PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ralph Baer
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Last year we began the new season thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=78892&page=51&highlight=RPI in mid-August, so why not start it now?

Today is 5 August 2009. There are 59 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.

DrDemento
08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Last year we began the new season thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=78892&page=51&highlight=RPI in mid-August, so why not start it now?

Today is 5 August 2009. There are 59 days until RPI's next game.

Well it is only 7 more days before we can honor an RPI uniform number:)

DrDemento
08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
RB from the last thread-"They built three dorms south of Nason and Warren for the 69-70 year. So it wasn't there when you were there"

Now Nason and Warren I remember:D

Ralph Baer
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Well it is only 7 more days before we can honor an RPI uniform number:)

I am not going to do former players. I found it not worth the effort. Feel free if you want to.

Also, there is a ground swell of opinion to do Off-Season Part II, I'll delete this thread.

BTW, I did forget back at 86 days left to honor Allison Wright.

Ralph Baer
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
RB from the last thread-"They built three dorms south of Nason and Warren for the 69-70 year. So it wasn't there when you were there"

Now Nason and Warren I remember:D

They were opened for my second year of grad school.

FlagDUDE08
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Yep, there's Nugent and Davison on either side with Sharp in the middle. Off of that side street near the fire house and the old School 14 (Academy Hall) is how to get in there. All three, though on the hill, are upperclass dorms.

Also, great to see Bryan's article on INCH. Great find, PuckSwami!

jmhusker
08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I am not going to do former players. I found it not worth the effort. Feel free if you want to.

That's what she said...

Ralph Baer
08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
That's what she said...

A poor choice of words on my part. :D

Red Cloud
08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
BTW, I did forget back at 86 days left to honor Allison Wright.

Fail.

Wicked Slappaahs
08-05-2009, 06:34 PM
...All three, though on the hill, are upperclass dorms...

Where are the lowclass dorms, in the South End?? :eek: :D

Ralph Baer
08-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Today is 6 August 2009. There are 58 days until RPI's next game.

FlagDUDE08
08-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Where are the lowclass dorms, in the South End?? :eek: :D

Well, given the amount of vandalism because of how new it is, maybe Hotel Barton counts as that. :P

Red Cloud
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Also, great to see Bryan's article on INCH. Great find, PuckSwami!

Indeed. Maybe next he'll get some recognition on a real college hockey site!

engineerhockeyfan
08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Indeed. Maybe next he'll get some recognition on a real college hockey site!

baby steps. ;) :)

Ralph Baer
08-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Today is 7 August 2009. There are 57 days until RPI's next game.

Ralph Baer
08-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Today is 8 August 2009. There are 56 days (8 weeks) until RPI's next game.

JCrawford
08-08-2009, 03:23 AM
From the off-season thread:

Moving hockey to accommodate primetime basketball? I bet they don't even get 1000 people for that tournament, and most of them probably will not be of RPI allegiance.

Dr. Jackson, I understand your high hopes, but I just don't think you'll get the good attendance for basketball, especially if you can't fill the Armory if the admission is free. Granted I've never actually been to one of those games mostly because I don't like watching the sport, but I don't know how many around the area do either.

Yes, but imagine how few people they'd get if they had to accommodate both games going on at the same time? Parking/traffic is bad enough as it is to get to the HFH for ice hockey games. I can't imagine how tough it would be to accommodate for parking for a hockey game at HFH and a basketball game at ECAV at the same time.

It's a matter of public relations. I'm sure there are those (however few) people who care more about hoops than about hockey, and would get quite upset if they had to fight HFH hockey traffic to get to the basketball game. Likewise, they don't want to upset the die-hard hockey fans by having basketball fans taking up valuable parking spots around ECAV/HFH.

FlagDUDE08
08-08-2009, 01:57 PM
From the off-season thread:

Yes, but imagine how few people they'd get if they had to accommodate both games going on at the same time? Parking/traffic is bad enough as it is to get to the HFH for ice hockey games. I can't imagine how tough it would be to accommodate for parking for a hockey game at HFH and a basketball game at ECAV at the same time.

It's a matter of public relations. I'm sure there are those (however few) people who care more about hoops than about hockey, and would get quite upset if they had to fight HFH hockey traffic to get to the basketball game. Likewise, they don't want to upset the die-hard hockey fans by having basketball fans taking up valuable parking spots around ECAV/HFH.

You make a very good point on having two events at different times. However, I would think they'd want to have the lesser-attended event first, since it's easier to get out while people are trying to get in, as opposed to the other way around. Usually people will stagger into an event, but will all leave at the same time. If you have 3,000-4,000 people trying to get out of that area while at the same time trying to get 999 staggering in for another event, you'll see some serious problems with not only traffic, but parking, and even people trying to get into the building.

Either that, or their thought is, "Meh, traffic is awful here after the hockey game, why don't I see what's going on in the other building...", but I don't know how many will do that, and how many will try to get a good seat at Brown's, H&W, or O'Leary's. :P

JCrawford
08-08-2009, 03:15 PM
You make a very good point on having two events at different times. However, I would think they'd want to have the lesser-attended event first, since it's easier to get out while people are trying to get in, as opposed to the other way around. Usually people will stagger into an event, but will all leave at the same time. If you have 3,000-4,000 people trying to get out of that area while at the same time trying to get 999 staggering in for another event, you'll see some serious problems with not only traffic, but parking, and even people trying to get into the building.

Either that, or their thought is, "Meh, traffic is awful here after the hockey game, why don't I see what's going on in the other building...", but I don't know how many will do that, and how many will try to get a good seat at Brown's, H&W, or O'Leary's. :P

I can almost guarantee that we'll hear announcements several times during that game.... "After the game, why not head up to the new basketball arena at ECAV and check out the RPI men's basketball team as they take on..." etc.

FlagDUDE08
08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I can almost guarantee that we'll hear announcements several times during that game.... "After the game, why not head up to the new basketball arena at ECAV and check out the RPI men's basketball team as they take on..." etc.

You're dead on, JCrawford, probably about as much as they said "Citizen's Bank: Not Your Typical Bank" at the first Governor's Cup.