiet considering how loud you have been the past few weeks. I guess SNC found some of that "help" you talked so much about.
                  D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                  Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post
                    It's obvious some of the Stout fans put the cart ahead of the horse this season. Though considering it's Stout maybe it would probably be better to say you sold the food stamps for cash and then put the cigs and lotto tickets ahead of the food for your kids.

Is the Peters Cup still stowed away on your bus headed to Lake Placid or have you guys reconsidered? I noticed none of you wanted to update or recap the game tonight. Pretty quiet considering how loud you have been the past few weeks. I guess SNC found some of that "help" you talked so much about.
                    So the fact that I don't pay over 50k a year for school I'm on food stamps? Also nice analogy... "You sold the food stamps for cash" well thats pretty good on my part. Cash goes for a lot more than food stamps but the problem comes here: "and then put the cigs and lotto tickets ahead of the food for your kids" I thought I sold my food stamps for cash and since when do i have kids? As a college student it would be a big blow to find out i have kids I mean how would I then become an old washed up I remember the days when my overpriced educational institution was so good and I never want to forget them. So i will never move away from the town, go to all the sporting events and even hop on message boards and try to degrade people who go to practical schools where they pay considerably less but in all honesty get the better deal. Oh wait I don't go to St. Norbert's, I go to Stout and apparently get foodstamps for my tuition.

as for game recaps, comments etc. Game recaps are not my thing, and as SNC got lucky I was waiting for someone to put in some nice words and admit that the second best team in the conference played a good game and beat stout.

Comment

as for game recaps, comments etc. Game recaps are not my thing, and as SNC got lucky I was waiting for someone to put in some nice words and admit that the second best team in the conference played a good game and beat stout.
                      Are you sure Stout's the best team in the conference? Why? Because of a poll?

If Norberts beats Stout again today, are they still lucky?
                      Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                      2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                      2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                      "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post

Caveman:

Could not have been stated any better. Many newbie Stout posters (BDR excluded) who have not realized that this is a new year and that last year was just that!!! As I have stated all Summer, the NCHA is strong top to bottom and that any team can win on any night. You do not win the NCHA or Peters Cup on paper!! Very nice win for SNC, but a long road to go to accomplish anything significant.
                        Last edited by Toe Blake's Brother; 10-31-2009, 10:18 AM.
                        SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

@Wormser: Why is stout the best team in the conference? not because of a poll but because we are Stout. and yes if Norbies beats us again today they are still lucky, but i will tip my hat to them.

Comment

Seriously dude? You have got a lot to learn the in the world of college hockey. Stout was outplayed in nearly every facet of the game. I remember seeing the scoreboard at one point say 13-3 SOG, and was out shot by a final 2:1 margin. Stout looked like an average team living on a prayer that their goaltender would give them a chance.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                              Caveman:

Could not have been stated any better. Many newbie Stout posters (BDR excluded) who have not realized that this is a new year and ... nice win for SNC, but a long road to go to accomplish anything significant.
                              It is only the beginning & a long way to go. Although the streamline video kept breaking-up repeatedly on me last night, from what I saw the lopsided shots on net in the 1st period we're not necessarily any spectacular scoring chances. Lots of pucks fired from anywhere & everywhere which usually goalies love & have no problem with. Should be a different game tonight ... Knights know they we're lucky to win it.

Comment

Game recaps are not my thing, and as SNC got lucky I was waiting for someone to put in some nice words and admit that the second best team in the conference played a good game and beat stout.
                                Hopefully SNC gets lucky enough to win while outshooting Stout 2 to 1 again today. Bless you for your team spirit, but there is a fine line between supporting the team and sounding ridiculous. I'll give you a little break because you are new to the board, but I'll tip you off that NCHA history pre-dates last season's Peters Cup playoffs. One Peters Cup doesn't guarantee eternal greatness. Heck, a National Championship season with only two regulars graduating netted SNC a 4th place finish and no NCAAs last year. "Because we're SNC" didn't help our team last year and "because we're Stout" won't get you jack squat this year. Toe Blake's Brother is wise. Read his post carefully and let it sink in.
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X